Anyone else got a PM from Coan inviting them to join Preludin this morning?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: Anyone else got a PM from Coan inviting them to join Preludin this morning?

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Nov 2020, 06:38

I somehow don't think it's right to complain about the existing threads if one doesn't start any oneself. I find this whole thread miserable and dispiriting.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 13 Nov 2020, 09:02

GoogaMooga wrote:I somehow don't think it's right to complain about the existing threads if one doesn't start any oneself. I find this whole thread miserable and dispiriting.

Having seen the original thread I wrote in response to an April Fool's Day PM deservedly drop down to BCB's nether reaches, I find it miserable and dispiriting that anyone might feel the need to bump it back up onto page one

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 13 Nov 2020, 09:53

hippopotamus wrote:I post mostly on Preludin (but not too often). Some of my favourite people/posters from BCB are women and I do secretly wish they would all post there too.

I don't think I matter much in the grand scheme or small scheming of these things so I don't know what this is worth...

But I had more or less given up even checking/reading BCB because I found it either boring or offensive. Initially I didn't care for Preludin either, but now I find enough people and posts there that keep me entertained so there I am. There was a time I went to check BCB and just found some vile things, and one particularly misogynistic thread that completely put me off, so I stopped visiting here for a while.

Just recently I checked in here because of Kath's awesome political posts (I was DESPERATE for anything I could get on the election) and I wished again I could just go to one place for all the good stuff. But I don't dare hope that the good times will continue roulez-ing here, as irksome threads will come back and I don't see myself posting here much anymore, though I don't have anything against this place.

hippopotamus mimsy! good to see you. i hope all fares well with you and yers.

thanks for the compliment. i am currently freaking out in equal measure about politics and the pandemic. i alternate. when one subject pisses me off enough, i switch to the other. it's great for my blood pressure. to deal with that, i resort to very healthy lifestyle choices, like bourbon, sugary baked foodstuffs and crankin the headphones. but i really am fine and dandy. my grown male spawn does all the real work in this house. i... supervise.

::smack::

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Nov 2020, 13:12

Coan had a problem (BCB) .. and he found a solution ... (Preludin).

As for gossip .. General Hospital fills all my needs.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 13 Nov 2020, 15:22

Flower wrote:Coan had a problem (BCB) .. and he found a solution ... (Preludin).

Coan did find a solution, but then he couldn’t keep away from the problem.

It’s almost as if he has addiction issues.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 Nov 2020, 17:41

Sam Stone wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:I somehow don't think it's right to complain about the existing threads if one doesn't start any oneself. I find this whole thread miserable and dispiriting.

Having seen the original thread I wrote in response to an April Fool's Day PM deservedly drop down to BCB's nether reaches, I find it miserable and dispiriting that anyone might feel the need to bump it back up onto page one

I agree completely.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 14 Nov 2020, 12:14

toomanyhatz wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

I agree completely.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Finally, some real competition in the race to the bottom!

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 14 Nov 2020, 16:03

About two weeks ago an esteemed member of BCB (you know who you are, dear friend) alerted me that coan was taking the piss with one of my posts.

So I took a peek there. Lo and behold: they even have a BCB gossip thread!

What pains me most is I see people like SloopJohn, Jeff K, Sneelock, Fange there. People I respected on BCB.

Now I know BCB isn't what it was 10 years ago anymore. But to post there...?
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 14 Nov 2020, 17:21

I post in both after a long hiatus of not posting anywhere. What is this cry of treachery from so many of you. The BCB of yore went a long , long time ago. Many of you are seemingly unaware of the steady drip like myself who tired of the egos and personal spats. Are you really so blind to all of this?
Apparently , If you tired of the self proclaimed board doyens (so hyped on their own importance they even needed a fucking tedious hurtfree crapping thread) while hurtfully crapping on every other thread,you either left the board or abandoned the thread.
Those who had enough still wanted to post and carry on with some semblance of free speech and opinion. The importance of that outweighed loyalty and tenure. They do have a BCB thread and BCB has a running anti Preludin theme in everything!
I think a few of the old guard wouldn't post on Preludin because the loss of comfort in the safety of their assumed position in the hierachy here would be too much to bear. Snipers who hate the sniped and other snipers.
The BCB thread can be and often is puerile . It is no worse than the tiresome reciprocation of bleating that peppers threads here. Posts months apart about Preludin because someone took the piss and that becomes a need to cry foul and howl at the audacity. Neither place is perfect and never will they ever be so.
This place became toxic and tiresome ,consuming it's own tail day after day even when it was choking itself to death. The fact so many left and the fact that certain posters wouldn't bridge both boards spoke volumes.
I can fight in any corner and I will. So Yves (and others) don't worry about what the neighbours are doing keep your own house tidy.
If you cannot respect people who respect themselves pally you need to take a good long look in the mirror.
The people, writing and knowledge on BOTH boards is astounding. I have and will continue to engage with both . So , But to post there? It shouldn't be up to you to feel the need to criticise You seem to think it is a fucking sin, get over yourself.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 14 Nov 2020, 19:42

What is Preludin? Some offshoot of this place, by the looks of it?
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 14 Nov 2020, 20:33

The Modernist wrote:Well said!

What are you still doing here?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 14 Nov 2020, 20:39

:lol:
"The reason I say Trump won is that he came across as more confident, quicker-witted."
-John Coan on the Presidential debate

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 14 Nov 2020, 20:48

soundchaser wrote:

Why do you ask, is it imperative he leaves ?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 14 Nov 2020, 20:48

Last edited by Samoan on 14 Nov 2020, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 14 Nov 2020, 20:51

:cry:
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Nov 2020, 20:58

Looks like if the idea of the 'Preludin Agent Modernist' is to come over here and feed your seeming fixation on the 'place that cannot be mentioned' he certainly doesn't have too much difficulty succeeding in his 'mission', does it? :roll:
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 14 Nov 2020, 21:10

Diamond Dog wrote:Looks like if the idea of the 'Preludin Agent Modernist' is to come over here and feed your seeming fixation on the 'place that cannot be mentioned' he certainly doesn't have too much difficulty succeeding in his 'mission', does it? :roll:

What does this even mean?
Why does it rankle so that someone who posted here for years has to be picked up on because he can see beyond personal grudges.
And what is his mission, to destroy this place or to piss people off? Look around you mate it isn't Preludins formation that left this once vibrant platform practically vacant.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Nov 2020, 21:22

jimboo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Looks like if the idea of the 'Preludin Agent Modernist' is to come over here and feed your seeming fixation on the 'place that cannot be mentioned' he certainly doesn't have too much difficulty succeeding in his 'mission', does it? :roll:

What does this even mean?
Why does it rankle so that someone who posted here for years has to be picked up on because he can see beyond personal grudges.
And what is his mission, to destroy this place or to piss people off? Look around you mate it isn't Preludins formation that left this once vibrant platform practically vacant.

I'd have thought the fact I described Geraint as "Preludin Agent Modernist" and then put other Agent/Spy like things inside semi quotation marks strongly suggests I wasn't being serious. I think the whole Preludin/BCB thing is absolutely fucking pathetic and have said so from day dot.

Clearly wasted on you. Mate.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 14 Nov 2020, 21:24

jimboo wrote:
soundchaser wrote:

Why do you ask, is it imperative he leaves ?

He made his bed...