Weed

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: Weed

Postby GoogaMooga » 08 Aug 2020, 13:47

There's also the method of rubbing the resin off the leaves and kneading it into a ball, as in Nepalese Temple Ball.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 08 Aug 2020, 13:52

Which is easier to live without for the rest of your life, sex or cheeba cheeba?
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Aug 2020, 22:13

GoogaMooga wrote: Nepalese Temple Ball.

Which interestingly can be relieved by rubbing the itchy and swollen testicle with cannabis resin.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Aug 2020, 04:06

HEADUCATION 8-)

Woke up and thought of this. "You child will remain a dolt if you don't get her some headucation."

Irks me when Rogan, a famous head himself and should know better, refers to being not stoned as "sober." Sober is not drunk. Not stoned is "straight." Yeah yeah, not gay is straight, I get that but we heads had that word first.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

C
Robust

Postby C » 09 Aug 2020, 20:54

Jimbly wrote:Is it just me in the uncool kids group that doesn't feel any need for recreational drugs. I'm not anti the use of them or anybody that wants to use them. Just not for me.

So that's me, you and Zappa then lad

kath wrote:(she squints, focusing all her concentration...)

inn dooooob ittt ableeee.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 09 Aug 2020, 22:42

Seems to be , Dad
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Aug 2020, 22:45

Hey, what am I, chopped liver?

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 10 Aug 2020, 08:54

Jimbly wrote:Seems to be , Dad and chopped liver
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Aug 2020, 09:15

The rate of teen suicide increased by 58% in 3 years in Colorado, although cannabis isn't mentioned once in this article.

cpr.org/2019/09/17/the-rate-of-teen-suicide-in-colorado-increased-by-58-percent-in-3-years-making-it-the-cause-of-1-in-5-adolescent-deaths/

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Aug 2020, 10:50

KeithPratt wrote:The rate of teen suicide increased by 58% in 3 years in Colorado, although cannabis isn't mentioned once in this article.

cpr.org/2019/09/17/the-rate-of-teen-suicide-in-colorado-increased-by-58-percent-in-3-years-making-it-the-cause-of-1-in-5-adolescent-deaths/

Correlation is not causation... perhaps that's why the author(s) didn't mention it?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Aug 2020, 11:05

But it is remarkable that the first state to legalise cannabis has had a sharp uptake of teen suicides isn't it?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Aug 2020, 11:59

KeithPratt wrote:But it is remarkable that the first state to legalise cannabis has had a sharp uptake of teen suicides isn't it?

It would be, sure, if it wasn’t still illegal for teens to use it.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Aug 2020, 21:01

I smoke every night, just the one, just before bedtime.

The mix is probably 10% weed, 90% tobacco.

It’s all I need to achieve relaxation (I have no desire to do more) - and I can block unwanted thoughts (work or irrational fears) very quickly. (Largely because I can’t hold a thought for any more than a few seconds, which is great.)

I don’t want to engage in conversation after smoking, am happy going straight to bed, feeling mellow, generally drifting off to a bit of Radio Caroline.

It seems (anecdotally) that many people smoke neat weed - do you guys?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Aug 2020, 08:36

Lord Rother wrote:I smoke every night, just the one, just before bedtime.

The mix is probably 10% weed, 90% tobacco.

It’s all I need to achieve relaxation (I have no desire to do more) - and I can block unwanted thoughts (work or irrational fears) very quickly. (Largely because I can’t hold a thought for any more than a few seconds, which is great.)

I don’t want to engage in conversation after smoking, am happy going straight to bed, feeling mellow, generally drifting off to a bit of Radio Caroline.

I quit smoking tobacco in the 1980s. I use pipes or, occasionally, a herbal vaporiser.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Aug 2020, 14:09

I am soooo jealous. There is no pot in my life these days. I hear it's around but the scene is really sleazy with gangsters and low lifes. Luckily I do enjoy life's simpler pleasures and tell myself that life itself is a high but still I miss those Roger Rabbit living in a cartoon sort of experiences. (Ooh, that'd be fun to do high.)

I also miss those great conversations we used to have.

"Uh."

"Yeah, I'm hip."

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 13 Aug 2020, 15:10

KeithPratt wrote:But it is remarkable that the first state to legalise cannabis has had a sharp uptake of teen suicides isn't it?

Teen suicides in Colorado have been on the rise since 2009 well before weed (or even medical weed) was legal in Colorado. All the articles I read state there isn't a link to weed although many have weed in their system.

https://coloradosun.com/2019/01/03/colorado-counties-with-highest-youth-suicide-rates/

Secondly, once again weed isn't legal to people under 21.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 13 Aug 2020, 15:11

Lord Rother wrote:

? what is neat weed?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Aug 2020, 15:17

Hightea wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:

? what is neat weed?

These Englanders and other Uropeens like to mix their weed with tabakky for some dumb reason. Makes the joints look bigger I guess. "Neat" means sans le tabac.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 13 Aug 2020, 15:17

Hightea wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:

? what is neat weed?

The analogy is to liquor. Weed on its own, not commingled with tobacco or anything else.
The only Americans I've known who mix it picked up the notion in Europe.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Aug 2020, 15:18

Burns better with tobacco.