Critically thinking about the corona virus

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 19 May 2020, 12:25

And in the "numbers are horseshit" department you may have heard they are finding many "false positive" results with the current covid RNA tests. In fact the president of Tanzania had heard this and to test whether this was true he "submitted secret samples from invalid subjects, including a goat and a papaya (yes, the fruit), that came back as “positive” for the virus. ... He says the lab came back with positive test results for a papaya, a quail and a goat — three things that have never been linked to the virus in the past." How can you believe the numbers with a test so faulty? https://globalnews.ca/news/6910821/coro ... -tanzania/
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 May 2020, 12:49

Sam Stone wrote: Scott Trust which guarantees its editorial independence - as five minutes "research" would have shown you..

:lol:
Who owns the Scott Trust?

The Scott Trust is a limited partner in GMG Ventures LP, founded in 2017

Guardian Media Group to launch new £42 million venture capital fund - GMG Ventures

Come on, man. 42 million can buy a lot of good press. Damn the Guardian and their pesky slogan!

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 19 May 2020, 12:52

Jimbo wrote:And in the "numbers are horseshit" department you may have heard they are finding many "false positive" results with the current covid RNA tests. In fact the president of Tanzania had heard this and to test whether this was true he "submitted secret samples from invalid subjects, including a goat and a papaya (yes, the fruit), that came back as “positive” for the virus. ... He says the lab came back with positive test results for a papaya, a quail and a goat — three things that have never been linked to the virus in the past." How can you believe the numbers with a test so faulty? https://globalnews.ca/news/6910821/coro ... -tanzania/

Or so he claims.

Far from being the towering statesman you'd have us believe, most reputable news organisations dismiss him as being a pound shop Trump or Bolsanaro - in other words, a nutty-as-squirrel shit permanent resident of Jimboland.

Jimbo wrote:
How can you believe the numbers with a test so faulty?

Or, to put it more succinctly, how can you believe a "leader" as batshit crazy as Magufuli?

From our old friend RationalWiki

Tanzania[edit]
As noted above, Tanzania president John Magufuli engaged in tepid preventative measures with COVID-19 compared to other African nations, keeping all places of worship open, and preferring to fight the virus by engaging in unhelpful measures such as declaring days of national prayer [255] and promoting a herbal tonic placebo as a cure. [256]. Of course, any journalist that tries to do any real reporting on COVID-19 is cracked down upon. [257] Other African countries engaged in lockdowns and social distancing, and saw declining cases as a result.[258] [b]Unsurprisingly in contrast, by May 2020, Tanzania had the highest number of cases in the region, [259] and this is even before the large possibility that cases are being under-tested and under-reported due to the opaque nature of the Tanzania government.[/b] (Even the cause of death of three MPs in 11 days in April 2020 was kept hidden from the public, causing rumors to fly speculating that all 3 died of COVID-19.)[260]

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 May 2020, 13:30

So RationalWiki claims."

Besides your bit doesn't dispute the outcome of the president's prank as reported in Reuters. And just Google "false positive RNA covid tests" and even the official story friendly top choices say the tests aren't perfect but a little further down I came to this from Korea.

More than 260 COVID-19 patients in South Korea tested positive for the coronavirus after having recovered, raising alarm that the virus might be capable of "reactivating" or infecting people more than once. But infectious disease experts now say both are unlikely.

Rather, the method used to detect the coronavirus, called polymerase chain reaction (PCR), cannot distinguish between genetic material (RNA or DNA) from infectious virus and the "dead" virus fragments that can linger in the body long after a person recovers, Dr. Oh Myoung-don, a Seoul National University Hospital doctor, said at a news briefing Thursday (April 30), according to The Korea Herald.
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus ... tives.html

Point being the numbers are horseshit. Are some people getting sick and dying? Okay, yes. But to make me feel bad for saying how I feel about this overturning, this revolution, this unwanted and unnecessary intrusion, this throwing out the baby with the bathwater, this multi-trillion dollar bailout, this zombifying of my friends and family, this closing of my health club, my favorite bar, the airlines which could have taken me home, the movie and concert venues, my god... And to do it with bad numbers? Neil Ferguson, hellooo.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 19 May 2020, 13:57

Jimbo wrote:
So RationalWiki claims."

Unlike your good friend the Magufuli, RW doesn't "claim" anything.

They simply point out easily verifiable facts whose significance even a sociopathic twat like you should be able to comprehend.

Jimbo wrote:

...this closing of my health club, my favorite bar, the airlines which could have taken me home, the movie and concert venues...

Forget all the poor fuckers who died or lost loved ones.

The only thing that matters about the biggest global crisis of the last 80 years is the minor inconveniences it causes you. You really are a truly despicable cunt.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 19 May 2020, 20:34

toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Look, it's awful that some people are getting sick - even strangely so - and some are even dying.

OK, so we're acknowledging this now. Great. That's a start.

So, with that considered, particularly considering at least some regular posters here actually have gotten sick from this thing - and quite possibly, god forbid, there's every chance that one of us could die from it - what do we do now?

Or putting it another way, what's it to you how others choose to deal with this? Other than that warm feeling you get from thinking you're a superior being to all us sheeple, what do you get out of judging us for taking the precautions we feel are necessary, particularly ones that make sense to us? Why do you feel like you're in any position to judge others for how they deal with this - or any - "fucking horrible thing?"

Use your common sense. Or choose to be an asshole, which for some unknown reason you seem to prefer.
Jimbo wrote:Solid conspiracy thinking is actually just deep investigative journalism.

Jimbo also wrote:Here is Icke's most up to date interview. Three hours.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021? 2022?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 May 2020, 22:45

Sam Stone wrote:
The only thing that matters about the biggest global crisis of the last 80 years is the minor inconveniences it causes you. You really are a truly despicable cunt.

Watched the movie Interstellar on Netflix last night and one theme was how we humans are more protective toward our own families than we are toward the rest of the human race. And it's rings true. I am selfish in that way. And frankly I am probably more concerned about my own skin than even my family's. Clearly you don't feel that way. I bow sir to your moral superiority.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 May 2020, 07:51

Coronavirus: The tide is coming for medicinal cannabis

Cannabis researchers in Canada say the plant-based drug may provide resistance to SARS-CoV-2. Their preliminary findings are part of broader research into the use of medicinal cannabis in treating cancer.
https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-the-t ... a-53371342

8-)

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 20 May 2020, 09:20

Jimbo wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

Watched the movie Interstellar on Netflix last night and one theme was how we humans are more protective toward our own families than we are toward the rest of the human race. And it's rings true.

I am selfish in that way. And frankly I am probably more concerned about my own skin than even my family's. Clearly you don't feel that way. I bow sir to your moral superiority.

In dismissing empathy for others as an attempt at claiming some kind of "moral superiority" you merely add to people's growing suspicion you are indeed some kind of sociopath.

In bragging how you value your own skin over that of your family you go some way towards confirming the fact.

Like I've said before, you really are a truly despicable waste of skin and organs.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 20 May 2020, 17:54

Here's the thing- chances are very, very, (overwhelmingly) good that Jimbo nor President Grifter nor those plandemic idiots nor most of those maskless terrorists (which is indisputably what they are) storming the capitol will die or even get terribly sick from the Coronavirus. And numbers can be shrugged away (like in Sweden) or outright falsified (Georgia).

So the "let Darwin take over" stuff is not helpful. This is why we are so fucked. Because asymptomatic people can pass it on and never get sick themselves (and worse yet, never know), selfishness like Jimbo's - or that of the POTUS - potentially has deadly consequences.

If that doesn't scare the shit out of you, you're not paying attention.
Jimbo wrote:Solid conspiracy thinking is actually just deep investigative journalism.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 May 2020, 23:52

Maybe a cartoon will help you to put this corona thing into perspective.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 May 2020, 00:17

And shooting off another toe ... Goddamn Russia, China and Iran are hacking our shit again.

Whether it's coincidental our biggest fake enemies are named as the hackers it seems somebody is hacking into labs to steal research for a vaccination which in a better world should be free for all to share and work on together. Instead, who would reap the billions if this were free? https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 21 May 2020, 01:05

What a shame all those people had to die needlessly.

The good news is at least they provided Jimbo with a strawman. I'm sure that's a great relief to their friends and family.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 May 2020, 02:00

Both bad but what's worse: death or poverty?

It's the poverty that gets me. Regarding my sports club and closed sports clubs all over the world, how many workers, dedicated athletes for whom this is a dream job have been furloughed. And the cleaning staffs, etc. Ponder how many lives were destroyed by the closing down of the Tokyo Olympics. And so on throughout the economy. The dead are, well, dead. Sorry but the living need to make a living. And how respectful are we now? Open the economy and we can properly mourn and actually attend funerals and religious services.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 21 May 2020, 02:41

If you gave the slightest flying fuck about poverty you would never say anything even vaguely positive about the man in the White House who attained his billions by walking on the backs of people suffering from it.

The dead are dead? What a genius observation. The dead also all have family they can no longer support and friends they can't socialize with ever again.

And the Tokyo Olympics weren't closed down. You're really not very good at this, are you?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 May 2020, 03:22

toomanyhatz wrote:If you gave the slightest flying fuck about poverty you would never say anything even vaguely positive about the man in the White House who attained his billions by walking on the backs of people suffering from it.

The dead are dead? What a genius observation. The dead also all have family they can no longer support and friends they can't socialize with ever again.

And the Tokyo Olympics weren't closed down. You're really not very good at this, are you?

Stretching much?

And yeah, the Olympics are pretty much done here. The WHO guy said that even in 2021 they might not be safe. And if you could see the lots with fleets of unused brand new buses and all the jobs they represent you'd have a care for the drivers and owners.

And just thinking out loud here about Trump. How is it he gets away without a mask even in a mask factory? And how does he survive after taking hydroxychloroquine and zinc? Not speaking of him pro or con as a politician but as a 70 something year old human. I think he knows-knows he is safe.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 May 2020, 06:27

You really think he's taking hydroxychloroquin?
Christ you're even more of a dupe than we imagined.
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 21 May 2020, 09:19

Jimbo wrote:
Regarding my sports club and closed sports clubs all over the world, how many workers, dedicated athletes for whom this is a dream job have been furloughed. And the cleaning staffs, etc.

Open the economy and we can properly mourn and actually attend funerals and religious services.

Just a day or so ago you were shamelessly boasting how you couldn't give a fuck about anyone else - including your family.

Now here you are ostentatiously boo-hoo-hooing crocodile tears about the poor fuckers whose "dream job" is to apparently clean up the toxic bodily secretions and breathe in the nausea-inducing exhalations of selfish cunts like yourself.

While your Damascene conversion to your old Sociopathy 101 teachers' recommendations about the wisdom of mimicking normal people's emotions is commendable, it's sadly too late.

SS Phoney Empathy has already steamed full speed ahead out of the harbour and left you marooned on the quay, your lack of basic human decency plain for all to see.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 May 2020, 13:24

Yes. This. I haven't agreed with Maher in quite a while but I always appreciated his gutsy style. Here he says much of what I had said a while back about how we need to be outside.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 21 May 2020, 16:57

Jimbo wrote:Yes. This. I haven't agreed with Maher in quite a while but I always appreciated his gutsy style. Here he says much of what I had said a while back about how we need to be outside.

Quelle surprise - BCB's resident sociopath cherry picks the dubious wisdom of yet another crackpot.

From RationalWiki - purveyors of large pinches of salt for all things Jimbo.

With its casual use of "big Pharma" and "bullshit", he could practically have written the penultimate para himself.
But, oh, how that last sentence must grate...

Bill Maher on medicine[edit]

“”I’m not into western medicine. That to me is a complete scare tactic. [...] The flu shot is the worst thing you can do [because] it's got mercury. [...] It doesn't prevent [the flu]. [...] [I]f you have a flu shot for more than five years in a row, there’s ten times the likelihood that you’ll get Alzheimer’s disease.[26]

Although Maher's criticisms of the pharmaceutical industries are sometimes legitimate, his views regarding vaccines are wrong and potentially dangerous. Maher has gone on record as a germ theory denialist, claiming that Pasteur recanted germ theory on his deathbed.[27] He says he's not against all vaccines but, at the same time, he believes that being vaccinated for any and all illnesses represents a slippery slope and could damage our natural immune systems.[28][29] You can't have both, Maher. On at least one occasion his anti-vaccine stances were tracked back to whale.to.[30] He has also recently endorsed anti-GMO propaganda.[31]

In 2009, during one of his Real Time shows, Maher felt he had to "clear up a few things that people have been writing about me that are not true" and went on record to say "I’m not a germ theory denier."[32] This has caused a great amount of confusion for the media. One can conclude that although Bill Maher may claim not to be a germ theory denier and may have some legitimate concerns about the corporate corruption in the pharmaceutical industry, his views on medicine are in contrast with mainstream medicine and his perspective on vaccines may be harmful. In later shows, he stated, during an appearance with former senator (and doctor) Bill Frist, that vaccination is 'not a settled science'.
In early 2015, after a long respite from anti-vaccine rhetoric, Maher dove into the issue again in a series of incidents, claiming the flu shot is "bullshit" and nothing but a scam by "big pharma", justifying his vaccine denial by claiming medical science is (somehow) not as reliable as climate science (which he completely agrees with), and inviting none other than Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. on his show.

In 2016, he outdid himself yet again by inviting Samir Chachoua, who claimed to be able to cure HIV with the milk of arthritic goats, on his show. To add insult to injury, he ended his "New Rules" segment of that episode bemoaning how the internet has allowed misinformation to spread easily.[33]