Friday brings QUESTIONS

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Friday brings QUESTIONS

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Jul 2020, 19:30

If you were told you could donate a body part to end Covid -19, would you do it? Which part would you part with?

What's a word you've written and read, but never said and have no idea how to pronounce it?

Do you like your doctor?

What's the most DELICIOUS thing you've eaten so far this week?

Would you like a big hug?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Charlie O.

Re: Friday brings QUESTIONS

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Jul 2020, 20:13

If you were told you could donate a body part to end Covid -19, would you do it? Which part would you part with?

I reckon I could spare my left leg to end Covid-19.

What's a word you've written and read, but never said and have no idea how to pronounce it?

That's a great question and I know that there are such things but darned if I can think of one right now.

Do you like your doctor?

My longtime doctor died recently from Covid-19. I liked him very much. The doctor I'm seeing now seems nice.

Chicken souvlaki and Greek potatoes (delivery from a nearby restaurant). Close second: chicken tenders from a Roy Rogers drive-thru - seriously, they were Just Right - had to stop myself from going back for more.

Yes, please.

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Jul 2020, 20:58

An earlobe, preferably the right one.

Like Charlie I think it's a great question but I can't think of one now. I'll get back to you when I do.

Do you like your doctor?

I haven't met my new one yet. When I went on Medicare last year I decided to go with Kaiser to provide my O. P. care, prescriptions, etc. but I have yet to make an appt.

A nectarine.

Yes and I'll be getting one in about an hour. :)

Flower

Postby Flower » 10 Jul 2020, 22:25

I would donate and part with a neighbor or two. If it had to be me, a skin graft, maybe behind my neck.

Otorhinolaryngologist

Do you like your doctor?
Yes or I would switch to one that I liked.

A chicken shawarma wrap with falafel and some really great french fries. Didn't finish it all and had a great lunch the next day.

I could use a big hug from my loved ones in heaven
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 11 Jul 2020, 01:02

Well, when you say "body part," could that be something as small as a piece of your finger? Not even a whole finger, but just a piece? See, that's how my mind works when I hear these questions.

I could probably pronounce anything for you as long as it wasn't some kind of medical term. I'm the guy people usually come to for how to pronounce and spell words.

Do you like your doctor?

I guess, that would be something I'd never think about. I don't have to like him. He's been my doctor since the '90s. He told me a few years ago that I'm nicer now than I was when I met him. I know how people perceive me so it didn't surprise me when he said that - but I never think of being mean to someone, to me it's just talking. LOL. You'll know when I'm mad at you.

This week? Geez, I've been making all of my meals for me and the girls since the pandemic except for the rare times we order out, and since I'm no one's idea of a cook... Damn, I really can't think of anything.

Not much of a touchy feely guy, so I don't crave that. Sometimes I think I should be more affectionate with my daughters and hug them more often, but then it is the Covid 19 era. I guess that's no excuse though. My parents weren't big huggers either.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 11 Jul 2020, 14:48

sure. i don't really care which body part. i don't think any of em are in donatable shape, to be honest.... but i'm game.

chiaroscuro. i love it. i love what it means. i used it in a few essays. i have no clue how to pronounce it.

Do you like your doctor?

i love my new doc. LOVE him. and medicaid assigned him to me, so i was kinda worried he'd be one of those state-sponsored, bureaucratic, uncaring/idiotic jerkwads i had so much familiarity with when i was a navy weef. nope, he's the best doc i have ever had in my life, and i've had scads. encouraging, warm, knowledgeable, funny... just fucquin wunnerful.

it's a toss-up between (a) yer basic fried oysters; and (b) spinach and artichoke soup. it's good to be home.

why yes, i would. i *am* a touchy-feely person. my own ma was not, but i've always been. (i think in general, ya just gotta go with yer nature, whatever it is. the people who love ya know how you are.) would YOU like a big hug, minnie? ya ya. ::::::::::::::::bighug:::::::::::::::::::: happy saturday.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Jul 2020, 15:03

Take my appendix and then we can all go BACK TO DRINKING! With OTHER PEOPLE!

Sulcus

Do you like your doctor?

Yes! He's very laid back, thorough, listens and nods laughs a lot.(Unless I tell him something dreadful.)
It's odd, my doctor here sees you in a proper examination room with a very elevated exam table, and you sit on that and he sits on the chair below you. When I'm talking to him, I feel like one of those NY construction workers that were photographed eating their lunch.

Baron brought home some leftover corn chips and an amazing, unidentifiable but spicy dip from his lunch yesterday - they were pretty bloody great!

Fucking hell, would I ever.
I'm longing to hug someone I love other than the man and cats I live with. I'm forgetting how people smell and feel.
I'm hatching plans to hug someone soon using a spare shower curtain.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Jul 2020, 15:04

kath wrote:If you were told you could donate a body part to end Covid -19, would you do it? Which part would you part with?

sure. i don't really care which body part. i don't think any of em are in donatable shape, to be honest.... but i'm game.

chiaroscuro. i love it. i love what it means. i used it in a few essays. i have no clue how to pronounce it.

Do you like your doctor?

i love my new doc. LOVE him. and medicaid assigned him to me, so i was kinda worried he'd be one of those state-sponsored, bureaucratic, uncaring/idiotic jerkwads i had so much familiarity with when i was a navy weef. nope, he's the best doc i have ever had in my life, and i've had scads. encouraging, warm, knowledgeable, funny... just fucquin wunnerful.

it's a toss-up between (a) yer basic fried oysters; and (b) spinach and artichoke soup. it's good to be home.

why yes, i would. i *am* a touchy-feely person. my own ma was not, but i've always been. (i think in general, ya just gotta go with yer nature, whatever it is. the people who love ya know how you are.) would YOU like a big hug, minnie? ya ya. ::::::::::::::::bighug:::::::::::::::::::: happy saturday.

yes, Kath. I would. xxxxx

Dr Markus wrote:

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Jul 2020, 21:19

Can I just take the hug and the leave the rest please.
You don't like me...do you?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 13 Jul 2020, 03:07

I'm also afraid that anything internal is pretty much toxic now, so, let's go with something external. Hmmmm. Howzabout my ring finger? That ain't ever getting used for anything again

Not a word but a name. I was all into the Harry Potter books and read along as they came out basically. Hermione was quite strange to me (remember, I'm French-Canadian). When I finally heard it spoken in the movies, I couldn't believe how far I had been. :oops:

Do you like your doctor?
Don't have one. I should. I know. :roll:

A wonderful blueberry muffin with lots of butter. Maybe that's because I had a craving for one at the time.

I've been alone for so long now that I would take a hug from anybody anytime, almost. There are limits of course. But deep down, yes, of course. Luv hugs.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 Jul 2020, 11:57

Yes. I could let go my top right furthest back molar tooth as my mouth is small and it's a devil of a job to clean and get at thoroughly. I think it's in good nick, no pain.

Guillain-Barré syndrome

Do you like your doctor?

Yes I do, she's great although I haven't seen her since last summer but we spoke on the phone about March. I think I may have been a bit terse with her - she was phoning to check if she should go ahead with the planned referral from neurosurgery to orthopaedics to rule out osteoarthritis in my shoulder joints and I said well I don't think that's going to happen, until at least next year : (not when there are hundreds of patients under my hospital awaiting hip and knee replacements and that's the elective cases, not new incoming trauma). I was thinking to myself does she not realise the size of the behemoth coming down the road towards us (or maybe she did, she was simply following procedure and skirting C19 in our conversation). Anyway.

Lamb Hotpot.

I would. We weren't a huggy family growing up, it was taken as read but there kisses on the cheek. Those were the times and British culture.
We're much much more into the big hugs and kisses since my brother married a South American with a huge family who regularly came over to visit.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 15 Jul 2020, 18:29

Maybe a toe. Do pubes count?

Can't think of one. I can usually have a pretty good educated guess how a word is pronounced if I know what language it's in.

Do you like your doctor?
I don't go often enough to form an opinion. In fact I am not even sure who my doctor is these days. I've not had a day off work sick since having my appendix out in 1993.

Morrison's Volcanic Chicken Vindaloo. Fucking lovely stuff, but it plays havoc with me the morning after.

No thanks.
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.