BLM, Trump... and all that

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Re: BLM, Trump... and all that

Postby Deebank » 08 Jun 2020, 17:45

Jimbly wrote:13 years out of the criminal life before he was killed.

His crimes are actually irrelevant. Even if he had committed a recent crime, nobody should have a police officer kneeling on their neck for over 8 minutes, while telling him "I cant breathe"

There's only one "asshole" here. That's the man in his basement.

J was saying he wouldn't show support for a convicted drug offender which some here might find a tad hypocritical.
I have nothing but admiration. Having recently been on a fentanyl drip. I couldn't even stand up, let alone do a bit of shopping.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 08 Jun 2020, 18:48

Jimbo wrote:Just learned about George Floyd's criminal record. He didn't deserve to die like that, I guess, but he ain't a hero nor a martyr that's for sure. Go down on one knee for an asshole criminal like him?

Just quoting this to make sure no one misses it.

Here's your chance to edit it. Edit it and I'll edit this.

Choose to stand by it, and I'll promote it far and wide. Your choice.

Congrats on the completion of your journey from troll to full-on Trump apologist.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:This bullshit is horseshit.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

Flower

Postby Flower » 08 Jun 2020, 18:53

Sam Stone wrote:Be interesting to hear/read the exact wordings of the store clerk's original call to the police about the dud bill.

Minneapolis releases transcript of George Floyd 911 call

A transcript of the 911 call made Monday night during George Floyd's arrest has been released by the City of Minneapolis. According to the transcript, the caller told the dispatcher there was a "tall guy" who was "awfully drunk and he's not in control of himself."

Floyd, 46, died after a police officer kept his knee on his neck for several minutes while Floyd cried out that he couldn't breathe, an incident caught on camera that has sparked nationwide protests and several nights of unrest in Minneapolis. Floyd was being taken into custody on suspicion of forgery.

What follows below is a full transcript of the 911 call:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-flo ... is-police/

Be equally interesting to hear/read the PD's despatcher's radioed instructions to officers

I agree. I'm not conversant with police procedure but also wonder if the dispatcher or an officer ran the plates and came up with George Floyd's background information.

Sadly, so much stupidity, starting with the store clerk's 911 call lead to a tragic ending.

R.I.P. George Floyd ... :(
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Jun 2020, 19:05

Whatever his criminal record was... that matters not one single fucking jot, until he is tried convicted and then - and only then- does his previous record come into play. So let's just chuck all that shit away, shall we.

Secondly - he was arrested on suspicion of pass a forged $20 bill. Just think about that. I really can't wait for the next Enron scandal and we see SWAT teams descending on the companies HQ and start throwing those perps inside out of the fucking windows.

Lastly - the guy lent on his neck for nine + minutes. He ignored the pleas of George Floyd that he couldn't breathe. He kept him in that position until he died, underneath his knee.

There is only one low life scum in this picture. And his name isn't George Floyd.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 08 Jun 2020, 20:40

Jimbo wrote:Just learned about George Floyd's criminal record. He didn't deserve to die like that, I guess, but he ain't a hero nor a martyr that's for sure. Go down on one knee for an asshole criminal like him?

ohhhhh, just go fucque yerself runnin.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Jun 2020, 01:38

Look, I'm as susceptible to outside influences as anyone I guess. It just so happened that yesterday I happened to hear some black American conservatives talking about Floyd and the demonstrations, and their hard-nosed opinions, i.e. "all lives matter," made more sense to me than some airy-fairy political stance, i.e. disband the police. One argued if black lives mattered so much, especially the life of career criminal Floyd, how is it suddenly all these people ignore the daily murders of black people by other black people? Something very "Life of Brian-y" about the whole thing.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 09 Jun 2020, 04:03

Jimbo wrote:Just learned about George Floyd's criminal record. He didn't deserve to die like that, I guess, but he ain't a hero nor a martyr that's for sure. Go down on one knee for an asshole criminal like him? Yeah, right. That he wasn't in prison with a record like that is surprising. He'd be alive if he were.

. George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
. On May 25, 2020, Floyd was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store in Minneapolis
. He was under the influence of fentanyl and methamphetamine at the time of arrest
. Floyd has more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest and went to jail for at least 5 times
. George Floyd was the ringleader of a violent home invasion
. He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
. Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
. He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
. Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
. He had another stint for a theft in August 1998
https://greatgameindia.com/george-floyd-criminal/

What a bunch of fucking douchebaggery. It doesn’t matter, the cop fucking murdered him.
Go crawl under a rock.
the Eagles suck.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 09 Jun 2020, 04:34

Yeah, he had a criminal past, so deserved to be fucking killed/left to die in the street without any help.

Fuck you and the shitty hobby horse you rode in on, Jimbo.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Jun 2020, 06:57

What a bunch of whiny, whinging, Karens you are. I fucking said he didn't deserve to die like that. Instead I think he deserved to be kicked repeatedly in the nuts by the woman he robbed at gunpoint in her own house. And how many other crimes had he gotten away with? Who might he have murdered? Can you not see how there are a variety of issues here, that there is nuance, that there is more to the story than what the bad white cops did to an "innocent" black man? Might the coincidence that the cop and Floyd worked security at the same club have something to do with the case? That's why I added "I guess" because I don't fucking know.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Jun 2020, 07:21

You have exposed yourself truly and completely as the misanthropic, miserable creature you are who attaches zero value to anyone's life but your own. No wonder you like Trump so much.

Nobody here gives a shit what you have to say about anything.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:This bullshit is horseshit.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 18 Jun 2020, 14:36

So, can we all agree that All Lives Matter is a bullshit movement and that using the phrase is deeply unhelpful in the fight against clearly visible systemic racism?

Nice one.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Re:

Postby The Prof » 18 Jun 2020, 15:03

Jimbo wrote:What a bunch of whiny, whinging, Karens you are.

I DEMAND to see the Manger. NOW!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Re:

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Jun 2020, 15:46

The Prof wrote:

Ooh! Are you one of the three kings?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 19 Jun 2020, 09:59

From WIkipedia...

The Karens[a] (/kəˈrɛn/) are an ethnolinguistic group of Sino-Tibetan language-speaking ethnic groups.

I hope this helps
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Flower

Postby Flower » 19 Jun 2020, 14:06

Deebank wrote:From WIkipedia...

The Karens[a] (/kəˈrɛn/) are an ethnolinguistic group of Sino-Tibetan language-speaking ethnic groups.

I hope this helps

Yes it does and just in case anyone was wondering .... The Alans (Latin: Alani) were an Iranian nomadic pastoral people of antiquity.

:D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

The Prof

Re: Re:

Postby The Prof » 19 Jun 2020, 15:08

Minnie the Minx wrote:
The Prof wrote:

Ooh! Are you one of the three kings?

Nearly 24 hours and I've finally got the joke :oops:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jun 2020, 15:23

You dozy mare!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 19 Jun 2020, 15:33

I blame not checking the spell-check.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jun 2020, 15:43

I blame your vodka tots.

Dr Markus wrote: