16 weeks...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Re: 16 weeks...

Postby Neil Jung » 01 Jul 2020, 19:33

Wow just seen this...16 weeks of having sole control of the remote and deciding what music to play next. It must have been good for a little while at least! But I do hope you are reunited on schedule.
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 02 Jul 2020, 05:16

Neil Jung wrote:Wow just seen this...16 weeks of having sole control of the remote and deciding what music to play next.

There's only so many times you can play Status Quo's Piledriver before you start wishing for your loved one to return :D

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 04 Jul 2020, 08:43

trans-chigley express wrote:There's only so many times you can play Status Quo's Piledriver before you start wishing for your loved one to return :D

:)

"Oh baby, been away for far too long." I'm actively avoiding playing it!

It's very strange. I'm not inclined to watch much TV - we don't watch much generally and when we do it's things we both like. The first couple of weeks I watched a few things but oddly I don't get the same level of enjoyment watching solo.

And strangely I've not been listening to much music, which is very unlike me. I've had a couple of days where I've listened to three or four albums but most days I don't listen to anything. Just despondency, I guess.

Still, I haven't got desperate enough to listen to Morrissey, so it's not all bad.

It'll be 19 weeks on Monday...
He's a simpleton. 200 years ago they wouldn't have let him milk a cow.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Jul 2020, 12:44

The Dríver wrote:
Still, I haven't got desperate enough to listen to Morrissey, so it's not all bad.

It'll be 19 weeks on Monday...

I hope to God it doesn't ever get to the Morrissey stage :cry:

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 06 Jul 2020, 12:34

Just when I'm letting myself feel optimistic Easyjet starts dicking around with the dates they put live only a fortnight ago. The flight I'm booked on disappeared from their schedule on Saturday.

This morning it's back on there but my optimism has been dashed. I won't be certain I'll be heading out there until I'm on the plane. I really don't need the stress right now.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 06 Jul 2020, 12:48

My birthday is 1 august - all i'll wish for is that you are able to have a successful reunion.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 07 Jul 2020, 13:30

My friends checked in last evening for their long haul flight back from NZ. I'm delighted for them.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 08 Jul 2020, 09:09

Geezee wrote:My birthday is 1 august - all i'll wish for is that you are able to have a successful reunion.

Thanks. That's a really nice thing to have said.

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 08 Jul 2020, 09:12

Samoan wrote:My friends checked in last evening for their long haul flight back from NZ. I'm delighted for them.

My flight looks to still be on the schedule. I just hope to God that there's no further lockdown. Well, unless it happens when I'm over there!