Friday Questions

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Friday Questions

Postby Minnie the Minx » 01 May 2020, 17:52

Say something really lovely about one of your exes.

The worst kitchen task is refilling a black pepper grinder with peppercorns, amirite?

Has lockdown "driven you back" to any old beloved computer games?

What are you up to?

What's worse- people who put their sunglasses on the back of their head in restaurants, or people who drive jeeps with no doors in areas that plainly don't require jeeps?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Re: Friday Questions

Postby Belle Lettre » 01 May 2020, 19:22

He used to sweep me off the ground when I met him off a train.

The worst kitchen task is refilling a black pepper grinder with peppercorns, amirite?
Oh God yes. And our worktop is black, so..
No - I never played them
What are you up to?
Listening to Aladdin Sane
What's worse- people who put their sunglasses on the back of their head in restaurants, or people who drive jeeps with no doors in areas that plainly don't require jeeps?
If they wear cut-off shorts as well, then the jeep drivers
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 May 2020, 19:30

Say something really lovely about one of your exes?

Now we are no longer married, I can remember why I wanted to marry my ex wife in the first place. Kind of.

No. It is cleaning the fucking oven, of course.

No

What are you up to?

Getting ready for bed - up at 330 in the morning

People who put the sunglasses on the back of their heads in jeeps.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 01 May 2020, 20:29

She was one of the kindest, honest people I've ever known.

Worse than peeling and chopping 12 onions? Than scrubbing the oven? Than taking the u-bend off & spilling foul smelling water down your sleeve? Than feeling obliged to make cakes for the second time around because they burnt first time around on a Thursday night at 10:00 because it's your turn on the Friday Cake Club and you were running on empty before you even started the first time... you're wrong.

Nope.

What are you up to?

Much closer to three score years and ten, so nearer the end than the beginning and very likely more than half way there. It is hard to tell.

The jeepsters, the poseurs maybe just look like total prats but haven't definitely proved it.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 01 May 2020, 20:50

he once walked 25 miles to get to me and babe attila after a hurricane hit.

i vote for scrubbin out heavy skillets after a cooking spree. (my hands have weight/pressure issyews.)

nope, but we *did* play pictionary last weekend, for the first time in twenty years. i still can't draw a fucquin tree to save my life.

What are you up to?

gettin ready for a synch listen. puttin on my yodel.

to be honest, i don't think i've ever seen anyone driving a jeep "live" in a place that would require a jeep.

i'll go with sunglasses on the back of the head... if they were facing me the whole time while i'm eating. ya know it's just a matter of time before i yell, "QUIT STARIN AT ME YOU RUDE FUCQUIN BASTARD!"

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 May 2020, 22:06

She was an amazing cook and I owe her my culinary life.

Cleaning the stove top after busy night in the kitchen might be worse but loading peppercorns is pretty bad.

Nope. I never really had any tbh.

What are you up to?

Enjoying the contented feeling of a full belly after a plate of potstickers.

I'm going with sunglasses guy.

Flower

Postby Flower » 02 May 2020, 01:29

A first class chef!

I agree with cleaning the oven. Thanks, sort of, for reminding me.

No old computer games to love.

What are you up to?
I'm up to no good.

I'm all for live and let live, unless the Jeepers are driving over people who have sunglasses on the backs of their heads while sitting in restaurants.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 02 May 2020, 02:37

ay something really lovely about one of your exes.
She was an amazing chef let alone the ideas of food to make.
not even close cleaning, everything
I tried to figure out how to hook up an old video game gave up and just found it on the ipad.
What are you up to?
Listening to my anything goes playlist currently playing Sparklehorse-It's a wonderful life Waiting for Bill Maher hopefully for a laugh
People who drive jeeps without doors exception for postmen. Is it okay to put sunglasses on the top of my head? otherwise I can't real the damn menu.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 May 2020, 16:56

B knew all of London's secret green places and we hung out in them for hours.

Yes, I'm right! That and washing graters.

I don't think I have the electronic capacity to play them with any of my current equipment - if I did, I would almost certainly dip back into the first ever Tomb Raiders, which were the greatest games ever.

What are you up to?

Regrettably, I'm nursing my second hangover of the weekend. I'm going to try and walk it off, then have a phone call with a pal, then dick about on my guitar this afternoon and write some songs.

JEEPS
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 May 2020, 03:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:
The worst kitchen task is refilling a black pepper grinder with peppercorns, amirite

Dear Minnie,
This is my technique.
Make a funnel or tube shape out of a post-it note or similar size piece of clean paper.
Insert it into the opened pepper mill.
Pour pepper corns into funneled paper and watch it fill the mill.
Hope this helps. :)

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 09 Jun 2020, 16:39

1. Say something really lovely about one of your exes.

Sometimes when it's misty or foggy in the mornings I, unbidden, think about my ex and remember the loveliness of the sight of her naked, her back to me, long hair down around her waist, her round bottom beckoning me like fresh fruit, her flawless creamy skin and the bumps on her spine as she stretched, arms raised, and looked out the window at the mist.

That was 18 years ago, but I remember everything about that moment, the childlike expression on her face when she turned to me, everything in her expression lit up like the tree on Christmas morning, as she said excitedly, "It's foggy! I love fog! Let's go get Irish coffee!" That was a really good day. I reluctantly got out of bed after unsuccessfully trying to get her back into it for one more round and we dressed and as I pulled on my doc martens and my echo and the bunnymen hoodie to go out into the fog with her, she sat on my knees and kissed me. We ended up back in bed. Eventually we did get up and get Irish coffees at the wharf but it was almost 2:00 by that point and the mist had burned off.

Ah...it's a great memory. I really miss her. She visited this past fall, heavily pregnant with her second child and she was no longer cherubic. She was tired from a long cross country flight navigated on her own with her toddler and in her 6th month of a difficult pregnancy. I hadn't seen her in 15 years. She was still cheerful but there was sadness in her face and around her eyes in particular. I gave her a long, deep, well appreciated foot rub and flirted with her while her child made me a pizza out of felt shapes I had cut for her to play with.

Of course I still love her. Back then, she was cheerful, kind, bubbly and thoughtful. She was always laughing and giggling. She was incredibly selfish in bed but I liked that about her. It was fun to please her. Everything seemed to make her happy. Until suddenly nothing did.

I liked seeing her happy, so when it seemed all I did was make her unhappy, I decided it was time for me to go. When I told her I thought we should break up she cried and told me she knew I was going to say that.

This fall, she told me that I broke her heart. I didn't mean to. I was actually just trying to keep her happiness intact. I thought I was the source of the unhappiness so I left. She says that she was going through cyclical depression, and when I dropped her so quickly after our first fight she never understood why but she felt really rejected and hurt.

Damn! It's important to talk! I was so certain it was something I'd done, I never thought to discuss it with her. I just decided I wasn't making her happy and it was time to go.

She said It seemed to her that the minute she wasn't cheerful, cuddly and sexy I dumped her. And of course that seems obvious now. Of course she would see it that way. I told her I was sorry, but I don't think it helped.

2. The worst kitchen task is refilling a black pepper grinder with peppercorns, amirite?

Not in my house. Here it's very very easy you just unscrew the top pour in the peppercorns screw the top back on. It takes a second. In my house the worst kitchen task (besides dishes which always sucks), is cleaning the fridge. This refrigerator collects a strange brown liquid at the bottom of it all the time. We don't know what causes it We don't know where it's leaking from but it ruins the produce and it just generally makes the whole thing a pain in the ass to deal with.

3. Has lockdown "driven you back" to any old beloved computer games?

I play a lot of PS4 games right now that are multiplayer It's my link to the outside universe. Mostly in multiplayer games I play Stardew Valley, Red Dead redemption 2, Fallout 76 wastelanders, Elder Scrolls Online, Don't starve together, Minecraft, Terraria, overcooked, and moving out.

4. What are you up to?
Nothing absolutely nothing. I'll probably get on Fallout 76 in a few minutes and walk around the wasteland scavenging tin cans for lead to make bullets and looking for rusty containers for copper so I can make some lamps for my camp.

5. What's worse - people who put their sunglasses on the back of their head in restaurants, or people who drive jeeps with no doors in areas that plainly don't require jeeps?

The sunglasses.
--m.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 10 Jun 2020, 00:00

martha wrote:1. Say something really lovely about one of your exes.

Sometimes when it's misty or foggy in the mornings I, unbidden, think about my ex and remember the loveliness of the sight of her naked, her back to me, long hair down around her waist, her round bottom beckoning me like fresh fruit, her flawless creamy skin and the bumps on her spine as she stretched, arms raised, and looked out the window at the mist.

That was 18 years ago, but I remember everything about that moment, the childlike expression on her face when she turned to me, everything in her expression lit up like the tree on Christmas morning, as she said excitedly, "It's foggy! I love fog! Let's go get Irish coffee!" That was a really good day. I reluctantly got out of bed after unsuccessfully trying to get her back into it for one more round and we dressed and as I pulled on my doc martens and my echo and the bunnymen hoodie to go out into the fog with her, she sat on my knees and kissed me. We ended up back in bed. Eventually we did get up and get Irish coffees at the wharf but it was almost 2:00 by that point and the mist had burned off.

Ah...it's a great memory. I really miss her. She visited this past fall, heavily pregnant with her second child and she was no longer cherubic. She was tired from a long cross country flight navigated on her own with her toddler and in her 6th month of a difficult pregnancy. I hadn't seen her in 15 years. She was still cheerful but there was sadness in her face and around her eyes in particular. I gave her a long, deep, well appreciated foot rub and flirted with her while her child made me a pizza out of felt shapes I had cut for her to play with.

Of course I still love her. Back then, she was cheerful, kind, bubbly and thoughtful. She was always laughing and giggling. She was incredibly selfish in bed but I liked that about her. It was fun to please her. Everything seemed to make her happy. Until suddenly nothing did.

I liked seeing her happy, so when it seemed all I did was make her unhappy, I decided it was time for me to go. When I told her I thought we should break up she cried and told me she knew I was going to say that.

This fall, she told me that I broke her heart. I didn't mean to. I was actually just trying to keep her happiness intact. I thought I was the source of the unhappiness so I left. She says that she was going through cyclical depression, and when I dropped her so quickly after our first fight she never understood why but she felt really rejected and hurt.

Damn! It's important to talk! I was so certain it was something I'd done, I never thought to discuss it with her. I just decided I wasn't making her happy and it was time to go.

She said It seemed to her that the minute she wasn't cheerful, cuddly and sexy I dumped her. And of course that seems obvious now. Of course she would see it that way. I told her I was sorry, but I don't think it helped.

this is a brilliant, beautiful and bittersweet description.

that's what it is.

just so you know.

allll my love.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 10 Jun 2020, 09:24

She was the loveliest, sweetest, kindest person I've ever known. She deserved far better than me and I hope she got it.

Not even close! In fact I quite enjoy it. Far more than washing up or pulling the rest of the meat off a half-eaten roast chicken.

No time. I'm still working from home. Also, the computer that has my old games installed is barely fit for purpose these days.

What are you up to?

Answering Friday questions (on a Wednesday!) instead of working. I should be designing digital activities to complement school text books.

The former are just tossers while the latter are clearly arseholes.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 10 Jun 2020, 09:31

martha wrote:
Sometimes when it's misty or foggy in the mornings I, unbidden, think about my ex and remember .......

That was lovely, Martha.
Bugger off.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 12 Jun 2020, 17:57

We just got each other. The chemistry between us was amazing. She made me laugh like nobody else. I miss her a lot.

Nah, it's emptying the dishwasher. Sometimes I'd rather just wash up.

I was never really that much into computer games, so no.

What are you up to?
Having a nosey on here for the first time in a few months. And drinking coffee.

Not many Jeeps with no doors in Teesside. People who wear sunglasses indoors should be electrocuted.
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 12 Jun 2020, 18:24

Hmmmm. She was very organized - totally my opposite. She had plans and stuff. Without her, we never would have got married,
bought a house, buy a car, finish university r find better jobs. A bit of a puritan (no drink, smoke of any kind...) which kind of kept me in check (but which sadly rebounded in my behaviour leading to our split up. A sad day.

I don't have a dishwasher, so, for me, it's got to be doing the dishes. Ask my cleaning lady. :oops:

Not really, no. The only games that I played in the old days were, well, basically xBox Golf and I haven't picked that up again yet,
though I might in the coming week as I will be on vacaion, looking to unhook.

I would say that like a few others, it brought me back on here.

What are you up to?
Working actually, waiting for a response on an e-mail and updating time sheets. Also, my soup is warming up, so, I'll be gorging soon.

I don't care for either, but have more trouble with the sunglasses in the back of the head guys. That's just ridiculous.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.