Friday Questions

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Friday Questions

Postby Minnie the Minx » 01 May 2020, 17:52

Say something really lovely about one of your exes.

The worst kitchen task is refilling a black pepper grinder with peppercorns, amirite?

Has lockdown "driven you back" to any old beloved computer games?

What are you up to?

What's worse- people who put their sunglasses on the back of their head in restaurants, or people who drive jeeps with no doors in areas that plainly don't require jeeps?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Re: Friday Questions

Postby Belle Lettre » 01 May 2020, 19:22

He used to sweep me off the ground when I met him off a train.

The worst kitchen task is refilling a black pepper grinder with peppercorns, amirite?
Oh God yes. And our worktop is black, so..
No - I never played them
What are you up to?
Listening to Aladdin Sane
What's worse- people who put their sunglasses on the back of their head in restaurants, or people who drive jeeps with no doors in areas that plainly don't require jeeps?
If they wear cut-off shorts as well, then the jeep drivers
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 May 2020, 19:30

Say something really lovely about one of your exes?

Now we are no longer married, I can remember why I wanted to marry my ex wife in the first place. Kind of.

No. It is cleaning the fucking oven, of course.

No

What are you up to?

Getting ready for bed - up at 330 in the morning

People who put the sunglasses on the back of their heads in jeeps.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 01 May 2020, 20:29

She was one of the kindest, honest people I've ever known.

Worse than peeling and chopping 12 onions? Than scrubbing the oven? Than taking the u-bend off & spilling foul smelling water down your sleeve? Than feeling obliged to make cakes for the second time around because they burnt first time around on a Thursday night at 10:00 because it's your turn on the Friday Cake Club and you were running on empty before you even started the first time... you're wrong.

Nope.

What are you up to?

Much closer to three score years and ten, so nearer the end than the beginning and very likely more than half way there. It is hard to tell.

The jeepsters, the poseurs maybe just look like total prats but haven't definitely proved it.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 01 May 2020, 20:50

he once walked 25 miles to get to me and babe attila after a hurricane hit.

i vote for scrubbin out heavy skillets after a cooking spree. (my hands have weight/pressure issyews.)

nope, but we *did* play pictionary last weekend, for the first time in twenty years. i still can't draw a fucquin tree to save my life.

What are you up to?

gettin ready for a synch listen. puttin on my yodel.

to be honest, i don't think i've ever seen anyone driving a jeep "live" in a place that would require a jeep.

i'll go with sunglasses on the back of the head... if they were facing me the whole time while i'm eating. ya know it's just a matter of time before i yell, "QUIT STARIN AT ME YOU RUDE FUCQUIN BASTARD!"

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 May 2020, 22:06

She was an amazing cook and I owe her my culinary life.

Cleaning the stove top after busy night in the kitchen might be worse but loading peppercorns is pretty bad.

Nope. I never really had any tbh.

What are you up to?

Enjoying the contented feeling of a full belly after a plate of potstickers.

I'm going with sunglasses guy.

Flower

Postby Flower » 02 May 2020, 01:29

A first class chef!

I agree with cleaning the oven. Thanks, sort of, for reminding me.

No old computer games to love.

What are you up to?
I'm up to no good.

I'm all for live and let live, unless the Jeepers are driving over people who have sunglasses on the backs of their heads while sitting in restaurants.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 02 May 2020, 02:37

ay something really lovely about one of your exes.
She was an amazing chef let alone the ideas of food to make.
not even close cleaning, everything
I tried to figure out how to hook up an old video game gave up and just found it on the ipad.
What are you up to?
Listening to my anything goes playlist currently playing Sparklehorse-It's a wonderful life Waiting for Bill Maher hopefully for a laugh
People who drive jeeps without doors exception for postmen. Is it okay to put sunglasses on the top of my head? otherwise I can't real the damn menu.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 May 2020, 16:56

B knew all of London's secret green places and we hung out in them for hours.

Yes, I'm right! That and washing graters.

I don't think I have the electronic capacity to play them with any of my current equipment - if I did, I would almost certainly dip back into the first ever Tomb Raiders, which were the greatest games ever.

What are you up to?

Regrettably, I'm nursing my second hangover of the weekend. I'm going to try and walk it off, then have a phone call with a pal, then dick about on my guitar this afternoon and write some songs.

JEEPS
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 May 2020, 03:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:
The worst kitchen task is refilling a black pepper grinder with peppercorns, amirite

Dear Minnie,
This is my technique.
Make a funnel or tube shape out of a post-it note or similar size piece of clean paper.
Insert it into the opened pepper mill.
Pour pepper corns into funneled paper and watch it fill the mill.
Hope this helps. :)