Put Jimbo on ignore

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rorschach

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Rorschach » 26 Apr 2020, 12:35

LMG wrote:Now, I realise we will need to await the full, expert structural survey of the foundations of the BCB edifice in the face of this onslaught of vituperation and bile before feeling fully safe, but from preliminary data I will go out on a distant limb and state that really I think we are OK here.

Could it be that the thread title here might be changed to 'I Don't Like Jimbo - He Smells of Wee And Poo, And YOU Should Not Like Him Either, Because, As I Have Just Said He Smells Of Poo (And Wee, Also)'

Just a suggestion... :D

Oh no! Sarcasm. Run away!

You've already edited your post 6 times, Chris. You really do take your craft seriously, don't you.
Bugger off.

C
Robust

Postby C » 26 Apr 2020, 12:36

The Modernist wrote:Well carry on then, but you'll be destroying NDL in the process.

I think G that the nasties from the other place (and if the cap fits) have done their best to destroy not only NDL but the whole board.

I understand that the New BCB gossip thread is now 19 pages long and that some ex-BCBers commented on it within the last hour or so. Nice

Stoking fires.....?

ooof!

When the fun stops. Stop

I am off back to Reap Corner

Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 26 Apr 2020, 12:36

I think this is my most popular thread in years.
Bugger off.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 26 Apr 2020, 12:40

The Modernist wrote:Well carry on then, but you'll be destroying NDL in the process.

Jimmy's pollen producing acolyte who has commandeered his clutch of pathetic, child-like threads will surely be driven to garment rending.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 26 Apr 2020, 12:41

Rorschach wrote:
LMG wrote:Now, I realise we will need to await the full, expert structural survey of the foundations of the BCB edifice in the face of this onslaught of vituperation and bile before feeling fully safe, but from preliminary data I will go out on a distant limb and state that really I think we are OK here.

Could it be that the thread title here might be changed to 'I Don't Like Jimbo - He Smells of Wee And Poo, And YOU Should Not Like Him Either, Because, As I Have Just Said He Smells Of Poo (And Wee, Also)'

You've already edited your post 6 times, Chris. You really do take your craft seriously, don't you.

Quality takes time. Also, I have a couple of sticky, faulty keys on my aged laltol comluter and I go back to correct the results when I can ne nothered.

Do you want to explain this more, seeing as how this is your (most popular) thread?
"Only the TRUE members of the Prog Illuminati are confused about whether they are members of the Prog Illuminati!"

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 26 Apr 2020, 12:45

Nothing wrong with Jimbo.

He's just a poor lonely 'merican trapped in Japan where he can't smoke pot.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Flower

Postby Flower » 26 Apr 2020, 12:45

GoogaMooga wrote:Just post away regardless of his presence. That way you get a more active and balanced NDL.

:D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 26 Apr 2020, 12:47

Rorschach wrote:

You can stand where you are everybody, everyone is safe.

BCB is not falling, whatever Chicken Little says...
"Only the TRUE members of the Prog Illuminati are confused about whether they are members of the Prog Illuminati!"

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 26 Apr 2020, 12:54

LMG wrote:
You can stand where you are everybody, everyone is safe.

BCB is not falling, whatever Chicken Little says...

Oh no! Literary/folk tale/beast fable allusions!

Run even further away!
Last edited by Rorschach on 26 Apr 2020, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 26 Apr 2020, 12:59

LMG wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

Quality takes time. Also, I have a couple of sticky, faulty keys on my aged laltol comluter and I go back to correct the results when I can ne nothered.

It probably sounded like I was having a dig but that wasn't actually my intention. Just an observation. It's something I sometimes do; changing words, deleting bits, etc, to make sure I have the 'tone' right. Not saying I succeed...

LMG wrote:

Do you want to explain this more, seeing as how this is your (most popular) thread?

You do realise I didn't say that, don't you? There's a clue in the name at the top of the quote. But I commented on it and explained what I thought of that idea if you really want to know.
Bugger off.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 26 Apr 2020, 13:16

Rorschach wrote:
LMG wrote:

You do realise I didn't say that, don't you? There's a clue in the name at the top of the quote. But I commented on it and explained what I thought of that idea if you really want to know.

Yes, I am aware of that. For I can respond to posts, actually read the author's name, be witheringly sarcastic, and edit my own posts in rapid succession, sometimes all at the same time (like now) :D .

I certainly saw that you wrote this:

Rorschach wrote:

Obviously I agree with this but I guess another way of looking at it is that it's restructuring, rather than destroying.

From the responses here, it's clear that the people who remain are happy enough with things as they are. I think the reasons people have given are perfectly reasonable, especially Toomanyhatz', 'reacting to the challenge' argument. I've even done that myself but, for me, it's become relentless and pointless. I want to be able to post here every day and not have to wade through Jimboworld every time.

A lot of people feel the same and it's one of the reasons they've left. That's fine. They have Preludin so they can have the discussions on their terms rather than Jimbo's. Other people like it like this and they have Nextdoorland. Everyone should be happy really.

So, we're in a minority here, G. This is what the people want and if it's not for the likes of us that's just tough.

All that says to amplify G's comment is concur: 'I want to be able to post here every day and not have to wade through Jimboworld every time.'

I made the point that Jimbo's minimal contribution to NDL outside his own self-isolating Coronavirus thread hardly constitutes destroying NDL or turning it into Jimboworld.

I was wondering if you could explain how he does, in your view.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 26 Apr 2020, 13:42

LMG wrote:

Could you explain what this means a bit more?

I am genuinely interested in how someone can do damage to a message board, particularly this one, simply by participating in discussion.

I only encounter Jimbo in the 'Critically Thinking About The Corona Virus' thread. In my view, there he does not engage in critical debate, and it is very frustrating indeed. The underlying point to mention is he started the thread - and appears to be self-isolating his rather unfortunate, risible views and opinions to that discussion. So I suppose, maybe, perhaps don't click on threads started by Jimbo?

Not advice I will be taking for reasons I will explain elsewhere.

As far as the Jimbo-besieged Nexdoorland, I did a search under his name there, and going back a week, outside his own self-isolating thread, we can see that Jimbo posts a bit about attribution of a commencement address to Kurt Vonnegut (possibly mistaken attribution), a dream he has had (he has recurring dreams about an old stranger's face in the window, I believe), and this:

What did you have for breakfast?:

Jimbo wrote:Three egg and cheddar cheese Pam fried omelet. Coffee.

Jimbo wrote:A can of sardines. A hard boiled egg. A handful of these green-curry-flavored canned potato chips I found at the market. Coffee.

Now, I realise we will need to await the full, expert structural survey of the foundations of the BCB edifice in the face of this onslaught of vituperation and bile before feeling fully safe, but from preliminary data I will go out on a distant limb and state that really I think we are OK here.

He's dominated the international politics posts on here for years Chris ( not so much the UK politics as he's fairly disinterested in that,as you might expect from someone living in Japan who isn't British). This domination hasn't happened so much through frequency of posting( although the idea that he confines himself to one or two threads is not true either) as through his undoubted talent for posting things to get a reaction. I've long had enough of it and so when Tim posted his suggestion I thought "thank fuck someone has said it" and wanted to chime in with my support. My prediction that he will destroy NDL was a trifle melodramatic, more accurate would be "he's destroyed it for me" (and probably one or two others).

The majority, though, feel differently and I have to respect that.

Flower

Postby Flower » 26 Apr 2020, 14:01

Rorschach wrote: For fucks sake, he's even got a thread dedicated to telling people to ignore him. What twat thought that was a good idea?

:?:

:lol:

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 26 Apr 2020, 14:11

LMG wrote:
All that says to amplify G's comment is concur: 'I want to be able to post here every day and not have to wade through Jimboworld every time.'

I made the point that Jimbo's minimal contribution to NDL outside his own self-isolating Coronavirus thread hardly constitutes destroying NDL or turning it into Jimboworld.

I was wondering if you could explain how he does, in your view.

Well, as an evil policeman in Line of Duty once said, "'There are facts, and then there is the truth!"

I assume your research is factual and Jimbo is nowhere near as prolific as he seems but the impression I often have (i.e. 'the TRUTH') is that everywhere I want to discuss something, either he's there talking Jimboness or someone else is railing at him.

I trust you know me well enough to know I'm not being serious about the facts/truth dichotomy but I know I'm not the only person who finds Jimbo's posting and its aftermath suffocating. Data may not back up this impression but the feeling is real.

I come here to post and find Jimboness raging all around and I don't feel like posting any more. He ruins Nextdoorland for me.
Bugger off.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 26 Apr 2020, 14:16

The Modernist wrote:
He's dominated the international politics posts on here for years Chris

I did not see that, not having been here much,

Rather than resort to research on past NDL discussion, I will just post a couple of threads and see what happens.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 26 Apr 2020, 18:08

GoogaMooga wrote:Just post away regardless of his presence. That way you get a more active and balanced NDL.

That's what I said at the start before everyone started talking about him. :? :D

Don't like it, start a different conversation.
Bleep wrote:I agree with Beebsy

Copehead wrote:Small but beautifully formed Irish contingent

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 26 Apr 2020, 18:09

Honestly, I don't know how this place has eaten itself yet.
Bleep wrote:I agree with Beebsy

Copehead wrote:Small but beautifully formed Irish contingent

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 26 Apr 2020, 18:56

Beebsy wrote:

That's what I said at the start before everyone started talking about him. :? :D

Don't like it, start a different conversation.

Yes, but that's just talking sense. Where's the fun in that!!??
Bugger off.

Flower

Postby Flower » 28 Apr 2020, 12:12

Deebank wrote:

It has survived much worse.

Like the Word Association Thread? I recall threads about that too. Coan even prohibits one on Preludin, yet BCB still lives on. :lol:

C
Robust

Postby C » 28 Apr 2020, 13:33

Rorschach wrote:I think this is my most popular thread in years.

"It'll never make 80 pages..."

Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.