Hi folks

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15975
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Hi folks

Postby Belle Lettre » 30 Apr 2020, 11:00

Hi Norm x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 25337
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: Hi folks

Postby souphound » 30 Apr 2020, 14:28

If anyone is curious, here is why I was gone so long:

I don't have the net at home other than my iPhone. I therefore only log in at work. Some time ago (2 years?), we went from team of 5 to a team of 2.5. Same output expected of course. So, very very busy. Qualified Replacements are really difficult to find.

There you have it in a nutshell.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57820
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Hi folks

Postby C » 30 Apr 2020, 14:49

souphound wrote:Qualified Replacements are really difficult to find.


In what lad...?

Gis a a job









.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 25337
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: Hi folks

Postby souphound » 30 Apr 2020, 15:24

[quote="C"][quote="souphound"]Qualified Replacements are really difficult to find

In what lad...?

Gis a a job


Very very specialized insurance. Our products and services for our category of clients are not really provided by anyone else worldwide.
Also, since our work is 99.9% in English, that cuts down the available body of possibilities, many people here do not master English sufficiently here in this bilingual city. I think I've used my native French, in 30 years, perhaps 5 or 6 times and always for minor tasks (translating memos...

That's about all I can say due confidentiality concerns.

My boss, me and the other half-dedicated team member each have been there for 30 years now.

Sorry for messing up the formatting. I'm rusty.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37905
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Hi folks

Postby kath » 01 May 2020, 20:53

hiiya, souphound! ::smack::

(formatting properly is soooo overrated.)

User avatar
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 44048
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Hi folks

Postby Dr. Baron » 02 May 2020, 13:40

souphound wrote:If anyone is curious, here is why I was gone so long:

I don't have the net at home other than my iPhone. I therefore only log in at work. Some time ago (2 years?), we went from team of 5 to a team of 2.5. Same output expected of course. So, very very busy. Qualified Replacements are really difficult to find.

There you have it in a nutshell.


That’s a drag, man!

About a year ago, I was promoted to a quasi-managerial role where I’m expected to maintain the same raw work output while also handling other supervisory/decision making/communication duties. And for no extra money! I was happy to take it on and it will pay dividends in the long run. But I was a little blindsided by how much extra work it is. My predecessor (who remains a friend) simply didn’t put as much work as I do into the core functions of the job so he made it look much easier than it should be.

So I’m still here, of course, but I post a lot less.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 25337
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: Hi folks

Postby souphound » 02 May 2020, 17:02

Dr. Baron wrote:
souphound wrote:If anyone is curious, here is why I was gone so long:

I don't have the net at home other than my iPhone. I therefore only log in at work. Some time ago (2 years?), we went from team of 5 to a team of 2.5. Same output expected of course. So, very very busy. Qualified Replacements are really difficult to find.

There you have it in a nutshell.


That’s a drag, man!

About a year ago, I was promoted to a quasi-managerial role where I’m expected to maintain the same raw work output while also handling other supervisory/decision making/communication duties. And for no extra money! I was happy to take it on and it will pay dividends in the long run. But I was a little blindsided by how much extra work it is. My predecessor (who remains a friend) simply didn’t put as much work as I do into the core functions of the job so he made it look much easier than it should be.

So I’m still here, of course, but I post a lot less.


Wish you were here. We need someone of your "gabarit" but I believe, needs to be local (for what reason? I don't know, ask my boss!) :( .
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57820
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Hi folks

Postby C » 02 May 2020, 17:07

C wrote: 'zed'


My youngest is called Zed - he's just emerged from his room foraging for food.






.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 25337
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: Hi folks

Postby souphound » 02 May 2020, 18:05

C wrote:
C wrote: 'zed'


My youngest is called Zed - he's just emerged from his room foraging for food.


.


Hope you're following the letter of the law and not feeding Zed Alphagetti.

:oops: :lol: :oops:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez
Posts: 37626
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 20:02
Location: The Good, the Bad, both ugly
Contact:

Re: Hi folks

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 03 May 2020, 11:37

Norm's finally back!


A couple of months ago I was in London with Geoff and we talked about you. Nothing bad of course.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod


Image

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 25337
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: Hi folks

Postby souphound » 03 May 2020, 18:50

Geoff was in London? What a tramp.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.