Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Jun 2020, 15:33

Lord Rother wrote:New Zealand
Population: 4.886 million
Area: 268,021 km²

England
Population: 55.98 million
Area: 130,395 km²

Diamond Dog wrote:
22 deaths - population 5 million. Scaled up to the UK 60 million - that would be around 270 deaths. We have 40,000 + and rising.

UK not England.

1818 x 22 = just under 40k. Fatalities.

5m x13.2 = 66 million (I've gone up to the 2019 population) . Population.

New Zealand area 268,000 km² UK area 243,000 km².

So UK 0.9 the area of NZ.

UK 13 times the population.

UK 1818 times the deaths.

Now answer that.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Jun 2020, 18:08

Jimbo wrote:The lockdown made the epidemic worse.

Still waiting.

Assume I'll be waiting forever.

Oh wait - I get the problem!

https://intermountainhealthcare.org/blo ... -outbreak/

Now which epidemic are we talking about again? The common flu?

Still waiting, again, and in any case.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:This bullshit is horseshit.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Jun 2020, 19:22

toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote:The lockdown made the epidemic worse.

Still waiting.

Assume I'll be waiting forever.

Oh wait - I get the problem!

https://intermountainhealthcare.org/blo ... -outbreak/

Now which epidemic are we talking about again? The common flu?

Still waiting, again, and in any case.

Thought I addressed your nag a page back near the bottom. Must admit I didn't say the lockdown increased or decreased the covid numbers but just that it made "things" much worse for 50,000 UK cancer patients. Oops.

And now - this is huge! - the WHO has come out and said that the covid virus was NOT spread by infected but symptom-less patients. The mask, the distancing, all that horseshit, unnecessary unless you are infected and obviously sick, i.e., exhibiting flu/cold symptoms.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Jun 2020, 19:37

Jimbo wrote: Must admit I didn't say the lockdown increased or decreased the covid numbers but just that it made "things" much worse for 50,000 UK cancer patients. Oops.

Boy, this is tiresome.

That it made the "epidemic" worse is exactly what you said. You have not backed that up in any way. End of story.

And now - this is huge! - the WHO has come out and said that the covid virus was NOT spread by infected but symptom-less patients. The mask, the distancing, all that horseshit, unnecessary unless you are infected and obviously sick, i.e., exhibiting flu/cold symptoms.

More selective reading. This is not what they said at all.

I also don't think there's anyone here who's failed to notice that when they say something that you think supports whatever uncritical point you're making, it's "The WHO said..." and when they seem to be in opposition (not that you can tell the difference) it's "who cares what the WHO say? They're in bed with (fill in the blank)."

Again, critical thinking welcomed.

Still waiting.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Jun 2020, 19:52

toomanyhatz wrote:

More selective reading. This is not what they said at all.

I also don't think there's anyone here who's failed to notice that when they say something that you think supports whatever uncritical point you're making, it's "The WHO said..." and when they seem to be in opposition (not that you can tell the difference) it's "who cares what the WHO say? They're in bed with (fill in the blank)."

WHO Says 'Very Low Risk' Of COVID-19 Spread By Asymptomatic People
•Jun 9, 2020

Regardless whether or not I believe the WHO, it is normies like you who need to be convinced. I have been calling it horseshit pretty much from the git-go. And Hatz, this is GOOD news. You won't get nor will you spread the virus - - unless you have the symptoms.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Jun 2020, 20:05

Oh, FFS!

https://www.axios.com/who-asymptomatic- ... 3b4cf.html

Jimbo actually fucking thinks this wrote:You won't get nor will you spread the virus - - unless you have the symptoms.

This is fucking bullshit of the highest order. It's not true, folks. Stop spreading fucking lies.

Yes, I accept that the fact that it being rarer than originally thought is good news. Not much comfort to the relatives of the dead, which is quickly approaching half a million. Not that you give a shit about that.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Jun 2020, 20:30

toomanyhatz wrote:
Yes, I accept that the fact that it being rarer than originally thought is good news.

Still good news. Right? Right? Your chances of getting sick from the virus have always been relatively low, let alone dying from it, and now they're even lower!

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Jun 2020, 21:26

toomanyhatz wrote:Oh, FFS!

Jimbo actually fucking thinks this wrote:You won't get nor will you spread the virus - - unless you have the symptoms.

This is fucking bullshit of the highest order. It's not true, folks. Stop spreading fucking lies.

Yes, I accept that the fact that it being rarer than originally thought is good news. Not much comfort to the relatives of the dead, which is quickly approaching half a million. Not that you give a shit about that.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Jun 2020, 21:35

Jimbo wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:
Yes, I accept that the fact that it being rarer than originally thought is good news.

Still good news. Right? Right? Your chances of getting sick from the virus have always been relatively low, let alone dying from it, and now they're even lower!

I will also point out (though the sensible people here of course already realize it) that any scientific data in and of itself does not change the odds - it just means more is known (or in some cases, suspected), which has the potential to be good news if it helps people to target their precautions more safely and efficiently. A false sense of security, as we've seen throughout the US, can have the exact opposite effect.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jun 2020, 01:30

toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:

I will also point out (though the sensible people here of course already realize it) that any scientific data in and of itself does not change the odds - it just means more is known (or in some cases, suspected), which has the potential to be good news if it helps people to target their precautions more safely and efficiently. A false sense of security, as we've seen throughout the US, can have the exact opposite effect.

How you've made it this far in life ... with all those people breathing around you ... Aw, Hatz, they stole your brain, man.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jun 2020, 05:51

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 10 Jun 2020, 08:42

Jimbo wrote:
1.55pm on Sat 6/6

The lockdown made the epidemic worse.

Jimbo wrote:

7.52pm on Tue 9/6

I didn't say the lockdown increased or decreased the covid numbers but just that it made "things" much worse for 50,000 UK cancer patients.

The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.

George Bernard Shaw

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 10 Jun 2020, 09:14

toomanyhatz wrote:Oh, FFS!

Apart from the fact that Jimbo misrepresented what was being said and, as you have pointed out, was cherry picking, the relevant expert has withdrawn that statement.
Bugger off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 10 Jun 2020, 09:41

FFS Jimbo!

If you have the virus - whether you're asymptomatic or not - you are still a carrier and can pass it on. Ever heard of Typhoid Mary?

Covid might have a relatively low mortality rate compared to other plagues and pandemics and it may not be too bad for most of the people that get it. But as we have seen, hundreds of thousands have died with lockdowns in place, without them there that figure would be 80% worse (according the independent medic on BBC last night).

The only way to stop it is to prevent it transferring from person to person which means everyone keeping their social distance and covering their mouths as much as possible. It is a disease that makes its home in the lungs. That's where it multiplies. So simple logic dictates that if you cover your mouth that will partially prevent transmission. Not rocket science - common sense.

But again I stress, the more people you can get on board with this plan the quicker you stop the virus. And that simple fact has been demonstrated again and again around the world - the countries that got sserious quicker have fared better while the US, UK and Brazil have failed quite badly.

If you ignore the virus and just carry on as normal as you seem to be suggesting, you're not going to escape all the other issues around lock-down because you will have a higher infection and illness and serious, long-term illness/death rate anyway. So the economy that you are trying to protect will tank anyway, unemployment will rise, suicides will increase...

Lock-down is the least worst option.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 10 Jun 2020, 09:50

Does anyone here seriously think that J believes any of the shit he comes out with?

He's BCB's Donald Trump.

He says something outrageous - if not outright offensive - and then while the rest of us are
still wasting our time trying to reason with him*, he'll drop another piece of "Truther" crap.

And so it goes ad infinitum.

* Or. in my case, deriding him for the sociopathic troll he is

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jun 2020, 10:42

Deebank wrote:FFS Jimbo!

If you have the virus - whether you're asymptomatic or not - you are still a carrier and can pass it on. Ever heard of Typhoid Mary?

I'm sorry. No. And I am not being purposefully contrarian. Look at the Kim Iversen video I posted a short way back which features the WHO high up official say exactly that. Contrary to what they had said, now they have tests which show asymptomatic infected people are pretty much off the hook for spreading the disease. But then Hatz countered (quite deftly) that the WHO had walked back what the official had said - somewhat. More or less they said it is still possible but its less likely than they had thought. "Jimbo" would say there was some coercion to change narrative but even if the first official was wrong she wasn't wrong by much. Infected sneezers and coughers are the main culprits.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jun 2020, 11:14

Vernon Coleman: My Kind of Guy! :D

(Let the character assassination begin!)

Coronavirus scare: The hoax of the century?

Coronavirus: How and why thousands of old people have been murdered

Coronavirus: Is this how they plan to steal and sell your DNA?

The Stupidities Keep Coming but Lockdowns Are Finished

Stop Them Closing Our Loos

And there are more where these came from.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6F39 ... w1BfiJDibw

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Jun 2020, 19:10

Ah, another crackpot!

The "they're stealing our DNA!!" headline should have been my first clue, but for some reason I dug further.

Anti-vaxxer
STILL perpetrating the same myth that the seasonal flu kills more people than Coronavirus, yet...
Somehow saying that "old people are being murdered" because they're dying from the Coronavirus in care homes
Has multiple works - without any evidence or peer review that I can spot - about how NHS doctors kill more people every year than cancer.

Not a scintilla of evidence in any of these vids, of course, beyond the usual tropes of "they're exaggerating the numbers!"

On the bright side, he's a vegetarian and he loves cats.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 Jun 2020, 05:52

Meanwhile, the good 'ol USA just passed the 2 million cases milestone. I find this rather grim, and wish people would pay a little better attention to how the numbers go up as things open up again.

I totally get it. I understand people want to party down once the chains are off. And it's inevitable that the "new normal" has to start at some point - we can't just bring civilization to a standstill. I just hope we can celebrate our freedom while still being cautious. I know I can. I know most of my friends can. But the covidiots are out there and they don't seem to be going away.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jun 2020, 15:44

The numbers are horseshit.

Just watched the hardest ever to watch video I ever watched. I couldn't wait to come here and tell you what you are being told in the MSM about Covid-19 is horseshit. And yeah, maybe to gloat because I was right all along. Or my "sources" were right. The nurse whistleblower tells all about how all these people died - and most died needlessly. Patients with anxiety attacks were labeled Covid positive, put on ventilators and died. And there is much more horror to behold in the video. And had most of the patients with early symptoms of Covid been given hydroxychloroquine and zinc they would be symptom-free in a day or so. President Dumbass was right again. God I hope this goes viral and there is some justice

Erin Marie Olszewski is a Nurse-turned-investigative journalist, who has spent the last few months on the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic, on the inside in two radically different settings. Two hospitals. One private, the other public. One in Florida, the other in New York.

And not just any New York public hospital, but the “epicenter of the epicenter” itself, the infamous Elmhurst in Donald Trump’s Queens. As a result of these diametrically opposed experiences, she has the ultimate “perspective on the pandemic”. She has been where there have been the most deaths attributed to Covid-19 and where there have been the least.

Her story perfectly aligns with that of other doctors and nurses who have come forward or posted to social media, and confirms some of the worst aspects of the research OffGuardian (and other alt-media outlets) have been doing. Including the over-use of ventilators in such a way that causes avoidable deaths, the forced use of DNRs, financial incentives for Covid diagnoses and in general a top-down, non-scientific approach which spread fear and made the situation incalculably worse.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/11/wat ... andemic-9/