Response To The Pandemic

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rorschach

Re: Response To The Pandemic

Postby Rorschach » 26 May 2020, 08:39

Lord Rother wrote: If as a result someone wants to take the piss out of me on here, on Facebook, Preludin or whatever, it matters not a jot.

I haven't taken the piss out of you. I (and others) have presented reasons as to why we think this government has not done a good job on the current epidemic. You stated that your belief was the opposite so I've asked you several times to say why you hold that belief. I've tried to engage with you with no insults preconceived dismissals.
It's not an unreasonable question. It strikes me as very unreasonable to make a very contentious statement and refuse to back it up in any way, just giving flimsy excuses like, 'You wouldn't listen anyway'. i.e. preconceived dismissals.

If you're just here to be a troll then have the balls to at least admit that.
Bugger off.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 26 May 2020, 13:08

Rorschach wrote: reasons as to why we think this government has not done a good job on the current epidemic

I have a copy of today's newspaper I am done with if you need it. :lol:
'You're sort of the Hillary Clinton of the Black Cat Bone Prog Synchronised Listen Artists Under Consideration - everyone knows who you are, but you just can't seem to get where you need to be.'

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 27 May 2020, 06:41

Rorschach wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: If as a result someone wants to take the piss out of me on here, on Facebook, Preludin or whatever, it matters not a jot.

I haven't taken the piss out of you. I (and others) have presented reasons as to why we think this government has not done a good job on the current epidemic. You stated that your belief was the opposite so I've asked you several times to say why you hold that belief. I've tried to engage with you with no insults preconceived dismissals.
It's not an unreasonable question. It strikes me as very unreasonable to make a very contentious statement and refuse to back it up in any way, just giving flimsy excuses like, 'You wouldn't listen anyway'. i.e. preconceived dismissals.

Man who has made himself look like a prize plum refuses to discuss it shock
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 27 May 2020, 07:10

Rorschach wrote:

You have indeed made perfectly polite and reasonable requests, but I can only refer you to my previous post.

I hadn’t thought of it that way but although it seems a bit extreme, if that marks me out as a troll, sobeit.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 27 May 2020, 10:32

You've been here over 10 years and discussed all sorts of stuff yet can't provide any backup to support the assertion that that government are doing a good job?
No further questions, Mi L'aud.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 May 2020, 03:12

Yeah, but Corbyn......
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 30 May 2020, 05:55

The prescience of Douglas Adams:

The President in particular is very much a figurehead — he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.

Remind you of anyone?
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 30 May 2020, 09:41

Copehead wrote:The prescience of Douglas Adams:

The President in particular is very much a figurehead — he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.

Remind you of anyone?

No, sorry, my mind's blank, I'm afraid.
'You're sort of the Hillary Clinton of the Black Cat Bone Prog Synchronised Listen Artists Under Consideration - everyone knows who you are, but you just can't seem to get where you need to be.'