Put Jimbo on ignore

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rorschach

Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Rorschach » 25 Apr 2020, 11:38

Jimbo ruins everything in Nexdoorland with his endless nonsense. It seems impossible to discuss anything remotely interesting without him puking gibberish all over it. I have him on ignore, which is some help, but other people keep arguing with him (as, of course, they have every right to do) and so the threads rarely manage to get interesting; everyone's just shouting at Jimbo all the time.

Let's face it, he's never going to say anything of genuine interest to anyone with any critical intelligence, and he will never believe anything we or anyone else say that doesn't conform to his pre-held, barmpot position. He can't agree with a view held by any non-crazy person because that would make him not special; he'd just be part of the flock of sheeple; and that he could not abide.

So, listening to him or talking to him are a waste of time (unless you are enjoying the argument) and, I would say, very damaging to these boards.Just putting him on ignore individually is no more effective than being the only one to self-isolate. You may be free from coronajimbo but he still rages around you, making the outside world unsafe and never going away unless everyone else does it.

But theres a vaccine: put Jimbo on ignore.
Don't be an anti-vaxxer.

Then we can get back to fighting among ourselves...
Last edited by Rorschach on 25 Apr 2020, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Bugger off.

Positive Passion

Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Postby Positive Passion » 25 Apr 2020, 11:53

I virtually never read his posts - is that sufficient for the greater good, or do I have to get vaccinated?

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 Apr 2020, 12:00

Positive Passion wrote:I virtually never read his posts - is that sufficient for the greater good, or do I have to get vaccinated?

It's that word 'virtually' that lets you down, Mr Passion.

I recommend the jab to remove the last lingering traces of the disease, but you do seem healthy enough.
Bugger off.

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Apr 2020, 12:08

Positive Passion wrote:I virtually never read his posts - is that sufficient for the greater good, or do I have to get vaccinated?

:lol:

There are three or four people on BCB who I don't read one word of their posts, Thus, my posting world is a happier place. By all means, ignore Jimbo or place him on ignore if he's upsetting you to this degree.

I just scan most debates and really don't read them. Nor do I take them seriously but my husband does on other forums where he posts. The rise in his blood pressure isn't worth it. Do what's best for you.

So by all means, ignore Jimbo and whomever else that upsets you. It's easy and works for me. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 25 Apr 2020, 12:17

Rorschach wrote:

It's that word 'virtually' that lets you down, Mr Passion.

I recommend the jab to remove the last lingering traces of the disease, but you do seem healthy enough.

And I thought long and hard about adding that word! I can't say I NEVER read his posts - I expect I have read one or two - but I certainly pay no attention to them and certainly normally don't read them.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 Apr 2020, 12:24

Positive Passion wrote:
And I thought long and hard about adding that word! I can't say I NEVER read his posts - I expect I have read one or two - but I certainly pay no attention to them and certainly normally don't read them.

Ha ha! And I can't truly say I never read them. Occasionally, I look at BCB without logging in first and there they are. They have a sort of car-crash, horrid fascination for me so I need to put him on ignore to avoid the temptation.
Bugger off.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 25 Apr 2020, 12:30

Yoo hoo!
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 25 Apr 2020, 14:13

I'm not sure everything is ruined. It's quite fascinating that someone can be so passionately wrong and never veer from believing that we are being lied to constantly about everything.
Apart from anything else, it's brought the phrase 'clockwork cunt' to BCB

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Apr 2020, 14:30

:)

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 Apr 2020, 14:39

The Prof wrote:I'm not sure everything is ruined.

Obviously opinions will differ. It's ruined for me. I find it too frustrating and I'm losing the will to post in this section.

The Prof wrote:It's quite fascinating that someone can be so passionately wrong and never veer from believing that we are being lied to constantly about everything.

I agree but it's like the only thing that happens here. I do find that mindset appallingly fascinating but there are other things I'd like to talk about. However, I feel like it's impossible to get a serious discussion going here because it all ends up centred on Jimbo's madness.
The man is an utterly selfish egomaniac who cares not a wit for anyone else, so long as he can be in the limelight. And he's totally getting his way. All serious discussion ends up being all about him. For fucks sake, he's even got a thread dedicated to telling people to ignore him. What twat thought that was a good idea?
I just made my monthly trip to Preludin to look at their 'Let's slag off BCB' thread, and that's currently all about Jimbo.
I find it exasperating.

The Prof wrote:Apart from anything else, it's brought the phrase 'clockwork cunt' to BCB

I hadn't actually heard that before and I have to admit that the English language is far richer for having this phrase in it. Take that!, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese etc.
Bugger off.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Apr 2020, 15:04

There is still the "Corona State of Mind" thread to post on, Rorschach.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 25 Apr 2020, 15:22

Start a thread about anything you like and we'll join in but I think to keep the board alive, we do have to join it. Not compulsory but "use it or lose it".

One person is flooding the board so flood back. As they used to say on posters here to make us behave ourselves, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
Bleep wrote:I agree with Beebsy

Copehead wrote:Small but beautifully formed Irish contingent

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 25 Apr 2020, 15:41

Rorschach wrote:I find it too frustrating and I'm losing the will to post in this section.

That's a shame.

I'm sure Jimbo will read this and reflect upon his insane ramblings and try to reign in some of the more stupid theories he posts about.

Meanwhile ......9/11?
Do you think it *actually* happened?

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 Apr 2020, 15:46

Samoan wrote:There is still the "Corona State of Mind" thread to post on, Rorschach.

Has Jimbo not managed to pollute that one yet? I'll give it a look.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 Apr 2020, 15:49

Beebsy wrote:Start a thread about anything you like and we'll join in but I think to keep the board alive, we do have to join it. Not compulsory but "use it or lose it".

One person is flooding the board so flood back. As they used to say on posters here to make us behave ourselves, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

I agree but, at least until recently, there haven't been enough people to 'flood back'. I did start a few not long ago and they just drifted away, at least partly because people want to talk about Corona virus and Donald Trump and that's where Jimbo does most of his flooding.

However, I'll give new topics a whirl, if I can think of one, and we'll see how it goes.
Bugger off.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Apr 2020, 15:51

Rorschach wrote:
Samoan wrote:There is still the "Corona State of Mind" thread to post on, Rorschach.

He tried to crap on that from the get-go till I cordially slapped him down and re-posted the OP.

There's some important posts on there like Minnie's very recent one.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 Apr 2020, 15:53

The Prof wrote:
Rorschach wrote:I find it too frustrating and I'm losing the will to post in this section.

That's a shame.

I'm sure Jimbo will read this and reflect upon his insane ramblings and try to reign in some of the more stupid theories he posts about.

And the sun will come out, corona virus will disappear, the patriarchy and inequality will end and love will reign o'er all.

The Prof wrote:Meanwhile ......9/11?

Don't tell me Jimbo caused that as well!
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 25 Apr 2020, 15:54

Samoan wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

He tried to crap on that from the get-go till I cordially slapped him down and re-posted the OP.

There's some important posts on there like Minnie's very recent one.

OK. I'll take a look in a bit. Cheers.
Bugger off.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 25 Apr 2020, 17:54

The Prof wrote:

Meanwhile ......9/11?

Not in 1752

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 25 Apr 2020, 18:44

Rorschach wrote:
The Prof wrote:Meanwhile ......9/11?

Don't tell me Jimbo caused that as well!

If I remember correctly it was a gold heist.

Thieves were stealing gold from the vaults under the twin towers and they brought the planes in just to divert attention.