Mosquitos

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Mosquitos

Postby Jimbo » 15 Aug 2020, 01:31

WHY???

Out for a walk the other day, my bare legs getting bitten up by the tiny bastards I came up with another of my million dollar ideas. See, I forgot to spray myself with insect repellent before I left my house and so I wished for a way to get sprayed out here on the trail. And so was born the "Box". It's more like a portal than a box I guess. The idea is you step into the box/portal and get - PSSSTTT - a quick head to toe spray. Before that, however, you need to pay me a buck. Is that an idea or what????

Skeeters. Kill 'em all I say, What say you, Jebadayah?
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: Mosquitos

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Aug 2020, 02:19

Back in the summer of 79 my family and I were traveling around in Norway-Sweden-Finland, and part of the trip involved camping out in a forest in Finland. We spent all night awake killing mosquitos in the tent, except for my father, they weren't interested in his blood. So some blood types attract the little bastards more than others.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 15 Aug 2020, 03:15

Howzabout the bastards' symmetrical sense like when I get bitten on my left bicep, amazingly I get another bite on my right.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Flower

Postby Flower » 15 Aug 2020, 13:12

Plants that repell mosquitos.

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2018/09/07/dea ... %20Gaskins.

It won't help you on your walk unless you decide to be a sort of a Johnny Appleseed and scatter seeds along trails. Note that it won't make your fortune. :)

I have lots of Russian Sage in my back garden and no problems with mosquitos.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 16 Aug 2020, 00:30

GoogaMooga wrote:Back in the summer of 79 my family and I were traveling around in Norway-Sweden-Finland, and part of the trip involved camping out in a forest in Finland. We spent all night awake killing mosquitos in the tent, except for my father, they weren't interested in his blood. So some blood types attract the little bastards more than others.

It's not the blood type so much as the differing aromas given off by different phenotypes.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 16 Aug 2020, 02:38

I’ve spent the past few weeks being dinner for various flying things; drives me mad. I came back from holiday in Venice a couple of years ago with about 30 bites - and that’s with using mosquito repellent. Bastards.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Aug 2020, 21:59

My biggest fear of visiting Scotland was dealing with midges even though we went in September. I knew it wasn’t prime time for them but still worried a little. I can’t remember seeing or getting bit by anything the entire trip.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Aug 2020, 02:16

Before heading out for a stroll yesterday evening I sprayed my legs, arms, neck, bald head and then rubbed it all in with my hands. Where do I have an itchy bite that won't quit bothering me? On my right hand, on the heel of my thumb. Grrr.

C
Robust

Postby C » 29 Aug 2020, 14:31

Boxes and spraying reminded me of this

kath wrote:(she squints, focusing all her concentration...)

inn dooooob ittt ableeee.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Aug 2020, 14:39

:lol:

Saw a show tonight about new camping gear and there is a brand of outdoorsy clothing infused with insect repellent.
How come I didn't think of that?