R.I.P. Peter Beard

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

R.I.P. Peter Beard

Postby Flower » 20 Apr 2020, 13:37

A great photographer ... R.I.P.

https://people.com/human-interest/peter ... d-missing/

Famed Photographer Peter Beard Dead at 82: 'He Died Where He Lived: In Nature,' His Family Says

Peter Beard's photography of African animals and wildlife has been exhibited all over the world

Photographer Peter Beard, world-renown for his beautiful and intimate images of Africa and African wildlife, was found dead at age 82 after he went missing from his Montauk, New York, home on April 1.

On Sunday, nearly three weeks after his disappearance, his family confirmed Beard’s death in a statement shared on social media. “We are all heartbroken by the confirmation of our beloved Peter’s death. We want to express our deep gratitude to the East Hampton police and all who aided them in their search, and also to thank the many friends of Peter and our family who have sent messages of love and support during these dark days,” the statement read.

“Peter was an extraordinary man who led an exceptional life. He lived life to the fullest; he squeezed every drop out of every day. He was relentless in his passion for nature, unvarnished and unsentimental but utterly authentic always. He was an intrepid explorer, unfailingly generous, charismatic, and discerning,” the statement continued.

“Peter defined what it means to be open: open to new ideas, new encounters, new people, new ways of living and being. Always insatiably curious, he pursued his passions without restraints and perceived reality through a unique lens. Anyone who spent time in his company was swept up by his enthusiasm and his energy. He was a pioneering contemporary artist who was decades ahead of his time in his efforts to sound the alarm about environmental damage. His visual acuity and elemental understanding of the natural environment was fostered by his long stays in the bush and the ‘wild-deer-ness’ he loved and defended. He died where he lived: in nature. We will miss him every day,” the statement concluded.

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo

Re: R.I.P. Peter Beard

Postby Jimbo » 21 Apr 2020, 03:19

Flower wrote:Image

His last words were, "Yoo hoo!"
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Apr 2020, 13:31

Aw!!! Flower, isn’t Jimbo a wuvverly fella?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Apr 2020, 14:24

Minnie the Minx wrote:Aw!!! Flower, isn’t Jimbo a wuvverly fella?

Lemme put on my Norm MacDonald hat and explain the joke to you, Minnie. The guy is taking a picture of a pride of lions. Lions, see? And all the lions are looking right at the guy like he just interrupted them from eating their carrion dinner by saying "Yoo hoo." Or, he might have just shouted "Hey" or "Look at the birdie!" or whistled a really shrill whistle or done something else to make them all look up and directly at the camera. And he clearly isn't standing too far from this pride of un-caged lions. And here Flower is telling us that the guy is dead. My joke is he is dead because the next thing to happen after he said yoo hoo or whatever to the pride of lions is he got eaten by the pride of lions. Because they're lions, see. And the guy is dead.

Explaining a joke always ruins it but it looked like you needed some help.

Flower

Postby Flower » 21 Apr 2020, 14:34

A note to the wise ,,, always consider the source.

https://www.vogue.co.uk/news/article/re ... eter-beard

Remembering Fashion & Wildlife Photographer Peter Beard

The famed photojournalist and artist had peers in Andy Warhol and Salvador Dalí, and is credited with ‘discovering’ supermodel Iman. Beard was known for his work that documented the changing scenery of both Africa’s wildlife and the world of fashion.

The Vogue article is a nice tribute to an amazing person. R.i.P. Peter ... :(
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 21 Apr 2020, 15:21

Jimbo wrote:
Looked like you needed some help.

Says the man who's in serious need of psychiatric help himself.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 22 Apr 2020, 02:31

Sam Stone wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Good old Soviet-style trolling here. Person speaks up throw him in the loony bin.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 22 Apr 2020, 02:45

That's Flower great write up. RIP Peter.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 22 Apr 2020, 02:58

Apologies Flower for hijacking your thread. I never heard of the guy but if you are sad at his passing so am I ... now.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 22 Apr 2020, 09:44

Jimbo wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Good old Soviet-style trolling here. Person speaks up throw him in the loony bin.

Trying to draw attention to yourself by making a lame joke about the death of a talented person someone else on the board cared enough about to post an RIP hardly constitutes "speaking out" you tinfoil-hatted twat.