BLM, Trump... and all that

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Re: BLM, Trump... and all that

Postby The Prof » 15 Jul 2020, 13:09

An undignified exit would be excellent to watch unfold (unless he went on a killing rampage)
However, Hillary was quite a bit ahead leading into the election

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 15 Jul 2020, 13:30

Deebank wrote:This is as good a place for this as any...

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president?utm_campaign=us2020-forecast&utm_medium=social-organic&utm_source=twitter

If this is correct and I suspect that it is as of today (which is not to say it will still be accurate come November of course), Trump is going to get his arse handed to him on a plate. Is it too much to wish for?

Seriously though I think that's what it will take to oust the fucker and even then the chances of him going with any dignity are virtually nil.

What the world needs now (apart from love sweet love) is for your bro
to come along and tell us how the orange one is going to win by 200 electoral
College votes....

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 15 Jul 2020, 14:21

The Prof wrote:...(unless he went on a killing rampage)

Another one?!?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Aug 2020, 09:31

This is bad.

UPRISING: Protests Break Out in Wisconsin After Police Shoot Black Man in the Back Multiple Times at Point-Blank Range
August 24, 2020

https://consortiumnews.com/wp-content/u ... _blake.jpg
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Aug 2020, 11:54

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Aug 2020, 12:33

Did you post that video because you agree with the content?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Aug 2020, 12:41

Minnie .. I don't have to explain to you or anyone else why I post ANYTHING> View the video and think for yourself about what Anthony Brian Logan has to say. He has lots of videos, some I agree with and others, I don't. :roll:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Aug 2020, 12:52

I did watch it. That’s why I am asking you if you agreed with it. Otherwise, what’s the point of posting it?
If you don’t have the capacity for debate, that’s fine. I just wanted to check.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Aug 2020, 13:37

Minnie the Minx wrote:

Did you post that video because you agree with the content?

I watched it. The CN article didn't say exactly why the cops shot the man. My first thought is that there must have been some reason the cops shot. That said, did they have to shoot? The guy in Flower's clip is talking the role of prosecutor and crafting a pretty believable narrative that gives the cops the benefit of a doubt. The victim was not a good citizen. That doesn't give the cops permission to shoot the man - and repeatedly - but still there must have been some reason.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Aug 2020, 16:42

Jimbo wrote:This is bad.

UPRISING: Protests Break Out in Wisconsin After Police Shoot Black Man in the Back Multiple Times at Point-Blank Range
August 24, 2020

[code]https://consortiumnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/jacob_blake.jpg

I hate self quoting. Anthony Brian Logan has a comment section where people can agree or disagree with his videos. I find his take on things to be rational and fair. I do NOT always agree with him, especially on politics. I nor am I going to debate his views. Again, anyone who disagrees or agrees with him can post on his Youtube or other social media venues.

A source of information is just a source of information, take it or leave it.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Aug 2020, 17:44

Flower wrote:I hate self quoting.

You can choose not to.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

jimboo wrote:At the age of 57 I had my first pickled egg.

nathan
submitted for your approval

Postby nathan » 25 Aug 2020, 20:18

This has all been very frustrating and fucking maddening. I feel for Kenosha.

I still feel that full dismantling and/or replacement of an entrenched and unionized police force in a major metro area is extremely difficult to pull of all in one go. What I think can be immediately effective is more transparency. More public oversight. We need to know the names of the shitty officers. And trust me, most in my city are fucking terrible. Over 90% don't even live in Minneapolis. When I found that out, I almost lost my shit.

But anyway... there is some encouraging news.

This just came out today in our local paper this afternoon:

A commissioner of a Minneapolis police oversight board will propose Tuesday to unseal a trove of misconduct complaints against police officers, arguing the city has wrongfully withheld these records from the public for years.

Abigail Cerra, a member of the Minneapolis Police Conduct Oversight Commission, says the police department has been skirting open records laws — and violating its own policy — through a practice known as “coaching.” This gentler form of corrective action for police misbehavior normally entails extra training or mentorship for the officer. It is by far the most common form of recourse in the Minneapolis Police Department, accounting 90% of cases in which officers are found to have broken the rules, according to city data collected from 2013 to 2019.

But the public has never been allowed to review the details of those complaints.

That’s because Minneapolis officials say coaching doesn’t meet the bar of “discipline,” and therefore isn’t considered public information under Minnesota law.

“We have no idea where the problems are, because they’re probably being hidden behind this coaching thing,” said Cerra, a former Hennepin County public defender and Minneapolis civil rights investigator. “The city has an obligation to turn over public data — and it probably hasn’t been. You can’t have oversight if you don’t know what’s happening in your own department.”

Cerra said there’s no way to tell if these complaints are being properly categorized, or whether coaching is used as to keep officer misconduct shrouded from public view.

The Minneapolis City Attorney declined to comment for this story.

The Office of Police Oversight Committee is a volunteer, civilian board that makes recommendations to police procedure in Minneapolis. Cerra was appointed to the police oversight board in January. She said she started looking into the coaching designation after failing to find anyone who could define the term.

Cerra plans to introduce the proposal at the commission’s subcommittee meeting scheduled to take place via telephone starting at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Aug 2020, 21:46

Jimbo wrote:I watched it. The CN article didn't say exactly why the cops shot the man. My first thought is that there must have been some reason the cops shot. That said, did they have to shoot? The guy in Flower's clip is talking the role of prosecutor and crafting a pretty believable narrative that gives the cops the benefit of a doubt. The victim was not a good citizen. That doesn't give the cops permission to shoot the man - and repeatedly - but still there must have been some reason.

And there you go again. You did this after George Floyd and now you're doing it again.

It doesn't matter a fuck what kind of citizen he was. He was unarmed and shot seven times in the back.

Now fucking justify that.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 25 Aug 2020, 21:50

Oh joy. Here we go again.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Aug 2020, 03:00

In summary then, there's this:

Flower wrote:I just did a google search. I had no idea that there was a group or backlash called "All Lives Matter" .. it just seemed a logical thought to me. I apologize for my ignorance on this issue. I never meant to offend anyone and really think that we ALL count and are important. :oops:

and then this:

Flower wrote: View the video and think for yourself about what Anthony Brian Logan has to say. He has lots of videos, some I agree with and others, I don't. :roll:

And that's the point, really. This thread does have the title BLM, as well as Trump - and the world is cantering off at a pace and there is much that's ripe for change with a real sense of immediacy and in the midst of this you've decided to post something by that buffoon and then roll your eyes like a mysterious Private Benjamin. Why would you not want to discuss your own contribution? What are you nervous about revealing?

Unfortunately for you Flower, in your eagerness to scatter HOT TAKES that you don't feel compelled to explain in the most inappropriate places possible you have actually revealed pretty comprehensively just how many bin lids you lift to have a good old look. I have watched a ton of that man's videos now - well, enough of most of them to get as far as him enjoying saying that black people kill each other a lot and that if we have something to say about it when a policeman does it, we're hypocrites. That's the icing on a pretty foul cake though- he wades through a lot of nonsense about very many things. Why anyone would want to watch more than one having sat through a few is beyond me, but you seem to manage it.

Do you still maintain that you had never heard the "All Lives Matter" term prior to this thread despite the fact that ABL has multiple videos in which issues like this are discussed, even named in the titles of the videos? In which the comments discuss this very issue precisely? It is ALL OVER HIS MEDIA. If you've got a dog in this fight (or even a kitten) bring it out and have the courage of your own convictions. It beggars belief that this whole thing settled overnight in your world like snow and you just woke up to it. I think the polite term is "unreliable witness."

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 26 Aug 2020, 10:26

Minnie .. Perhaps you are unaware that I am not a liar and that I stumbled upon Anthony Brian Logan's videos after I first posted in this thread. Your take on Anthony Brian Logan isn't my take but you are always looking to pick a fight and I am not falling for your bait. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of me, it is sad that you feel the need to libel me.

I find Anthony Brian Logan to be a sane man in an insane world. I have no problem if you or anyone else disagree with me. Perhaps "facts" don't matter to you? I don't know or care. I certainly don't have to explain to you why I post anything. It is never about you.

Perhaps you are unaware that making personal remarks is NOT debating? :shock:

I also enjoy James Blackwood the Raccoon Whisperer and The Kritter Klub.

Btw ~ Is the "Private Benjamin" remark because I am Jewish? :roll:

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Aug 2020, 11:32

Flower wrote:Minnie .. Perhaps you are unaware that I am not a liar and that I stumbled upon Anthony Brian Logan's videos after I first posted in this thread. Your take on Anthony Brian Logan isn't my take but you are always looking to pick a fight and I am not falling for your bait. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of me, it is sad that you feel the need to libel me.

I find Anthony Brian Logan to be a sane man in an insane world. I have no problem if you or anyone else disagree with me. Perhaps "facts" don't matter to you? I don't know or care. I certainly don't have to explain to you why I post anything. It is never about you.

Not a Jimbo alias, honest.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 26 Aug 2020, 11:43

Diamond Dog wrote:
Flower wrote:Minnie .. Perhaps you are unaware that I am not a liar and that I stumbled upon Anthony Brian Logan's videos after I first posted in this thread. Your take on Anthony Brian Logan isn't my take but you are always looking to pick a fight and I am not falling for your bait. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of me, it is sad that you feel the need to libel me.

Not a Jimbo alias, honest.

Multiple personalities - none of them very nice, and in F's case with anything interesting
or worthwhile to say - could well explain the terminal sickness that is our J

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Aug 2020, 04:03

Any response I had to this is made redundant in the light of ongoing events. Roll like a fox in your own comforting crap, please. Enjoy it.

Flower wrote:Btw ~ Is the "Private Benjamin" remark because I am Jewish? :roll:

I've never seen Private Benjamin,but understood the premise to be someone who disliked questioning and was very satisfied with her own worldview. This coupled with Goldie Hawn's historical portrayal of wide eyed innocents in a dreadful world seemed quite apt, really. Congrats on making a subject that wasn't about you, about you!

Flower wrote:Minnie .. I don't have to explain to you or anyone else why I post ANYTHING

Hey! I shouldn't have told you anything! But I did, because that's what grown ups do.

Dr Markus wrote: