Anyone else got a PM from Coan inviting them to join Preludin this morning?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: Anyone else got a PM from Coan inviting them to join Preludin this morning?

Postby The Modernist » 10 Nov 2020, 15:58

I've just read Anna's post which I must have missed. FWIW I don't remember any of those things being said and am somewhat doubtful they were. I would have certainly said something if they were.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Nov 2020, 16:24

Glad to hear it!
Y’all have a search function on there presumably? So you could easily check.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 10 Nov 2020, 16:38

Minnie the Minx wrote:Glad to hear it!
Y’all have a search function on there presumably? So you could easily check.

There was a thread, which Ray moved to some secret room, where some not so nice things were said. But I don't remember those things specifically being said and because I have no access to its location I can't check now. At the time I made a point of registering my opposition to some of the things that were said, so my conscience is clear there, but I can see it was an episode that didn't reflect very well on that board.

Anyway I've missed chatting to you. Did you and Mike celebrate the Biden victory?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Nov 2020, 16:41

Read the Trump thread for a Biden celebration summary!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 10 Nov 2020, 16:54

I just read it!

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 11 Nov 2020, 10:43

I don’t remember reading stuff about wrenches etc
Any insults batted back and forth between the boards have seemed pretty tame really. Rampant misogyny wouldn’t be tolerated in either place, and to suggest that it would be is a sad indictment.

I don’t read everything though.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 11 Nov 2020, 13:49

Fonz wrote:I don’t remember reading stuff about wrenches etc
Any insults batted back and forth between the boards have seemed pretty tame really. Rampant misogyny wouldn’t be tolerated in either place, and to suggest that it would be is a sad indictment.

I do - well, not in film and TV, but there's hardly likely to be anything controversial in there - and I agree with fonz. There was a lot of nastiness in the thread G mentioned, which is why I put it away, but I don't recall anything like what Minnie was told was on there.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 11 Nov 2020, 16:23

Rayge wrote:
Fonz wrote:I don’t remember reading stuff about wrenches etc

I do - well, not in film and TV, but there's hardly likely to be anything controversial in there - and I agree with fonz. There was a lot of nastiness in the thread G mentioned, which is why I put it away, but I don't recall anything like what Minnie was told was on there.

well, that's all very reassuring. except that bit about "a lot of nastiness." otherwise, all roses and tequila over there, i reckon. i am so sure there is no one there who indulges in lily-livered, petty, gossipy, third-grade insults. right.

i've made it very clear on multiple occasions that i think cross-board squabbling is stupid, especially considering all the nasty shit goin on in the world. my preference is to connect. to all y'all still posting here, i love yas. to anyone who actually needs a thread somewhere else dedicated to BCB, yes, ya might have a problem. maybe insecurity issyews? maybe ya need a cat scan? sumthin needs worked out.

but a sincere question: do y'all have a lotta women from here over there? hmm? i'm guessin not. (i'll be happy to stand corrected.)

geeee, i wonder why not.

it's a mystery.

have ya ever pondered that?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 11 Nov 2020, 18:12

There's hardly any women here either Kath!

It's probably about the same at Preludin as here.

kath

Postby kath » 11 Nov 2020, 18:29

The Modernist wrote:There's hardly any women here either Kath!

It's probably about the same at Preludin as here.

i'll take yer word for it, although i doubt the numbers are the same.

i know the women who post here, though. and there could be an itsy teensie lil reason the women here don't post there. could it possibly be becuz coan didn't even bother to invite any women who may've, ya know, given him any flak in the past? mwhahaha. that could be a reason. i can think of others.

no one seems to get that i've always been fond of coan, for a buncha reasons. i'm not sure even he gets it. (i don't take the time to photoshop any BCBers, let alone on multiple occasions, if i aint fond), but he is also a raging fucquer, and we all know it.

you can both sides it if ya want. i'm not really buying that, though. coan... and skope (another fucquer i am fond of) have alienated almost all the women here. surely you know that, right?

that is no comment against you or any of the cross-posters and all, as i tried to say in my previous post.

but of course, i really should only speak for myself. and i am. although i think i am in a female minority of one around here in being fond of coan and skope. mwhaha.

others can come and prove me wrong, and i'm good with that.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 11 Nov 2020, 18:36

I post there sometimes. Here, too. People get on my tits in both places, so I don't post that often in either :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

kath

Postby kath » 11 Nov 2020, 18:44

Belle Lettre wrote:I post there sometimes. Here, too. People get on my tits in both places, so I don't post that often in either :D

thanks for this.

ya know, it makes me really glad for facebook, even though zuckerberg is such a shit.

i only post here and on FB, and it took me many months just to get back into that groove, mwhaha. so what i am missing may be quite a bit, especially on boards i don't read. i have probs keepin up with the board i *do* read. if it weren't for synch listens, album covers and urgent presidential politics...

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 11 Nov 2020, 18:48

Your posts have been a godsend x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 11 Nov 2020, 19:06

kath wrote:
you can both sides it if ya want. i'm not really buying that, though. coan... and skope (another fucquer i am fond of) have alienated almost all the women here. surely you know that, right?

Not buying what? Anyway to answer your question, it's not something I'm aware of. I'd say the sample size of women on both boards is way too small to draw any conclusions.
You'd be more than welcome to visit us Kath. *

* I sort of want to add 'and I really hope you do' but I don't to be accused of coming here to poach posters

kath

Postby kath » 11 Nov 2020, 19:09

::smack:: too kind, belle.

it's important, of course. understatment. i am watching the majority of decent, good americans tryin to save the country from the worst part of itself. i know i'm ever a closet... or, okay, outed... sap, but i think they will win.

it's just incredible to be living through a time like this. then again, i recall being a wee sprout and watching on tv dogs get set on peaceful black protesters in the south, so i guess i shouldn't really be that surprised.

as for boards, i do mean what i have said on many occasions. it doesn't matter, people. i wish no one over there anything but grooviness, and i love everyone here with only a few exceptions that i have made very clear, as i do consider this my home... and i've posted on a whole slew of boards, before i found this one. there's a reason i do my beezle things here. there's a reason reap corner is here. nuff said.
Last edited by kath on 11 Nov 2020, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

kath

Postby kath » 11 Nov 2020, 19:15

The Modernist wrote:
kath wrote:

Not buying what? Anyway to answer your question, it's not something I'm aware of. I'd say the sample size of women on both boards is way too small to draw any conclusions.
You'd be more than welcome to visit us Kath. *

* I sort of want to add 'and I really hope you do' but I don't to be accused of coming here to poach posters

it's okay. what i am apparently going by is what happened in the past and the incredible friction i saw with coan and skope vs female members of this board. sometimes, i need an updating. mwhaha. i have missed a lot. don't mind me.

and thank you for the offer. it's not that i have a single thing against that board, i don't. it really is a matter of focus for me. i gotta streamline. i have a hundred emails from the past year i am never gonna open. i consider it one of my goals in life never to open them. sticking with here and FB, that's my speed. absolutely nuthin personal.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 Nov 2020, 19:37

Belle Lettre wrote:I post there sometimes. Here, too. People get on my tits in both places, so I don't post that often in either :D

This, to the...err...lettre. Well, I probably post a touch closer to 'often' in both places, but yeah...neither place is the Valhalla it would like to claim.

I also don't think there's anywhere to go online that's not at least 10% toxic these days. On the whole, better to listen to music, read books, cook food, get some air...

Basically, neither place has earned my unlimited devotion or my unrelenting ire. And I doubt either ever will. So many more important things to worry about.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 13 Nov 2020, 03:53

I post mostly on Preludin (but not too often). Some of my favourite people/posters from BCB are women and I do secretly wish they would all post there too.

I don't think I matter much in the grand scheme or small scheming of these things so I don't know what this is worth...

But I had more or less given up even checking/reading BCB because I found it either boring or offensive. Initially I didn't care for Preludin either, but now I find enough people and posts there that keep me entertained so there I am. There was a time I went to check BCB and just found some vile things, and one particularly misogynistic thread that completely put me off, so I stopped visiting here for a while.

Just recently I checked in here because of Kath's awesome political posts (I was DESPERATE for anything I could get on the election) and I wished again I could just go to one place for all the good stuff. But I don't dare hope that the good times will continue roulez-ing here, as irksome threads will come back and I don't see myself posting here much anymore, though I don't have anything against this place.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 13 Nov 2020, 04:12

hippopotamus wrote:

I post mostly on Preludin (but not too often). Some of my favourite people/posters from BCB are women and I do secretly wish they would all post there too.

I don't think I matter much in the grand scheme or small scheming of these things so I don't know what this is worth...

But I had more or less given up even checking/reading BCB because I found it either boring or offensive. Initially I didn't care for Preludin either, but now I find enough people and posts there that keep me entertained so there I am. There was a time I went to check BCB and just found some vile things, and one particularly misogynistic thread that completely put me off, so I stopped visiting here for a while.

Just recently I checked in here because of Kath's awesome political posts (I was DESPERATE for anything I could get on the election) and I wished again I could just go to one place for all the good stuff. But I don't dare hope that the good times will continue roulez-ing here, as irksome threads will come back and I don't see myself posting here much anymore, though I don't have anything against this place.

Well, you, for one, are sorely missed. :(
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 13 Nov 2020, 04:28

souphound wrote:Well, you, for one, are sorely missed. :(

Hi Norm!!!

I guess neither of us were gone for good!
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?