Put Jimbo on ignore

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13808
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Sneelock » 29 Apr 2020, 18:18

Hi Beebsy!!!
Inka Dinka Doo

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2439
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Rorschach » 29 Apr 2020, 19:23

C wrote:
Rorschach wrote:I think this is my most popular thread in years.


"It'll never make 80 pages...".


1/20th of the way there...
Bugger off.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8307
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Flower » 29 Apr 2020, 20:20

Has Rorschach been posting lately?

;)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23990
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 30 Apr 2020, 08:05

I put him on ignore more than a year ago.

Not so much because he bugged me. I kind of enjoyed deconstructing his insanity. But it just felt like I was helping him dominate every conversation here.

Sadly - he still does. He will until we all ignore him.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Image

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2439
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Rorschach » 30 Apr 2020, 08:20

Flower wrote:Has Rorschach been posting lately?

;)


:x
Bugger off.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2439
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Rorschach » 30 Apr 2020, 08:21

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:I put him on ignore more than a year ago.

Not so much because he bugged me. I kind of enjoyed deconstructing his insanity. But it just felt like I was helping him dominate every conversation here.

Sadly - he still does. He will until we all ignore him.



The voice of reason!

(Bet you never thought you'd hear me say that.)
Bugger off.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9854
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby LMG » 30 Apr 2020, 08:43

Rorschach wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:I put him on ignore more than a year ago.

Not so much because he bugged me. I kind of enjoyed deconstructing his insanity. But it just felt like I was helping him dominate every conversation here.

Sadly - he still does. He will until we all ignore him.



The voice of reason!

(Bet you never thought you'd hear me say that.)


If we follow the underlying theme of your advice, none of us will! :lol:
"Only the TRUE members of the Prog Illuminati are confused about whether they are members of the Prog Illuminati!"

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2439
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Rorschach » 30 Apr 2020, 10:03

:x
Bugger off.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57820
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby C » 30 Apr 2020, 12:27

Can someone explain the logic of 'ignore?

Surely I can do that without pressing a button....?

There are umpteen people whose posts I never read, not because I have any grievance or anything against them, but it's that I know the content of what they will expound is not something I would be interested in.

Life is too short.

Take music for instance and a thread on say Sham 69 - I don't engage in remarks like 'this is shit' like many do. The music is just not my cup of Darjeeling so I ignore said thread.

I have been around these parts [Mojo and BCB] for almost 19 years and there are folk who have done similar time who I have rarely if not never engaged.

That's not a problem for me and I know it's not for them.

Jimbo - fine.

Live and let live
(Incidentally, I understand that over at the other place reference was made to me [and perhaps other prog goons] not being willing to live and let live when Prog Corner was being threatened...??!!)

Can somebody remind me when that was - threatened? They're having a laff!

When the fun stops. Stop

ooof!






.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2439
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Rorschach » 30 Apr 2020, 14:54

C wrote:Can someone explain the logic of 'ignore?


I've never put anyone on ignore before.

However, I found a horrified fascination in Jimbo's posts that made it hard for me to simple ignore them when I saw them. Plus he was posting massively in threads I was interested in and it was no fun having to wade through his crap. I don't remember you posting much on those threads so maybe you just didn't notice or it wasn't significant to you.

Anyway, I found that when I put him on ignore it was easier to read those threads: not so much to wade through, and no temptation to read and tear my hair out.

Trouble is, other people (as is their right!) respond to him and the threads get bogged down in refuting inanities.

I suggested everyone ignoring him so that that wouldn't happen.

That is/was the logic.

My suggestion has been roundly rejected.
Bugger off.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57820
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby C » 30 Apr 2020, 15:00

Rorschach wrote:I found a horrified fascination in Jimbo's posts that made it hard for me to simple ignore them when I saw them.


Soft-lad.

Have some bloody willpower!





.
Last edited by C on 30 Apr 2020, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2439
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Rorschach » 30 Apr 2020, 15:11

C wrote:
Rorschach wrote:I found a horrified fascination in Jimbo's posts that made it hard for me to simple ignore them when I saw them.


Soft-lad.

Has some bloody willpower!


Might as well say, 'Have three legs.' I am what I am.
Bugger off.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57820
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby C » 30 Apr 2020, 15:20

Rorschach wrote:
C wrote:
Rorschach wrote:I found a horrified fascination in Jimbo's posts that made it hard for me to simple ignore them when I saw them.


Soft-lad.

Has some bloody willpower!


Might as well say, 'Have three legs.' I am what I am.


:lol:

Sorry - that should be 'have' and not 'has'.

English is not my first language







.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57820
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby C » 03 May 2020, 15:43

Good idea Tym

I see it's working.....

Soft-lad :roll:








.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.