Critically thinking about the corona virus

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 11 May 2020, 06:25

Six String wrote:Interesting opinion piece from the WAPO Jimbo might want to read.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

:lol:

Pure obfuscation - diverting pod-readers' attentions from some actual intriguing anti-WAPO version of covid-19 points posited by actual scientists and doctors and then equating our alt-information with fucking Pizzagate??? GTFOH!

How about WAPO wondering how for three years (and even now) they bought and sold the thoroughly debunked and utterly ridiculous Russia-gate conspiracy theory. Trump is a Russian agent. If you believe that then you must believe in Pizzagate.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 11 May 2020, 09:30

Jimbo wrote:
...diverting pod-readers' attentions from some actual intriguing anti-WAPO version of covid-19 points posited by actual scientists and doctors...

Actual scientists and doctors?

That makes a change from the usual 48-year old mama's boys broadcasting rubbish from childhood bedrooms they've never left via computers they got given last birthday.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 11 May 2020, 09:31

DP

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 May 2020, 19:23

"Actual scientists and Doctors" is meaningless.

Mikovits is - or at least WAS - an actual scientist. The Bakersfield Boobs are actual Doctors. That doesn't mean the scientific community or the medical community recognizes their authority to speak for them.

That's why I'll keep repeating till I'm blue in the face. "Critically thinking" is not a matter of who to believe. It's a matter of listening to what is actually being said, and if it's beyond your expertise (and most things said about COVID-19 are most assuredly beyond mine), research and see what else is being said by other "experts" and judge what makes the most sense. Not even "trust, but verify." ALWAYS verify. Trust NO ONE. At least no individuals.

Furthermore, being a crackpot or a profiteer doesn't automatically make someone wrong, and being an 'expert' (self-described OR in a position of expertise) doesn't automatically make someone right.

'Critically thinking' means informing yourself. Not "so and so says."
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:This bullshit is horseshit.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 May 2020, 22:41

And by the way, "Russia-gate" was never "thoroughly debunked."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 May 2020, 23:19

Stay sceptical. End the lockdown. Save lives.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 May 2020, 23:41

toomanyhatz wrote:And by the way, "Russia-gate" was never "thoroughly debunked."

Pretty thoroughly debunked then. According to the American Bar Association: "Mueller finds no collusion with Russia, leaves obstruction question open" https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanew ... stigation/

I know it's just a headline Hatz, but really, what good did all that huffing and puffing do? Trump is still in office. Even Flynn is off the hook.

And this is the wrong thread for this discussion. Maybe.

It seems how major Russia-gate conspiracy theory pushers like the New York Times are reusing the same OTT tactics,
repeatedly stating covid-19 "facts" that make Trump look bad while ignoring other "facts" that might make him look not so bad.

Whether covering covid-19 or whether or not Russia interfered in the election, IMO, it behooves our most trusted media outlets to remain neutral and present and analyze all the facts and to let the chips fall where they may. As it is, if anyone is interfering in our politics it is the anti-Trump, pro-war, CIA lovin', covid-fearing New York Times and Washington Post.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 12 May 2020, 01:26

Jimbo the Russian Robot who is paid to infiltrate our board, has now gone Death and Murder Cult.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 May 2020, 03:23

No, he's just a gullible cunt.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 May 2020, 10:34

And today I got a $1200 check from the US government.

Fucking weirder and weirder.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 May 2020, 10:59

Titled “An Appeal for the Church and the world,” ... an appeal to governmental leaders to respect people’s inalienable rights and fundamental freedoms in light of the Covid-19 pandemic ... [a] list of more than 80 signatories [which] includes prelates and theologians... call on the scientific community to provide real cures for Covid-19 and remind them that developing or using vaccines derived from aborted fetuses is “morally unacceptable.” They exhort government leaders to ensure that citizens are not controlled through “contact-tracking” or other similar methods. And they urge the media to provide accurate information by giving room to “voices that are not aligned with a single way of thinking”.
https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index. ... abp-vigano

More gullible cunts. :roll:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 May 2020, 12:24

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 May 2020, 12:39

Jimbo wrote:
Titled “An Appeal for the Church and the world,” ... an appeal to governmental leaders to respect people’s inalienable rights and fundamental freedoms in light of the Covid-19 pandemic ... [a] list of more than 80 signatories [which] includes prelates and theologians... call on the scientific community to provide real cures for Covid-19 and remind them that developing or using vaccines derived from aborted fetuses is “morally unacceptable.” They exhort government leaders to ensure that citizens are not controlled through “contact-tracking” or other similar methods. And they urge the media to provide accurate information by giving room to “voices that are not aligned with a single way of thinking”.

Because it's you I'm really not sure... are you agreeing or disagreeing with them?
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 May 2020, 12:51

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Because it's you I'm really not sure... are you agreeing or disagreeing with them?

Largely, yes, I agree. Now how about you? Do you agree?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 May 2020, 12:58

I'd need to do some research on the ethical question of vaccines from aborted foetuses... I know they are sometimes used for things like rubella, measles etc.... tough one.Would need to check. As a completely non religious person.... I'm not bound by those 'moral/ethical' codes.

As regards the "voices that are not aligned with a single way of thinking” being given a voice - that's so vague as to be virtually worthless but... if it means giving religion a place at the scientific table then... no.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 May 2020, 04:30

Diamond Dog wrote:
As regards the "voices that are not aligned with a single way of thinking” being given a voice - that's so vague as to be virtually worthless but... if it means giving religion a place at the scientific table then... no.

:roll: This bit of course means rather than slagging off "gullible cunts" like me with insults these eminent folks will heed and exhort our media to heed those of us who have alternative yet compelling ideas about this thing.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 May 2020, 05:01

Jimbo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

:roll: This bit of course means rather than slagging off "gullible cunts" like me with insults these eminent folks will heed and exhort our media to heed those of us who have alternative yet compelling ideas about this thing.

Actually, it means no such thing.

C'mon - you're not a dumb guy. You're from the states. Presumably you've met a few fundies in your time.

They're talking about giving religion a place at the scientific table.

They don't say 'the world including the church.' They say 'the church and the world.'

You know what they mean. Don't play dumb.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 May 2020, 07:43

toomanyhatz wrote: Presumably you've met a few fundies in your time.

"Fundies"? Is this the left's version of "da jooz"? Why not simply cop HRC's "deplorables?"

And what the Catholic church has done for science is enormous. And just because they say they don't want ground up fetuses in their vaccines you resort to calling names - again.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 May 2020, 08:13

Jimbo wrote:
And what the Catholic church has done for science is enormous.

I'll take the bait....

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 May 2020, 08:25

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
And what the Catholic church has done for science is enormous.

I'll take the bait....

Science and the Catholic Church
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_a ... lic_Church