Critically thinking about the corona virus

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby toomanyhatz » 27 Jan 2021, 01:18

Minnie the Minx wrote: I think it's very common that public health information to an initial unknown usually errs on the side of extreme caution until more is known about mechanisms of spread.

Would never for a second argue that the messaging hasn't been inconsistent and, at times, contradictory. And a year later, there are still a variety of (both learned and crackpot) opinions about the mechanisms of spread.

It will definitely help some to have a more integrated federal response, but I think we're still a ways away from the miraculous disappearance that Trump and other crackpots have been predicting for months.
Jimbo wrote: I have just shown...

Jimbo wrote:There goes that conspiracy theory.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2021, 09:21

Let's be realistic. Had they just treated this flu (or flu-like illness) as we do with every other flu by staying home if you feel shitty and then letting it pass through your body instead of resorting to the fascistic lockdown we are experiencing, all would have been normal - the old normal. I could have flown home to my mother's funeral. All flus are deadly, especially for the old and frail, but that's life. Something's going to kill you. Covid-19 is not nearly as deadly nor as dangerous as the media and our leaders are making it out to be. Surely you know this. A vast majority of people who get/got Covid are fine today - except for the onerous and stupid lockdown bullshit we have to endure. That you go complacently along with the stupid program is okay. It isn't your fault. The propaganda is honed, perfected, targeted to make you a child again, the good boy or girl, the big dumb smoochie smoochie your mama loves. So, come on back to the old normal when international plane tickets were cheap-ish and Tokyo restaurants were open past 8pm.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 27 Jan 2021, 09:28

Pish.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 27 Jan 2021, 09:47

For anyone who doubts the extent and severity of C19 I would suggest you talk to someone who works in a medical environment.
My near neighbour is the respiratory ward sister in our local hospital - he was Covid Ward sister until he got the virus. The only axe he has to grind is the 'don't catch covid' axe. On the whole the South West hasn't been hit as hard as many other areas but they are having a much harder time here with wave 2 than they did last year. He and his wife (also a ward sister) and their daughter all caught the virus and were isolating over Christmas - they are all still recovering and suffering the usual breathing problems etc. Ask any medical practitioner - it is a nightmare on any number of levels.

One thing I can never understand about holocaust deniers is why they don't just talk to / read the testimony from the normal everyday people who survived. Actually I do understand it completely. They don't want to hear anything that will 'corrupt' or alter their entrenched world view. It is very much the same with Covid deniers. I read today that 900 holocaust survivors have so far died from Covid
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2021, 10:43

Deebank wrote:I read today that 900 holocaust survivors have so far died from Covid

Jimbo wrote:The propaganda is honed, perfected....
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2021, 11:14

Merck Scraps COVID Vaccines; Says It’s More Effective To Get The Virus And Recover

Shots generated an ‘inferior’ immune system response in comparison with natural infection

https://summit.news/2021/01/26/merck-sc ... d-recover/

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 27 Jan 2021, 11:40

Jimbo wrote:
Deebank wrote:I read today that 900 holocaust survivors have so far died from Covid

Jimbo wrote:The propaganda is honed, perfected....

I would suggest you talk to someone who works in a medical environment.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2021, 11:54

Yes, BBC, thank you, but what did all those people die of? Cancer, TB, Alzheimer's, stroke, etc. ...

You do see the distinction between someone dying with Covid compared to someone dying of Covid. There is generally only one thing you can die of but many things you can die with. Point being Covid's danger is hyped up with subtle words and cues which get past most folks. That is propaganda.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Jan 2021, 14:05

toomanyhatz wrote:

Still waiting for a more substantive answer to Min's question, though. That should be a doozy.

Well, in retrospect, asking Jimbo that and his intentional non response has been an absolute boost for my online mental health!

I had thought that we'd learn a bit about how Mrs. J tries to reason with him - or maybe not, I mean goodness knows what she personally believes- but as Jimbo avoided answering, the penny didn't as much drop as it did fucking CAREER at a thousand miles an hour. She doesn't know.

She doesn't know!

Jimbo, who wants us all to know about the simpleton cowards we are for not questioning the very basis of everything we think is true, is either too frightened or ashamed to show his work to his wife. To his wife! Can you imagine living that life? They go about their business and drink their coffee and fold sheets and he notes his Honey-do list and he tiptoes to the computer looking over his shoulder because he is frightened at what his wife would say if she saw the things he wrote.

This is Jimbo, the fearless investigator until such time as his wife is within six foot of the computer screen. That's how much faith he puts in the substance of what he types.

Man. I've been trying to work out a way to not interact with him for a while- which I'm not very good at, but imagining him hurriedly shutting down his PC every time he hears Mrs. J coming will certainly help me look at it with a new perspective.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 Jan 2021, 15:17

I just keep him on ignore. He’s not worth responding to and I certainly don’t give a flyin’ F what he thinks.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 27 Jan 2021, 18:06

Oh lordie we see the king of wacko theories is back.
Yes Jimbo like no one dies from AIDS because they die of things they get from having a weak immune system. That doesn't mean AIDS wasn't the cause of death.

2.1 Million people have died from Covid. Even if 500,000 were reported as wrong type of death that leaves 1.5 dead and counting.
Did countries make mistakes about how to handle Covid yes but no matter what was done millions will die from Covid or Covid related problems.

As far as we are all better off getting Covid and hope we recover (yes of covid patients the % who die is low)? Drop dead with your thoughts as I've now now I know endless people who have struggled with Covid (both personal and clients). I'm in pensions so I get the calls all the time.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2021, 21:59

Deebank wrote:
I would suggest you talk to someone who works in a medical environment.

Great Barrington Declaration

As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza. .......

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone ....

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 28 Jan 2021, 01:02

Six String wrote:I just keep him on ignore. He’s not worth responding to and I certainly don’t give a flyin’ F what he thinks.

ya know, i am all for folk who feel the need to go after the delusional moron who thinks he shows himself as intelligent, brave and superior, when he is so clearly the opposite, a delusional, dumbass, dickless idjut. go for it if it gives you so much as modicum of satisfaction. some people (read conspiracy theorists) feel that intense need to make themselves meaningful and important cuz on some level, what they are truly lacking informs all. compensation is the bottom line.

i applaud people who wanna go after that.

i am not one of em. i won't waste time engaging with someone who has lost all semblance of being an actual human.

just me, of course.

(and i do so appreciate.. the prof, i think... who granted my one wish: to keep that moron off the board during the run-up to the election. a welcome break that allowed me to let loose about the things that really matter.)

but yeah, overall, i think someone soooo needing attention for stupid fucquin shit is best left to drown in his own crap. everybody who has a functioning brain knows what this is. fucque him. let him wallow in his own fear of inadequacy, irrelevance and mortality.

kath

Postby kath » 28 Jan 2021, 01:19

i would like to share this. i hope y'all can see this, cuz some haven't been able to see twitter links for vids i've posted before. i'll try anyway.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1354557102413369344

kath

Postby kath » 28 Jan 2021, 01:24

wait... i've got one more to share.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1354438595885588481

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 28 Jan 2021, 02:12

Here is another MD with an actual professional opinion differing from the MSM - and other queer for Hillary folk.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 28 Jan 2021, 02:22

:lol: "Actual professional opinion." Well that's me convinced.
Jimbo wrote: I have just shown...

Jimbo wrote:There goes that conspiracy theory.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Six String

Postby Six String » 28 Jan 2021, 05:24

kath wrote:
Six String wrote:I just keep him on ignore. He’s not worth responding to and I certainly don’t give a flyin’ F what he thinks.

ya know, i am all for folk who feel the need to go after the delusional moron who thinks he shows himself as intelligent, brave and superior, when he is so clearly the opposite, a delusional, dumbass, dickless idjut. go for it if it gives you so much as modicum of satisfaction. some people (read conspiracy theorists) feel that intense need to make themselves meaningful and important cuz on some level, what they are truly lacking informs all. compensation is the bottom line.

i applaud people who wanna go after that.

i am not one of em. i won't waste time engaging with someone who has lost all semblance of being an actual human.

just me, of course.

(and i do so appreciate.. the prof, i think... who granted my one wish: to keep that moron off the board during the run-up to the election. a welcome break that allowed me to let loose about the things that really matter.)

but yeah, overall, i think someone soooo needing attention for stupid fucquin shit is best left to drown in his own crap. everybody who has a functioning brain knows what this is. fucque him. let him wallow in his own fear of inadequacy, irrelevance and mortality.

You made that happen? I owe you big time. You should have asked for more. I wish Jimbo would fuck himself so hard he turns into a niblet.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 28 Jan 2021, 05:45

Not my line but appropriate just the same. If shit could shit, then Kath and co. would be the shit that the shit shat.

It is psychotic how you can fail to realize there is an anti-lockdown narrative out here which posits that we can get our lives and businesses back to the way they were. Today at the gym the song Please Lock Me Away was going on in my head. Because maybe you are crazy enough to actually like this. You like to be tied up. Is this masochism? You fuckers are rooting for the virus. This is an adventure for you. Well, you got your theme park - the whole fucking world. Jesus wept.

kath

Postby kath » 28 Jan 2021, 06:51

Six String wrote:You made that happen? I owe you big time. You should have asked for more. I wish Jimbo would fuck himself so hard he turns into a niblet.

lemme be clear. i don't know for sure if i did.

there was a thread where folk were debating whether he/it should be banned or not. i have never advocated for anyone to be banned on this board, not even for the most... er, infamous suspects?... the very ones involved with a general consensus in favor of banning. in fact, i have argued at great length against these people being banned. the poll in that thread had an easy majority believing he/it was toxic enough to be banned.

my very public view at the time? there *are* folk who've earned a temporary suspension. a time out, so to speak. so if a certain classless fucque-headed moron *is* gonna get a time out, can we at least let it run til the election is decided, til it's a done deal? that was my hope. the election was so hugely important. the idea that everyone here would hafta post around the fucquer's daily rancid bullshit just to discuss issyews about the election was weighing on me.

then said fucquer disappeared for awhile... which prompted me to say that we all owe the prof dinner. mwhahaha.

i mean, i dunno for sure this is what went down, and i don't wanna put anyone on the spot. my intent, honestly, is just to be thankful. for all i know, maybe that fucquer got stuck in an elevator for some time cuz he's too moronic to press the right buttons while he's jackin off to his own reflection in the emergency glass. whateverrrrr.

in any case, it is quite clear that said fucquer can't handle his own mouth and will never, ever stop advertising how screwed up his brain is and how pathological his flamingly stupid and insecure need is. right? right. it was really nice and helpful not seeing him infecting every important thread with his utter bullshit at such a key time, is all i'm saying. i consider it a truly meaningful grace period from his constant, flagrant shit.

that is all.