in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Response To The Pandemic

Postby Copehead » 18 May 2020, 06:48

LMG wrote:
Copehead wrote:
LMG wrote:

Labour's Shadow Deputy Prime Minister Angela Rayner dodged any responsibility for Labour's contribution to the disaster.

'

What would that be?

Starmer's craven supporting the government in tough times act?

They appear to have abdicated their responsibility to hold the Government to account early doors but appear to have grown a collective spine more recently.

I am not making a political point, I merely observing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... w-17052020

At around 37:00 and following in the show today Andrew Marr makes the point that responsibility for care home deaths rests on the shoulders of both parties due to long-term underfunding and mismanagement, and points out that care home deaths under the Labour-led government in Wales are similar.

If Raynor disagrees with Marr's interpretation she should say so, he asked her a direct question - she just completely ignores his points and carries on giving her speech, just as Gove does later on.

And how many years out of power is it before the current state of care homes is no longer your responsibility?

The Labour lead government in Wales works under the financial constraints imposed by the Government it cannot raise taxes

This attempt to spread blame after 10 years in power is infantile and just what we have come to expect from Tories who never apologise and never accept responsibility for their actions.

See that evil shitbag who posted far right content smearing Keir Starmer; not apologising for doing it but apologising for any offence caused.

Weasley shit bags the lot of them.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 21 May 2020, 08:30

"In the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear?" - Dr Martin Luther King, Jr 1967

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 May 2020, 16:25

I'm going to the dentist today for my semi-annual cleaning/exam. It will be the first place I've gone outside of gathering food/beverages since this thing started.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 21 May 2020, 17:29

Six String wrote:I'm going to the dentist today for my semi-annual cleaning/exam. It will be the first place I've gone outside of gathering food/beverages since this thing started.

That couldn't happen here (unless one found a private dentist ?) to protect all parties involved - the dentist, the dental nurse and the patient.

https://www.fgdp.org.uk/news/covid-19-latest-guidance-news-and-resources-gdps

I've got a 6/12 routine check up in August and I don't mind telling you, I'm disconcerted about missing it, unless regulations change by then...

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 23 May 2020, 12:40

Samoan wrote:
Six String wrote:I'm going to the dentist today for my semi-annual cleaning/exam. It will be the first place I've gone outside of gathering food/beverages since this thing started.

That couldn't happen here (unless one found a private dentist ?) to protect all parties involved - the dentist, the dental nurse and the patient.

https://www.fgdp.org.uk/news/covid-19-latest-guidance-news-and-resources-gdps

I've got a 6/12 routine check up in August and I don't mind telling you, I'm disconcerted about missing it, unless regulations change by then...

i HAVE A TOOTH WHERE A LUMP OF FILLING HAS FALLEN OFF AND MY PARTNER LOST A WHOLE PIECE OF TOOTH AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE FOR NOW AS WE ARE NOT IN UNBEARABLE AGONY

Sorry about caps but not typing that out again
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 May 2020, 17:28

Cleaning went well. Hygienist wore gown, gloves, mask and visor. I was the only person in the waiting room and then only for about five minutes. I felt very safe under the circumstances.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 May 2020, 19:00

I went to the farmer's market today, first visit since early March. Very sparse crowd which was good imo. Almost everyone was masked and keeping proper distance so I felt pretty safe. Plenty of growers but a few noticeable absentees.

Strawberries!

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 24 May 2020, 20:51

Lord Rother wrote:The UK Government’s response has been good.

Not without mistakes of course but they have shown true leadership at a time of huge stress. They have listened and learned and adapted, which is commendable and unusual.

This is proving an evergreen post. Deserves to be shared as much as David Cameron's "Strong and Stable" tweet.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 25 May 2020, 00:55

As accurate today as it was 2 weeks ago.

It should indeed be reposted. Thanks. :D

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 May 2020, 08:40

Lord Rother wrote:As accurate today as it was 2 weeks ago.

I'm sure you're right, but could you explain it to those of us who don't understand? Not just here: I've seen it reposted on Preludin and Facebook and no-one seemed to think it was true.
Perhaps I' live in a lefty bubble.

So, anyway, you've seen the lists of things Johnson and his government have got wrong so can you tell us what he got right that means their response was actually good? You might like to include an explanation of how Cummings' behaviour was acceptable. Even The Spectator has articles saying he has to go.
Bugger off.

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby slightbreeze » 25 May 2020, 10:02

"Be open and honest, we said. Trashed. Respect the public, we said. Trashed. Ensure equity, so everyone is treated the same, we said. Trashed. Be consistent we said. Trashed. Make clear 'we are all in it together'. Trashed."

Professor Stephen Reicher, in response to Boris/Dominic debacle.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 25 May 2020, 10:46

Rorschach wrote:

I've seen it reposted on Preludin and Facebook and no-one seemed to think it was true.

I know, most amusing! :lol:

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 May 2020, 11:16

Lord Rother wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

I've seen it reposted on Preludin and Facebook and no-one seemed to think it was true.

I know, most amusing! :lol:

Yes, hilarious. But are you going to back up your statement in any way? Facts? Observations? Anything?
Bugger off.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 25 May 2020, 12:52

Good Lord, no. What would be the point of that on here?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 25 May 2020, 14:58

To defend your position and argue your point. That’s *exactly* what we do here.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 25 May 2020, 15:51

Fair enough.

In all honesty, I’m not a part of the “we” you refer to.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 25 May 2020, 17:39

By being on here, you are part of "we"
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 25 May 2020, 20:55

It sure is. That's pretty much the point.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 25 May 2020, 22:50

Jimbly wrote:By being on here, you are part of "we"

Ok then, if clarification is required, I do not feel the need to defend a position and argue a point. I have better things to do with my time.

Time is precious. My children are all still at home, (but not for long) and I would rather spend it (or what they are prepared to give) with them than getting into pointless debate with people who have already expressed their views many times over and have demonstrated zero intention of even considering an alternative viewpoint. Look at the amount of it that has been spent arguing with Jimbo over his ridiculous Covid19 conspiracy theories... what has it achieved? Precisely nothing, except waste precious time and probably result in increased blood pressure frustration and, when the insults start pouring forth, a loss of dignity (in my opinion), for those repeatedly engaging with him.

I have done passionate tit for tat online debate on forums in the past but it doesn’t achieve anything positive at all and so these days I am quite content chucking in a quick comment and moving on, particularly when it doesn’t conform to the norm. If as a result someone wants to take the piss out of me on here, on Facebook, Preludin or whatever, it matters not a jot.

Life is better that way.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 25 May 2020, 23:20

tl:dr
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.