Critically thinking about the corona virus

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 May 2020, 14:01

Jimbo wrote:
Eventually there will be an accounting for this. It ought to be soon, and I hope it will be.

But if not, it will be important that protests such as mine were made and heard at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... lions.html

And mine.

Old Hitchens he's your boy at the moment, isn't he?
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 May 2020, 14:02

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Eventually there will be an accounting for this. It ought to be soon, and I hope it will be.

But if not, it will be important that protests such as mine were made and heard at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... lions.html

And mine.

Old Hitchens he's your boy at the moment, isn't he?

Ah, the messenger shooter.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 May 2020, 14:06

From a guy who got everything so utterly and spectacularly wrong only three months ago, I honestly don't think you're in any position to be 'bigging up' your messages, such as they are.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 May 2020, 20:20

Of what are you afraid when Chris Witty, UK Chief Medic, has repeatedly said:

In an April 30 presentation with this slide

And then in an April 11 speech

[T]he great majority of people will not die from this and I’ll just repeat something I said right at the beginning because I think it’s worth reinforcing:

Most people, a significant proportion of people, will not get this virus at all, at any point of the epidemic which is going to go on for a long period of time.

Of those who do, some of them will get the virus without even knowing it, they will have the virus with no symptoms at all, asymptomatic carriage, and we know that happens.

Of those who get symptoms, the great majority, probably 80%, will have a mild or moderate disease. Might be bad enough for them to have to go to bed for a few days, not bad enough for them to have to go to the doctor.

An unfortunate minority will have to go as far as hospital, but the majority of those will just need oxygen and will then leave hospital.

And then a minority of those will end up having to go to severe end critical care and some of those sadly will die.

But that’s a minority, it’s 1% or possibly even less than 1% overall.

And even in the highest risk group this is significantly less than 20%, ie. the great majority of people, even the very highest groups, if they catch this virus, will not die.

And I really wanted to make that point really clearly…

The horseshit part comes in when one wonders why all the hubbub, why the lockdown, why the fear mongering.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/15/wat ... -majority/

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 May 2020, 02:02

The problem with all of what Chris Whitty said is that he has also totally supported the lockdown throughout. Why is that? Because it is through the lockdown that those figures he quotes have been achieved.

It's the way you corrupt a statement like that that has lost you complete respect on here - the statement wasn't in favour of ending the lockdown it was in favour of keeping it.

But you and your moronic conspiracy theorists always seem to miss the absolutely essential point, every time. Those little technicalities kind of pass you by, and allow you to completely subvert the intent of a statement to what you want to hear/see/read. It's confirmation bias in the most blissfully perfectly stupid ignorant form.

As I said :

Diamond Dog wrote:4,569,339 cases globally.

304,798 deaths.

Keep counting the bodies Jimbo and keep denying the single most obvious fact - this virus is virulent and potent and, in most places, is in no way under control. So whatever number I was to put it there will be dwarfed in six months time. And you'll still be telling us - as we approach Xmas- that it's all horseshit and all those people would have died anyway.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 17 May 2020, 03:24

But something doesn't jive. Maybe Whitty credits the lockdown. He doesn't specifically say so here. What he absolutely does say here and elsewhere is what I have been saying, the disease isn't that virulent.

That Whitty goes along with the lockdown is a political matter. Even a dumb schmuck like you goes along with closing pubs and concerts. But just wait and see the conspiratorial shit happening to our governments and businesses while we cower in sheep-like fear.

And fuck your numbers.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 May 2020, 05:32

Jimbo wrote:But something doesn't jive. Maybe Whitty credits the lockdown. He doesn't specifically say so here. What he absolutely does say here and elsewhere is what I have been saying, the disease isn't that virulent.

That Whitty goes along with the lockdown is a political matter. Even a dumb schmuck like you goes along with closing pubs and concerts. But just wait and see the conspiratorial shit happening to our governments and businesses while we cower in sheep-like fear.

And fuck your numbers.

Just quoting this before you edit/remove it.

Whitty every day he is on TV backs the lockdown. Without fail - are you suggesting that I'm lying? Do you think that's all he said on that day? Do you even know how long the Press Briefing is every day, or the format?

And the last sentence is merely going to fuel the disrespect you have generated for yourself on here. It was 3000 fatalities wasn't going to faze you back in March, it's 300,000 now and you still don't give a shit - and I've no doubt it will be exactly the same if we ever reach 3 million.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 17 May 2020, 10:25

The only surprising thing about your post, DD is that you expected anything better from this pathetic attention-seeking sociopath.

The truly sickmaking thing about J is that he doesn't even believe the shit he excretes over this board on a daily basis himself.

As the following post from March 10 shows, he's ultimately as shit scared of becoming a CoVid victim as the rest of us.

Jimbo wrote:
And I may be crazy but I ain't that stupid. I have a good supply of canned goods and bottled juices on hand, extra toilet paper and I am washing my hands like a racoon.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 17 May 2020, 16:03

Jimbo wrote:But something doesn't jive. Maybe Whitty credits the lockdown. He doesn't specifically say so here. What he absolutely does say here and elsewhere is what I have been saying, the disease isn't that virulent.

As I've already said, we have good data from Spain now. 60,000 people tested in a random sample throughout the whole country and appropriately weighted to match the country's demographics.
This data finds that 5% of the population have had the disease. 5% of the population of Spain is 2 million. 27,000+ people have died of the disease in Spain, which is 1.35% of the total number infected.
The flu generally kills about 0.1% of sufferers so, according to this data, the coronavirus is 13.5 times more lethal.
Flu is bad. It's very bad and kills a lot of people despite the existence of vaccines.
This is far worse, and the numbers have only been kept this low by extraordinary measures.

Jimbo wrote:And fuck your numbers.

No, Jimbo. Fuck you.
Bugger off.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 May 2020, 03:30

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 18 May 2020, 09:42

There's an interesting article in The Guardian about people who are suffering from the virus for a very long time. They're not getting mentioned in the statistics because they're not at death's door so they're not being taken into hospital. They are, however, suffering very bad symptoms and for a very long time, and it looks like there may be a lot of them.
This was particularly interesting to me as a good friend (in her 40s and healthy) has been in self-isolation for two months now with a variety of symptoms; sometimes really debilitating ones. She thought she was getting better a couple of times but then relapsed badly. She's still as ill as she ever was.
Perhaps the worst thing for her is that she hasn't been able to go near her two young daughters all this time. Kids need cuddles from their mothers and mothers need cuddles from their kids.

But, Jimbo's gym. That's what really matters, right?
Bugger off.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 May 2020, 11:05

Rorschach wrote:There's an interesting article in The Guardian about people who are suffering from the virus for a very long time.

Prof Tim Spector, of King’s College London, estimates that a small but significant number of people are suffering from the “long tail” form of the virus.

Ooh, King's College. They're the numbers people aren't they?

Look, it's awful that some people are getting sick - even strangely so - and some are even dying. But as we used to say, "That's life." Yes, prepare yourself: illness and death are part of life. But then we didn't stop everything - and then pay off trillions to fucking almost everyone - for tuberculosis, malaria, car accidents, sick smokers, gun shot victims, etc., all fucking horrible things. But all of a sudden this "flu-like" virus goes around and it's stop the world. Ridiculous. Use your common sense, man.

Better, use your nose. Can you smell the horseshit? What, you can't? Oh oh. Your sense of smell, man. It's g-g-g-gone! Close everything, Rorschach can't smell!

Baaa.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 May 2020, 11:55

The Guardian and Bill Gates. Sad. No wonder there is no covid push back reporting. And you sheep eat it all up like the finest alfalfa. (Psst. Follow the money.)

The Guardian launches global development website with Gates Foundation

Tue 14 Sep 2010 09.18

The Guardian today has launched a new website in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to help focus the world's attention on global development. The site will provide a new space for discussion and interaction on the biggest challenges affecting the lives of billions of people across the developing world, including poverty, hunger, infant mortality, adaptation to climate change and economic development.
https://www.theguardian.com/gnm-press-o ... pment-site

Wake up and smell the horseshit.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 May 2020, 20:04

Jimbo wrote:Look, it's awful that some people are getting sick - even strangely so - and some are even dying.

OK, so we're acknowledging this now. Great. That's a start.

So, with that considered, particularly considering at least some regular posters here actually have gotten sick from this thing - and quite possibly, god forbid, there's every chance that one of us could die from it - what do we do now?

Or putting it another way, what's it to you how others choose to deal with this? Other than that warm feeling you get from thinking you're a superior being to all us sheeple, what do you get out of judging us for taking the precautions we feel are necessary, particularly ones that make sense to us? Why do you feel like you're in any position to judge others for how they deal with this - or any - "fucking horrible thing?"

Use your common sense. Or choose to be an asshole, which for some unknown reason you seem to prefer.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:This bullshit is horseshit.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 May 2020, 08:02

Jimbo wrote:The Guardian and Bill Gates. Sad. No wonder there is no covid push back reporting. And you sheep eat it all up like the finest alfalfa. (Psst. Follow the money.)

The Guardian launches global development website with Gates Foundation

Tue 14 Sep 2010 09.18

The Guardian today has launched a new website in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to help focus the world's attention on global development. The site will provide a new space for discussion and interaction on the biggest challenges affecting the lives of billions of people across the developing world, including poverty, hunger, infant mortality, adaptation to climate change and economic development.
https://www.theguardian.com/gnm-press-o ... pment-site

Wake up and smell the horseshit.

"The Millennium Development Goals are eight international development goals, adopted by all 192 United Nations member states in the year 2000 and set to be achieved by 2015:
Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
Goal 2: Achieve universal primary education
Goal 3: Promote gender equality and empower women
Goal 4: Reduce child mortality
Goal 5: Improve maternal health
Goal 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability
Goal 8: Develop a Global Partnership for Development".

So you oppose those goals?

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 19 May 2020, 08:52

DP
Last edited by Sam Stone on 19 May 2020, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 19 May 2020, 08:52

Moved from the random stuff thread (it was posted on Sun 17) so as not to pollute the whole board with Jimbo's nonsense

Jimbo wrote:
So I'm out for a walk today and feeling a little thirsty I spy a drink vending machine. The vegetable drink I want costs 100 yen (one coin) and looking in my wallet change pocket I only have a 50 yen coin, so I slip a 1000 yen note into the bill slot. The bill is swallowed and I push my selection. My drink falls and right after coins start dropping into the change slot. And it seemed like an unusually large amount coins were dropping. Plop, plop, plop, plop, plop, I imagined that I had hit some kind of broken machine jackpot. But the plopping stopped and when I scooped out the handful of coins I saw there were an unusually large amount of 10 yen coins. Okay, that explains a lot. The machine ran out of larger denomination coins and gave me a bunch of 10 yenners. But what was weirder was that each of these 10 yen coins were defaced with Japanese writing written with a felt tip pen. There were ten 10 yen coins and each one was defaced. Pocketing the coins I later on showed them to some family and friends and one kid started to blush and another didn't want to say what was written. There were dirty words written on each coin. A different word on each coin. Some on both sides. Graffiti 2020!

Someone who'd go to the bother of defacing coins is the sort of person who wouldn't think twice about smearing those same coins with coronavirus.

Hope you remembered to clean your hands with 70 per cent alcohol sanitiser and then use it to wipe the top of the can before you drank from it, J.

If not, you and those you stupidly passed the unsanitised coins to could be in for a nasty dose of Covid-19.

Still, it's no worse than the normal flu so you should all be OK, right?

Only a few more days of anxious waiting to be sure...

https://www.webmd.com/lung/how-long-cov ... n-surfaces

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 May 2020, 11:54

Diamond Dog wrote: So you oppose those goals?

No, I guess those goals are all right but you again miss my larger point. I had heard on a podcast how Gates was a patron of the Guardian and a quick search for evidence was what I posted. There is more evidence but I am impatient. Whatever, Gates "partnered" with the Guardian. He gave them lots of money. He is paying salaries, etc. To my thinking the Guardian is now indebted to the billionaire. And since Gates is a linchpin for the whole lockdown-until-there-is-a-vaccine horseshit angle, of course the Guardian will publish whatever will help Gates, like that extra bit of fear mongering propaganda that Rorschack had posted. (A tiny few are suffering the flu-like symptoms longer than normal!) (BTW, the poor suffering guy in the article, did he even test positively for covid? I might have missed that.) Anyway, the more fear the longer we will cower in place until there is a magic Gates vaccine.

And about those goals, what can the Guardian do except write about them, propagandize. It helps no one, not really, but it sure makes Gates and his charity look good. And it pays the Guardian's bills.

I can't help but see how every angle of this story is loaded with more questions than answers.
Last edited by Jimbo on 19 May 2020, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 May 2020, 12:03

Sam Stone wrote:Moved from the random stuff thread (it was posted on Sun 17) so as not to pollute the whole board with Jimbo's nonsense

Jimbo wrote:
So I'm out for a walk today and feeling a little thirsty I spy a drink vending machine. The vegetable drink I want costs 100 yen (one coin) and looking in my wallet change pocket I only have a 50 yen coin, so I slip a 1000 yen note into the bill slot. The bill is swallowed and I push my selection. My drink falls and right after coins start dropping into the change slot. And it seemed like an unusually large amount coins were dropping. Plop, plop, plop, plop, plop, I imagined that I had hit some kind of broken machine jackpot. But the plopping stopped and when I scooped out the handful of coins I saw there were an unusually large amount of 10 yen coins. Okay, that explains a lot. The machine ran out of larger denomination coins and gave me a bunch of 10 yenners. But what was weirder was that each of these 10 yen coins were defaced with Japanese writing written with a felt tip pen. There were ten 10 yen coins and each one was defaced. Pocketing the coins I later on showed them to some family and friends and one kid started to blush and another didn't want to say what was written. There were dirty words written on each coin. A different word on each coin. Some on both sides. Graffiti 2020!

Someone who'd go to the bother of defacing coins is the sort of person who wouldn't think twice about smearing those same coins with coronavirus.

Hope you remembered to clean your hands with 70 per cent alcohol sanitiser and then use it to wipe the top of the can before you drank from it, J.

If not, you and those you stupidly passed the unsanitised coins to could be in for a nasty dose of Covid-19.

Still, it's no worse than the normal flu so you should all be OK, right?

Only a few more days of anxious waiting to be sure...

https://www.webmd.com/lung/how-long-cov ... n-surfaces

Very creative! That's possibly the most thinking you've done since this horseshit began.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 19 May 2020, 12:21

Jimbo wrote:

I had heard on a podcast how Gates was a patron of the Guardian and a quick search for evidence was what I posted. There is more evidence but I am impatient. Whatever, Gates "partnered" with the Guardian. He gave them lots of money. He is paying salaries, etc. To my thinking the Guardian is now indebted to the billionaire. And since Gates is a linchpin for the whole lockdown-until-there-is-a-vaccine horseshit angle, of course the Guardian will publish whatever will help Gates, like that extra bit of fear mongering propaganda that Rorschack had posted.

And about those goals, what can the Guardian do except write about them, propagandize. It helps no one, not really, but it sure makes Gates and his charity look good. And it pays the Guardian's bills.

The Guardian is run by the Scott Trust which guarantees its editorial independence - as five minutes "research" would have shown you.

Perhaps you were put off by your inability to grasp the paper's belief that "facts are sacred".