in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jun 2020, 15:52

Jimbo wrote:
Erin Marie Olszewski is a Nurse-turned-investigative journalist

https://www.gofundme.com/f/want-to-help ... re039s-how

Nurse Erin Marie Olszewski needs your help. She has answered the call of duty many times in her life, putting her safety at risk in acts of patriotism and service.

At age 17, Erin enlisted in the Army and deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. While in country, she received the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service. She was combat injured. Erin eventually exited service as a sergeant and became a civilian nurse in 2012.

Erin answered the call of duty again in 2020 by putting her safety at risk during the COVID-19 crisis. This mother of three and patient advocate volunteered again for service, leaving her home, family, and hospital position to offer her professional nursing skills to help in NYC, the epicenter of the pandemic in the US. She was assigned to Elmhurst Hospital, the epicenter of the epicenter.

Now, she is reporting on what happened inside Elmhurst Hospital, putting herself and her career in jeopardy. It is our turn to protect Erin and her family. All proceeds from this fund will go towards the protection of Erin and her family and to ensure that she can safely correct the historical record of the COVID-19 crisis.

Thank you for your support!

She currently has $695 of a requested $150,000..... page opened yesterday.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jun 2020, 15:57

https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/fl ... allahassee

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — At the Capitol Tuesday, the Florida Freedom Alliance rallied in support of vaccine freedom.

Supporters gathered in support of immunization freedom, informed consent, and the right to medical privacy.

They also opposed Florida House Bill 213 and its Senate Counterpart, Bill 354.

Those bills would create an immunization registry and revise immunization requirements for students.

"We are here in hopes that we can spread the word to the United States citizens that our government is over reaching. They are not recognizing our religious freedoms, our personal freedoms, our parental freedoms, and our medical freedoms," said Erin Olszewski, President of Florida Freedom Alliance.

Participants also showed their children how to stand up for their rights and got basic training on the legislative process.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jun 2020, 16:51

Jesus, how ... sigh ... And here come the smears. :roll:

As I watched the video and she talked of all the doctors and nurses who stood by while these horrors were going on I thought of the police who stand by while their fellows commit murders, how the bystanding police are accomplices. The doctors and nurses who stand by, essentially murdering these NOT covid patients are accomplices too. Then I think of my fellows here on BCB who find lame reasons to disbelieve what is really happening. Are you accomplices too? Ya kinda are.

Maybe the nurse is anti-vaccination because a not-yet-developed vaccine sure to make billions is being held out as the hope for curing covid when she has seen first hand how hydroxychloroquine and zinc do the trick cheaply. At the root of the nurse's complaint is money. The hospital gets a huge bonus if they treat a covid patient with a ventilator. Sounds cold blooded but that's her charge. Do you want to attack that rather than her politics? Please do.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jun 2020, 18:51

Jimbo wrote:Jesus, how ... sigh ... And here come the smears. :roll:

As I watched the video and she talked of all the doctors and nurses who stood by while these horrors were going on I thought of the police who stand by while their fellows commit murders, how the bystanding police are accomplices. The doctors and nurses who stand by, essentially murdering these NOT covid patients are accomplices too. Then I think of my fellows here on BCB who find lame reasons to disbelieve what is really happening. Are you accomplices too? Ya kinda are.

Maybe the nurse is anti-vaccination because a not-yet-developed vaccine sure to make billions is being held out as the hope for curing covid when she has seen first hand how hydroxychloroquine and zinc do the trick cheaply. At the root of the nurse's complaint is money. The hospital gets a huge bonus if they treat a covid patient with a ventilator. Sounds cold blooded but that's her charge. Do you want to attack that rather than her politics? Please do.

You are certifiably insane.

You need to get medical help - your mind has been overtaken by some desperately savage disease. You are simply not capable of cogent thought any longer.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 11 Jun 2020, 19:18

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Jesus, how ... sigh ... And here come the smears. :roll:

You are certifiably insane.

You need to get medical help - your mind has been overtaken by some desperately savage disease. You are simply not capable of cogent thought any longer.

Th trouble with Jimbo, and our generation in general, is we did not live through a period where scratching a hand could kill you because we did not have penicillin or not having a vaccination could leave you dead or in an Iron Lung for life son we got complacent and expected to lead long, healthy lives free of this sort of shit.

Therefore some of us think we are somehow immune to the stuff which killed our forefathers in droves because we are smarter or than them not because we have vaccinations and antibiotics.

What we really need to do is infect Jimbo and his ilk with bubonic plague or small pox and see how quickly he starts crying for the stuff he claims is all a scam.

Then he either dies or learns an important lesson and we all get a bit of peace.

I speak as someone who thinks they'd quite like Jimbo the man, or I thought that, he may have disappeared to far down the alt-right rabbit hole to be decent company these days.

He has become and interesting illustration of how damaging and consuming conspiracy theory can become for some people, it is almost an addiction where you start of believing there was something fishy about the Twin Towers collapse and end up thinking global pandemics are a hoax and the Queen is an alien lizard.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jun 2020, 19:38

The Queen isn't an alien lizard? :?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 Jun 2020, 22:27

Again, for those of us not immune to logic:

"Critically thinking" means to think critically. Seems obvious enough, but the thread-starter is again using words he doesn't understand.

Surely if this widespread conspiracy to raise the numbers were accurate, some folks who aren't anti-vaxxers would be bringing it up? And maybe they'd come up with a theory as to why medical deaths beyond seasonal norms are demonstrably higher? And are pretty much climbing and falling when the statistical models say they will?

Olszewski might be perfectly sincere, and she might even be right that there's widespread corruption at Elmhurst. Her charges should be investigated to the fullest. Does it make her right about vaccines, intubation, or hydrochloriquine? Why the hell would it?

And the second you say "follow the money" the finger points directly at the guy currently living near Black Lives Matter Plaza.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:This bullshit is horseshit.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 Jun 2020, 23:05

Jimbo wrote:The hospital gets a huge bonus if they treat a covid patient with a ventilator. Sounds cold blooded but that's her charge. Do you want to attack that rather than her politics? Please do.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospi ... ath-count/

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200422 ... oronavirus

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/medic ... -patients/

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/20/c ... hospitals/

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Jun 2020, 00:15

toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote:The hospital gets a huge bonus if they treat a covid patient with a ventilator. Sounds cold blooded but that's her charge. Do you want to attack that rather than her politics? Please do.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospi ... ath-count/

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200422 ... oronavirus

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/medic ... -patients/

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/20/c ... hospitals/

Your fact checker vs mine: Good ol' USA Today.

At the top pf the page is

The claim: Hospitals get paid more if patients are listed as COVID-19, and on ventilators.

But then go way, way down through acres of lush verbiage to this

Our ruling: True

We rate the claim that hospitals get paid more if patients are listed as COVID-19 and on ventilators as TRUE.

Hospitals and doctors do get paid more for Medicare patients diagnosed with COVID-19 or if it's considered presumed they have COVID-19 absent a laboratory-confirmed test, and three times more if the patients are placed on a ventilator to cover the cost of care and loss of business resulting from a shift in focus to treat COVID-19 cases.

And that was then, before the nurse made her expose verifying the fraud.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Jun 2020, 00:28

OK, let's use USA Today, then.

From the article you cherry-picked:

Jensen said he thinks the overall number of COVID-19 cases have been undercounted based on limitations in the number of tests available.

There have been no public reports that hospitals are exaggerating COVID-19 numbers to receive higher Medicare payments.

FactCheck reporter Angelo Fichera, who interviewed Jensen, noted, "Jensen said he did not think that hospitals were intentionally misclassifying cases for financial reasons. But that’s how his comments have been widely interpreted and paraded on social media."

It's not a "bonus" and hasn't been described that way by anyone outside of the conspiracy/world order crowd. It's an additional payment reflecting the additional costs.

Again, you can't just point and infer. Show me the hospital administrators benefiting financially. Show me the hospital administrators being accused of benefiting financially. Again, by someone other than an anti-vaxxer.

Disclaimer: I'm doing this for the others here reading this so they won't waste their time taking Jimbo down point-by-point. Not that it's very hard to do.

Critically thinking. That means thinking critically.

Thinking.

Critically.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Jun 2020, 04:10

Meanwhile, President Virus is asking folks to come to his rally - and sign a waiver:

https://variety.com/2020/politics/news/ ... -oYiBfLZKw

Reminds me of a certain poster who said he's not wearing a mask because he "knows he's safe."

So does this suggest that he knows that the same safety doesn't extend to his supporters? And that he doesn't give a flying fuck about it?

I say yes.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 12 Jun 2020, 09:28

Jimbo wrote:
The numbers are horseshit.

Just watched the hardest ever to watch video I ever watched. I couldn't wait to come here and tell you what you are being told in the MSM about Covid-19 is horseshit. And yeah, maybe to gloat because I was right all along. Or my "sources" were right. The nurse whistleblower tells all about how all these people died - and most died needlessly. Patients with anxiety attacks were labeled Covid positive, put on ventilators and died. And there is much more horror to behold in the video. And had most of the patients with early symptoms of Covid been given hydroxychloroquine and zinc they would be symptom-free in a day or so. President Dumbass was right again. God I hope this goes viral and there is some justice

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Jun 2020, 17:39

Critically thinking.

Not saying this is provably 100% accurate. Just wanted to listen to the other side.

Unsurprisingly, the other side makes a hell of a lot more sense.

https://zdoggmd.com/undercover-nurse/

https://zdoggmd.com/elmhurst-hospital/

All her talk about having nothing to gain raised my suspicions immediately, particularly when I already knew she was a known anti-vaxxer. Turns out (imagine my shock!) she's writing a book:

https://www.amazon.com/Undercover-Epice ... 151076366X

So - she needs a Go Fund Me page AND a book (already listed as a best-seller before release - thank you, blogosphere!) to protect her from---what exactly?

And she continued working at an incompetent hospital where patients were being killed and she was powerless to do anything about it--why? If people were being killed, and you had 'nothing to gain' wouldn't the first thing you did be report it to someone who could investigate? So why didn't she?

I think we know now.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Jun 2020, 19:58

Aaaand, low and behold:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Another shocker.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 Jun 2020, 22:02

Apparently there are lots of studies coming out now that basically say the same thing: 100% effective or no, masks are effective enough to be a very valuable tool that can go a long way toward stopping the spread in its tracks:

https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/ ... 333170.php

"But muh privilege!"

Wear the fucking mask!

Look, even if you don't believe that it works or think it gives people a false sense of security or it's overkill or whatever, do it out of common courtesy. If it makes your fellow human feel better, and it can't harm you (and it can't), that's reason enough to do it.

And that 'breathing in my own CO2' thing is bullshit.

Outdoors and not near people, it's not needed. When I go into a store, I put the mask on, then take it off the second I'm outside. And considering COVID-19 affects the lungs, if my breathing is seriously restricted by having a piece of cloth on it for 20 minutes or whatever, I'd rather know earlier than later.

Thus ends today's rant.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Jun 2020, 02:30

Interesting article from the Hillary-bots at the NY TImes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/heal ... e=Homepage

The most important quote:

...the retractions also raise troubling questions about the state of scientific research as the pandemic spreads. Thousands of papers are being rushed to online sites and journals with little or no peer review, and critics fear long-held standards of even the most discerning journals are eroding as they face pressure to rapidly vet and disseminate new scientific reports.

Again, so important to think critically, not just say you're doing it. Question everything. Other than the assumption that the loons are going to keep coming out of the woodwork. I think that's been scientifically proven several times over.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Jun 2020, 08:01

Diamond Dog wrote:From Feb 15th :

Jimbo wrote:You worried about an epidemic? Here's an epidemic our media don't want you to be worried about. From the Lancet ... okay?

About 200 million cases of viral community-acquired pneumonia occur every year—100 million in children and
100 million in adults.

http://biblioteca.asmn.re.it/allegati/l ... 093922.pdf

And this is why the corona virus story is utter horseshit. Even if they tell us 1000, 2000, 3000 people have died, that's nothing compared to a real threat like pneumonia - which kills millions every year. So don't believe the hype, please. I mean they're considering stopping the Tokyo Olympics over this media/pharma fake trifle.

Always worth re-posting it every month.

The 'anniversary' is a day early but just to remind everyone what Jimbo was saying back on February 15th and has spent the four months since trying to shoehorn any evidence in to fit his initial assessment.

For info - 7.87 million cases of COVID 19 worldwide and 433,000 deaths up to yesterday.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Jun 2020, 23:34

Another thoughtful article, originally posted by erstwhile BCBer Goldwax on Facebook:

https://medium.com/@chelseykburden/the- ... dd66d503cb

The best thing, as I will keep repeating over and over, is don't take the exact restriction level of your area as gospel - do what actually makes sense, but go by the science - not the covidiots. Just because restrictions are being loosened that doesn't mean you're not taking a risk.

I've been easing back into normal routine somewhat - went to dinner with friends last night (on the patio - still not ready for indoors), have been walking in my (fortunately quiet) area a lot lately, and will probably start hiking with groups again soon - but I'm trying to avoid, as I've said before, spending too much time in others' breathing spaces.

It's frustrating me that so many people who were crying for their 'freedom' are the ones not interested in taking any precautions at all. I get not wanting government restrictions, but if you're not going to use your own common sense? Good luck, but stay the fuck away from me.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 15 Jun 2020, 09:14

toomanyhatz wrote:Another thoughtful article, originally posted by erstwhile BCBer Goldwax on Facebook:

https://medium.com/@chelseykburden/the- ... dd66d503cb

The best thing, as I will keep repeating over and over, is don't take the exact restriction level of your area as gospel - do what actually makes sense, but go by the science - not the covidiots. Just because restrictions are being loosened that doesn't mean you're not taking a risk.

I've been easing back into normal routine somewhat - went to dinner with friends last night (on the patio - still not ready for indoors), have been walking in my (fortunately quiet) area a lot lately, and will probably start hiking with groups again soon - but I'm trying to avoid, as I've said before, spending too much time in others' breathing spaces.

It's frustrating me that so many people who were crying for their 'freedom' are the ones not interested in taking any precautions at all. I get not wanting government restrictions, but if you're not going to use your own common sense? Good luck, but stay the fuck away from me.

Agree.

Regardless or not of whether someone believes in taking sensible precautions themselves, they should have the common decency to respect the feelings and concerns of those who do.

Have heard some genuinely horrible stories about the way the women (and 99% of them are women) behind the counter at the local Tesco have been abused as this thing has progressed.