Anyone else got a PM from Coan inviting them to join Preludin this morning?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: Anyone else got a PM from Coan inviting them to join Preludin this morning?

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Apr 2020, 16:58

The Modernist wrote::lol: :lol:
Matt's well and truly fallen for that one!

"The actors they've cast are way too old, they're a good fifteen years too old for the roles."

Sound familiar, G? Looks like you fell for it too.

:lol: :lol:
"The reason I say Trump won is that he came across as more confident, quicker-witted."
-John Coan on the Presidential debate

C
Robust

Postby C » 02 Apr 2020, 23:31

The Modernist wrote: :lol: :lol:
Matt's well and truly fallen for that one!

I am surprised at you G

soundchaser wrote:Very nice indeed [Levitation boxset], C’s mate Ginger Baker tubbing it out with full gusto.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 02 Apr 2020, 23:35

What is the big plan?
To pull the majority of BCB over to his personal domain and be king of the internet?
I don't get it.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 02 Apr 2020, 23:53

I wonder if they'll ever get tired of talking about BCB (and me in particular).
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

solarskope

Postby solarskope » 03 Apr 2020, 01:37

I haven't sent a PM inviting anyone here to join Preludin since the start of 2019, when I set the board up. If anyone received any such thing recently it's either a pisstake, or it's because they only just checked their inbox.

Do you honestly think I'd invite a tiresome old shitsack like "The Man" anyway? Use what's left of your noddles, gents.
C wrote:
I remember some of them when they were nice boys - G for example.

But Coan has changed them

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 03 Apr 2020, 09:31

Charles Weetabix wrote:
Do you honestly think I'd invite a tiresome old shitsack like "The Man" anyway?

True, dat. You're already grim to the brim with tiresome old shitsacks as it is

Flower

Postby Flower » 03 Apr 2020, 11:19

GoogaMooga wrote:I wonder if they'll ever get tired of talking about BCB (and me in particular).

To quote C .. :sad fucques" ... Indeed!
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 03 Apr 2020, 12:57

i guess i am a sad fucque because i post over there, and an extra sad fucque because i still post on here too.

But i'll be honest, there are posters here who annoy me, and nobody over there who does.

Should i feel bad, sorry about that? Should i just accept that i am a "sad fucque", and not come back here at all, even to chat with the many people i like? Decisions fucquing decisions, hey.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Flower

Postby Flower » 03 Apr 2020, 14:44

Sad fucque my definition which might be different from anyone else's definition.

Someone who goes on another forum or venue and bad mouths/libels/etc. anyone who can't respond. Giving them likes for the libel .. etc. It's so easy just to ignore people online. But to attack people who can't respond is just being a coward as well as being a bully. No one might agree with me but that is my take on this issue,.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 03 Apr 2020, 15:26

Flower wrote:Sad fucque my definition which might be different from anyone else's definition.

Someone who goes on another forum or venue and bad mouths/libels/etc. anyone who can't respond. Giving them likes for the libel .. etc. It's so easy just to ignore people online. But to attack people who can't respond is just being a coward as well as being a bully. No one might agree with me but that is my take on this issue,.

Well I agree. (Except when it’s about Trump.)

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 03 Apr 2020, 16:02

fange wrote:i guess i am a sad fucque because i post over there, and an extra sad fucque because i still post on here too.

But i'll be honest, there are posters here who annoy me, and nobody over there who does.

Should i feel bad, sorry about that? Should i just accept that i am a "sad fucque", and not come back here at all, even to chat with the many people i like? Decisions fucquing decisions, hey.

Don't think anyone here objects to the 99.9% of posters from over there who post constructively on here.

The only exceptions are Coan and Skope whose pathological hatred of this place and the people who use it borders on the sociopathic

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 03 Apr 2020, 17:53

fange wrote:i guess i am a sad fucque because i post over there, and an extra sad fucque because i still post on here too.

People in both places annoy me. But I also have people I consider friends in both places. Sometimes (maybe even often) they're one and the same.

I don't understand, and will never understand, people's need to constantly talk about it. Don't like what I have to say? Fine. Ignore me. Suit yourself and I'll suit myself.

And anywhere fange is is somewhere I want to be. :D

I am the saddest of all fuques. But I'm happy about it.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Apr 2020, 22:45

I'm reluctant in a way to bump any thread like this because I generally agree with hatz, and find the constant cross site chest beating puzzling.
It's a weird, rainy day here though - the skies are absolutely fucking black, the rain is torrential and given the rest of everything that's going on, I feel slightly miserable but simultaneously full of transatlantic love for all my family back home and friends and whatnot and I haven't been able to focus on work very well. I haven't been able to focus on work all week, actually - I think of myself as pretty pragmatic usually but my mind has been zipping off in all directions. I think an element of this has been living in a country different to that where most of my friends and family are, and worrying about things like needing to travel and not being able to - that sort of thing. I've also been thinking a lot about the friends that I have been in touch with while all this has been going on - and 80% of them have been current or ex BCBers. Contact either by email, FT, Skype, phone, whatsapp (god I love whatsapp), text, or in Jumper K's case, in our house for 3 days!

BCB means a great deal to me and always will. The majority of my adult friendships were formed here, and my marriage and a life in the US here too. "Friends" is a term tossed around a lot these days - I don't think it's impossible or incorrect to refer to someone you only talk to online as a "friend" but having recently had the opportunity to be around so many people (again, many BCBers) in person at JUs or my birthday party in the UK or the one in Estonia, there were times - beer sodden times probably - where I sat back and looked at everyone and my heart was just stunned with love and affection. And I thought about how much I knew everyone. That sounds a bit weird, but I mean it in a nice way. I really, really know these people. And that knowledge is a bedrock of great friendship.

When Matt reported to BCB on the things he had read on Preludin, there was no shortage of folk wanting to discuss what they wanted to make folk aware of - and there were two things that (if true) seemed fairly extraordinary to me. Firstly, John Coan's comments on how friends interacted with me on BCB and remarks on their weight. John Coan doesn't know me at all. He thinks he does, but all he knows is a online persona, the same level of knowledge that I have about him. He doesn't know anything about the depth of my these friendships, not a thing. My friends are - for the most part - my family. It wouldn't occur to me for a minute to even hint I knew anything about Coan's friends or family. It's not my business. Taking part in shitty posts about some of BCB's loveliest, most loving people.

The second thing - and again "if true" - a post where someone discussed putting a wrench inside a female BCBer. Er- ok.

Both of these things didn't and did come as a surprise. What did come as a surprise (and it might have changed since they were first seen) is that nobody had stepped up to remark on those. And my guess is that it is that - that sort of thing - which makes people genuinely sad. I don't know if everyone on Preludin reads every single post. I don't read every BCB post certainly - but if I had friends -actual, real, friends who read those things and said nothing - well, it's a bit off isn't it? And I suspect that that's what John wants - a bit of water muddying. I did get an invite (originally) so hopefully John is thrilled that I didn't join so he can carry on bitching about me when he has run out of whatever chocolate he is currently interested in.

I'm well aware that BCB is not the hive of activity that it was. I couldn't care less. It's always felt like home and it always will be. I don't have anything against John, but nor do I have anything for him. I don't understand where he is coming from or what drives this irritation with BCB he has. An unkinder person than me would say it seems developmentally stunted. And that's coming from me, and I'm capable of being an absolute arse.

But then you know if I met John I would probably think he was very sweet. And he might even like me. But we only know each other's online personas, which is why, especially in the current climate when death and despair is all around, I am exceedingly reluctant to start bitching at John's online persona. Or the people who enjoy hanging out with that persona.

Peace out, everybody!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Apr 2020, 00:03

Bravo Minnie!

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 04 Apr 2020, 10:40

fange wrote:But i'll be honest, there are posters here who annoy me, and nobody over there who does.

Years of effort, wasted.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 04 Apr 2020, 10:47

Ok, one.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Apr 2020, 20:48

soundchaser wrote:Very nice indeed [Levitation boxset], C’s mate Ginger Baker tubbing it out with full gusto.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 12 Apr 2020, 02:56

So wait... There's now 2 boards and people spend time on both slagging off people on the other?

You lot are fucking mad. :lol:
Bleep wrote:I agree with Beebsy

Copehead wrote:Small but beautifully formed Irish contingent

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 10 Nov 2020, 14:52

Beebsy wrote:So wait... There's now 2 boards and people spend time on both slagging off people on the other?

The more the merrier.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 10 Nov 2020, 15:41

Funnily enough, I didn't: he couldn't even bring himself to play an April Fool on me. That's how much he hates me :lol: .