Weed

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
`

Re: Weed

Postby ` » 07 Aug 2020, 14:11

Deebank wrote:

As fr long-term MDMA use, have you ever seem Norman Cook's hands up close? I'm surprised he can get a needle onto a record at all!

Bloody druggy!

Probably more interested in putting a needle into his arm!

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 07 Aug 2020, 14:56

Deebank wrote:
Jimbly wrote:Is it just me in the uncool kids group that doesn't feel any need for recreational drugs. I'm not anti the use of them or anybody that wants to use them. Just not for me.

Captain Obvious says... Alcohol is a recreational drug!

(this smug statement does not apply if you don't drink)

Captain Boring says....I'm not teetotal but I'm not much of a drinker either.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 07 Aug 2020, 15:37

KeithPratt wrote: We struggle with alcohol and nicotine addiction, so why add a further potential burden of cannabis, particularly when mental health problems are already soaring? The links between psychosis and cannabis use have been documented.

Please I call those studies BS. I would bet it has more to do with each persons reaction to weed. Weed is very much like alcohol in that some abuse it but most just use it in moderation. I've used it in moderation for 45 years and have even stopped for years more than once. I don't have an addictive personality and have had friends and family who have abused weed. One of the reasons I've not always been a fan of legalizing it. However, I've changed my mind years ago because its silly to arrest and jail people for something that shouldn't be illegal especially when you look at the prescription drug problem.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 07 Aug 2020, 16:05

Deebank wrote:...

As fr long-term MDMA use, have you ever seem Norman Cook's hands up close? I'm surprised he can get a needle onto a record at all!

No, I haven't.

What do you mean please ? Tremor, deformity, something else......?
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 07 Aug 2020, 16:21

Samoan wrote:
Deebank wrote:...

No, I haven't.

What do you mean please ? Tremor, deformity, something else......?

I can't remember where I heard it or from whom but when I lived in Brighton, friends of friends knew (or at least had met) Norman and Zoe and 'the tea' at the time was that he had the uncontrollable shakes, the implication being that his hammering the pills had caused some sort of early onset Parkinsons type thing. I also vaguely remember seeing him somewhere and seeing for myself - he seemed very frail for a youngish man.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 07 Aug 2020, 16:25

KeithPratt wrote:The most overrated drug on the planet

That has to be nicotine surely?
At least marijuana gets you high. Nicotine does nothing except alleviate the craving for nicotine! Fucking rubbish. :x

Only a fucking moron would get addicted to that

:oops:
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Aug 2020, 18:32

Jimbly wrote:Is it just me in the uncool kids group that doesn't feel any need for recreational drugs. I'm not anti the use of them or anybody that wants to use them. Just not for me.

Same here. I've never done them (and that includes drinking)... though I'm also not ruling out the possibility that I might someday.

In any event, I'm all for the decriminalization of pot. Let's face it, anyone who wants it can (and will) get it easily enough whether it's legal or not. Decriminalization just means it can be regulated, taxed, etc. And it'll make the prisons a bit less crowded.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 07 Aug 2020, 19:20

The main fear here is if most youngsters start on cannabis, even those who wouldn't normally touch a cigarette. As it does affect short term memory and impairs learning, especially in the young, who will be our future breadwinners? The main fear is that the economy would collapse. But just exactly how does it look in Canada and those American states who have legalized so far? Boost or bane?
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Aug 2020, 19:51

GoogaMooga wrote:The main fear here is if most youngsters start on cannabis, even those who wouldn't normally touch a cigarette. As it does affect short term memory and impairs learning, especially in the young, who will be our future breadwinners?

Like I say, the ones who want it will get it regardless - just like with booze, or for that matter harder drugs. I don't think there's much that can be done about that.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Aug 2020, 20:50

GoogaMooga wrote:The main fear here is if most youngsters start on cannabis, even those who wouldn't normally touch a cigarette. As it does affect short term memory and impairs learning, especially in the young, who will be our future breadwinners?

It can remain illegal for kids. The argument presumes that whether it is legal or not makes a difference.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 07 Aug 2020, 23:28

Sam Stone wrote:Has weed totally supplanted hash ?

Not entirely, no. That's my strong preference, and I can still get it, although at the moment covid is stopping me meeting up with my one source of supply. Remarkably, it's still the same price as it was in the late 1980s.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Aug 2020, 23:43

Rayge wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:Has weed totally supplanted hash ?

Not entirely, no. That's my strong preference, and I can still get it, although at the moment covid is stopping me meeting up with my one source of supply. Remarkably, it's still the same price as it was in the late 1980s.

Something that has bugged me for years is how two countries which are ever-present in the news are never ever mentioned to be the world's best hashish makers, Afghanistan and Lebanon.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Aug 2020, 23:47

Jimbo wrote:Something that has bugged me for years is how two countries which are ever-present in the news are never ever mentioned to be the world's best hashish makers, Afghanistan and Lebanon.

Just another example of the lamestream media suppressing the truth, Jimbo.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Aug 2020, 23:48

Charlie O. wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Something that has bugged me for years is how two countries which are ever-present in the news are never ever mentioned to be the world's best hashish makers, Afghanistan and Lebanon.

Just another example of the lamestream media suppressing the truth, Jimbo.

You could be right for once Charlie.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Aug 2020, 23:56

How hashish is made. Without checking I had heard that a person runs naked through a mature field of cannabis and gets the sticky stuff all over them, then he gets scraped and the scrapings are hash. Am I right?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 Aug 2020, 02:47

Jimbo wrote:How hashish is made. Without checking I had heard that a person runs naked through a mature field of cannabis and gets the sticky stuff all over them, then he gets scraped and the scrapings are hash. Am I right?

I'd find a new supplier if I were you.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 Aug 2020, 02:54

GoogaMooga wrote:The main fear here is if most youngsters start on cannabis, even those who wouldn't normally touch a cigarette. As it does affect short term memory and impairs learning, especially in the young, who will be our future breadwinners? The main fear is that the economy would collapse. But just exactly how does it look in Canada and those American states who have legalized so far? Boost or bane?

Good question Googs. I'm only able to answer from a very local area of Montreal if I'm going to tell you what I have seen so far. In fact, hardly anything different that before (the kids who want to smoke will, whatever) but generally, very well behaved. Sure, there are a few in the herd that will say "to hell, it's legal now, I'll just smoke right here on this busy sidewalk, regardless who passes by - kids, grannies....". But in general, other than the major uptick right the beginning which has abated, it's all the same as before.

What's happening in other parts of Canada, the US, wherever, I have no way of knowing.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 08 Aug 2020, 03:42

souphound wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:The main fear here is if most youngsters start on cannabis, even those who wouldn't normally touch a cigarette. As it does affect short term memory and impairs learning, especially in the young, who will be our future breadwinners? The main fear is that the economy would collapse. But just exactly how does it look in Canada and those American states who have legalized so far? Boost or bane?

Good question Googs. I'm only able to answer from a very local area of Montreal if I'm going to tell you what I have seen so far. In fact, hardly anything different that before (the kids who want to smoke will, whatever) but generally, very well behaved. Sure, there are a few in the herd that will say "to hell, it's legal now, I'll just smoke right here on this busy sidewalk, regardless who passes by - kids, grannies....". But in general, other than the major uptick right the beginning which has abated, it's all the same as before.

What's happening in other parts of Canada, the US, wherever, I have no way of knowing.

Still illegal in NY but easy to get both ways in neighbor state. Don't see or hear of a rush or kids using weed but have no idea of college life. Still is 21 not that this ever stopped anyone.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 08 Aug 2020, 08:39

Jimbo wrote:How hashish is made. Without checking I had heard that a person runs naked through a mature field of cannabis and gets the sticky stuff all over them, then he gets scraped and the scrapings are hash. Am I right?

In some areas in Asia this was one traditional method, but not in North Africa and Lebanon, where it's made by pressing the dried plant, which is why it comes in slabs from those areas.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Aug 2020, 10:43

Must potheads always look like potheads? My son informs me that most of the pot busts here are of characters who look like potheads.