Critically thinking about the corona virus

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2020, 23:04

interesting moving chart over time, june 5 to oct 2.

watch what happens from the start, where states like new york and califonia get hit big (and recall how trump, his minions, trumpy republicans, all argued it was the democratic places that got covid, so fucque em)... to what happens over time to those red republican states that downplayed covid, refused safety measures, opened back up early, etc.

obviously, a pandemic is gonna spread outward over time and move to less populated places just as a general rule, but it still looks pretty dramatic. watch the very red states at the end.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315770529488531456

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Oct 2020, 13:16

i had a problem with the way you framed it. the article is not some vague "is the truth out there and where?" it is specifically focused on how to make people more critical readers. that's all.

I never framed or summarized the article. It was a separate question.

I liked the article which is why I posted it.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Oct 2020, 14:02

Flower wrote:
i had a problem with the way you framed it. the article is not some vague "is the truth out there and where?" it is specifically focused on how to make people more critical readers. that's all.

I liked the article which is why I posted it.

If you didn't intend to 'frame' or 'summarise' the article you posted, why put "This article gives most of us something to think about ... The truth is out there but where?" atop the post? If you wanted your question to be viewed completely separate from the article, why did you put it at the top of the article and actually refer to the article in your question?
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

kath

Postby kath » 13 Oct 2020, 14:07

Flower wrote:

it was a separate question, suuuuure... although you used it to lead into the article you posted.

but whatever. you are unable to accept one iota of criticism for anything you say or post.

it really is a complete waste of time to try to debate anything with you. you are unable to do it.

imagine, just imagine, you at any real debate anywhere, high school level, local council level, presidential level.

and a person says from the other side to you, "interesting question, but not related to the article you've brought up at all. good point about fact versus opinion, lemme add a few more sentences on that."

you then ignore those ideas and any credit completely. you would stand there and keep trying to quibble over what you see as criticism, utterly missing the point.

but i guess it's a good day if you aren't standing at that live debate, trying to throw out lines like

"you don't know what i think"
"you are the one with the problem"
"i feel sorry for you, really"
"he's MY friend, that's why he matters"

... or any of that other horsecrap you throw out.

a good day.

... relatively speaking.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 13 Oct 2020, 15:18

Don't worry about that horrid Diamond Dog man and Kath woman being nasty about
your groundbreaking theory that stuff on the internet may not be 100% reliable, Flower

Here's a picture of a cute ickle kitten to cheer you up!

Flower wrote:Image

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Oct 2020, 23:55

kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Flower

Postby Flower » 14 Oct 2020, 13:06

kath wrote:
Flower wrote:

it was a separate question, suuuuure... although you used it to lead into the article you posted.

but whatever. you are unable to accept one iota of criticism for anything you say or post.

it really is a complete waste of time to try to debate anything with you. you are unable to do it.

imagine, just imagine, you at any real debate anywhere, high school level, local council level, presidential level.

and a person says from the other side to you, "interesting question, but not related to the article you've brought up at all. good point about fact versus opinion, lemme add a few more sentences on that."

you then ignore those ideas and any credit completely. you would stand there and keep trying to quibble over what you see as criticism, utterly missing the point.

but i guess it's a good day if you aren't standing at that live debate, trying to throw out lines like

"you don't know what i think"
"you are the one with the problem"
"i feel sorry for you, really"
"he's MY friend, that's why he matters"

... or any of that other horsecrap you throw out.

a good day.

... relatively speaking.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, a summary should be at the end or a statement or debate. Sorry, if it offends you if I share an article. Sharing is not debating. I do think that the 'trolling" is a waste of time for those who troll (I'm not saying that you troll) but it's so boring and doesn't accomplish anything other than what it says about the troller and not the person who is being trolled. I have NO problem if anyone disagrees with me and I disagree with many people but I don't make personal attacks when they disagree. I don't tell people to inject themselves with bleach. I don't bring disagreements from thread to thread.

For the record, yet again .. I don't/won't debate on BCB because it almost always ends up with personal attacks and name calling. I will continue to share articles, etc. Nothing I post is personal or an attack on another poster.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 14 Oct 2020, 13:23

Flower wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, a summary should be at the end or a statement or debate. Sorry, if it offends you if I share an article. Sharing is not debating. I do think that the 'trolling" is a waste of time for those who troll (I'm not saying that you troll) but it's so boring and doesn't accomplish anything other than what it says about the troller and not the person who is being trolled. I have NO problem if anyone disagrees with me and I disagree with many people but I don't make personal attacks when they disagree. I don't tell people to inject themselves with bleach. I don't bring disagreements from thread to thread.

For the record, yet again .. I don't/won't debate on BCB because it almost always ends up with personal attacks and name calling. I will continue to share articles, etc. Nothing I post is personal or an attack on another poster.

Do you not think posting a triple hyena laughing emoticon to be a personal attack ?

It's Mockery 101.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what I post to you as you repeatedly claim to have me on Ignore.
Why not put the whole board on Ignore, share what you want to, expect No responses and make your BCB life even sweeter for yourself ?
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

kath

Postby kath » 14 Oct 2020, 14:57

Flower wrote:For the record, a summary should be at the end or a statement or debate.

oh really? what you know about debate would not fill a bubble gum wrapper.

Flower wrote:Sorry, if it offends you if I share an article. Sharing is not debating.

suuuure. cuz that's what anyone had a problem with, you sharing an article. lorddddd, that's moronic.

yes, incredibly, you still think you can teach me what debate is. that level of arrogant stupidity is off the charts.

the day will never come when you use "sorry" as anything other than a snarky, arrogant marker. that's just how you roll.

Flower wrote:I do think that the 'trolling" is a waste of time for those who troll (I'm not saying that you troll) but it's so boring and doesn't accomplish anything other than what it says about the troller and not the person who is being trolled.

mwhahaha. of course yer not saying i'm a troll, ya lil passive/aggressive thing, you. translation: but i really am a troll, and it all really is my problem, and it all says more about me. cue the sad, sorry, floral refrain.

you just can't help but be yer own confirmation of exhibit A.

Flower wrote:I have NO problem if anyone disagrees with me and I disagree with many people but I don't make personal attacks when they disagree.

yeah. you have no problem if anyone disagrees with you. right. which is why yer still trying to bitch about yer catching flak at the start of the post.

Flower wrote: I don't tell people to inject themselves with bleach.

well, THAT"S a relief. i'm glad it makes you feel so good about yerself. you so clearly need that.

Flower wrote: I don't bring disagreements from thread to thread.

reallly? wow. you don't even bring em from board to board, now do ya, flower? not at all personal attacks and responses. you expect everyone else to have the same short memory and lack of reading comprehension that you have. wrong board for that, really, but you are still utterly clueless about it. you never pick up a single clue. not a one.

let's see... i don't gaslight and accuse other people of being what i am. i don't launch PM campaigns to get other people on my side, i don't play drop my hankie in front of men to get defenders, and come to think of it, i don't get banned or kicked off of boards. i wonder why you do? surely, whatever the reason, it's allllll someone else's problem.. you are not the troll. jimbo is not the troll. yaddayaddayadda.

by the way, you may've snowed some guys here who haven't been around as long or who haven't seen you in tandem with hepcat/foxhound, but i promise you one thing: you have never fooled a single woman on this board.

Flower wrote:For the record, yet again .. I don't/won't debate on BCB because it almost always ends up with personal attacks and name calling.

mwhahahaha. noooo, you never try to debate around here. not on jimbo... not on BLM... never throughout yer history here.

it's not don't/won't. the word yer striving for is can't. yer response to any flak over an idea is always a personal response and not a rational response.

and you will always try to fall back on this stupid, arrogant nonsense. it's laughable. then again, you don't know what laughable means, either. you are the type, like jimbo, like trump, who thinks sneering is humor.

i really don't know what all is behind yer neeeeed to feel superior and intelligent when you are close to nonsensical. yer very transparent defense mechanisms DO have that same whiff of mildew about them.

but i know one thing most of all: it is most definitely YER problem. not mine, not anyone else's.

Flower wrote: I will continue to share articles, etc.

and aren't we all the better off for it? yippeee.

let's get real. you have decided to make a home here becuz this is the only board around that won't ban you. you defended jimbo (not at all in debate-like manner, suuuure) becuz you don't like the idea of a comrade-in-troll getting banned.

you are all about yer own PR on how wonderful, rational and well-behaved you are. but you have already had more than one psycho episode on this board. the first one was with me. that was after you name-dropped me when you came to the board, mwhaha. i can think of at least two others with me, all of them stemming from when i had the nerve to give flak to hepcat/foxhound and when i defended skope after he gave you flak.

i don't care if you have a short, distorted memory. i most certainly do not.

i am gonna nail you every time you try yer horseshit. go ahead and pull in whomever you want to defend you. h/f is probably the only one you can scrounge up, cuz if there is a single soul on this board who trusts you and thinks of you as a real friend in any way, shape or form, they really oughtta know, for their own good.

there is only one woman ever on this board i had serious problems with, and she turned out to be a psycho.

you are the second.

i am sick of yer shit. post all the inane crap you want in inane threads, i don't care about that junk. but you are making a mistake pullin this crap with me in any kind of serious way.

i will make it my mission to nail you.

Flower

Postby Flower » 15 Oct 2020, 12:43

Kath:

YAWN .. what a waste of time. You told me to inject myself with bleach. I really don't have the time for your nonsense and imagined insults on other forums. For the record, I've never attempted to teach anyone (other than one of my pets) anything.

One question? Other than voting and ranting on a music forum about Trump where most of the members can't vote in the States, what are you doing to get him out of office?

Flower

Postby Flower » 15 Oct 2020, 12:53

Sam Stone wrote:Don't worry about that horrid Diamond Dog man and Kath woman being nasty about
your groundbreaking theory that stuff on the internet may not be 100% reliable, Flower

John Fuery .. At least you've stopped PMing me. First it was about how Samoan is so horrible. Next it was to support your "Shittybottom" book and finally about how Jimbo is so horrible. Happy that you stopped, it cheered me up when you stopped PMing. Also, FYI .. Monday was the Canadian Thanksgiving.

Happy Trolling.

kath

Postby kath » 15 Oct 2020, 13:16

Flower wrote:Kath:

YAWN .. what a waste of time. You told me to inject myself with bleach.

yer reading comprehension is just as stellar as ever.

Flower wrote: I really don't have the time for your nonsense and imagined insults on other forums.

my nonsense. my imagined insults on other forums.

mwhahahaha.

christ.

ya know what, flower? you are either too clueless or too much in denial to deal with any history, on this board or any other, that is, shall we say, inconvenient for yer lil rosy image of yerself these days.

it's an amazing thing to watch in someone who is NOT trump.

you have conveniently forgotten not only yer own pyscho history on this here board, but yer very public freakouts on very public forums elsewhere.

in the same way, you seem to have conveniently forgotten that we had a history before this board. you say i don't know you. ohhh, i know you right well. we had some extended time of close contact over there privately. yes, we did.

or maybe yer just counting on the fact that i won't divulge any private information publicly.

you'd be right about that. i don't divulge private information publicly. it's actually a very big deal with me. when the beezle died, i wouldn't even read the texts on her phone becuz i felt like it would be an invasion of her privacy, even though she was gone.

but i swear, if you had one single, solitary brain cell, you'd be thanking yer lucky fucquin stars i don't do that. mwhahaha. oh yes.

alas for you, you don't have a one.

Flower wrote:For the record, I've never attempted to teach anyone (other than one of my pets) anything.

narrator: every time she says "for the record", she is especially full of shit.

Flower wrote:One question? Other than voting and ranting on a music forum about Trump where most of the members can't vote in the States, what are you doing to get him out of office?

ohhhhhhhhhhhh. do go fucque yerself, you hypocritical, snooty, brainless asswad. go run along, brave sir flower. it truly is wise for you to do so.
maybe you can revel with yer other merry, brilliant knights, jimbo and pb.

verily, i am quite sure everyone on this board is convinced by yer amazing brain, yer flawless judgment and yer outstanding character.

oh, and when you do go fucque yerself, make sure you do it in front of a mirror. just yer speed.

kath

Postby kath » 15 Oct 2020, 13:22

Flower wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:Don't worry about that horrid Diamond Dog man and Kath woman being nasty about

John Fuery .. At least you've stopped PMing me. First it was about how Samoan is so horrible. Next it was to support your "Shittybottom" book and finally about how Jimbo is so horrible. Happy that you stopped, it cheered me up when you stopped PMing. Also, FYI .. Monday was the Canadian Thanksgiving.

Happy Trolling.

oh lookie, y'all. look who has zero problems revealing any private information. amazing, huh? so. very. stellar.

also, see my earlier comments on how she uses PMs behind the scenes.

whenever she calls someone else a troll... that's yer tell, folks. projection much?

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 15 Oct 2020, 19:44

Flower wrote:

Happy Trolling.

What a thoroughly unpleasant person you are.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 16 Oct 2020, 01:36

Man, do I have to start reading every thread on BCB? The circle jerk about this conversation on Preludin is hilarious!
"The reason I say Trump won is that he came across as more confident, quicker-witted."
-John Coan on the Presidential debate

kath

Postby kath » 16 Oct 2020, 08:42

Matt Wilson wrote:Man, do I have to start reading every thread on BCB? The circle jerk about this conversation on Preludin is hilarious!

mwhaha.

you don't hafta read every thread. i'll give ya a rundown.

starting with the ban jimbo thread and another thread started by pb, i made it clear that i was sick and tired of the few truly trumpian people on this board. we have enough of that in our world. i did give a warning ahead of time that i would do it if certain asswads persisted. they did. so i decided i would draw my guns and have at.

i'm not talkin about regular assholes or anything. we're all regular assholes, mwhaha. we all get in board flak with each other from time to time.

i'm talking about sumthin else. like mildew in the kitchen walls.

jimbo is really just like trump. all out, all the time, obnoxious, delusional, trolling... and obvious. but there are a few here who are more like senate republicans. they mask their true slithery selves behind a facade of being decent. of being just plain music lovers. or animal lovers with flowers and kittens and sigs about love. in reality? snakes. flower, with a lil help, really exposed herself.

so if just a few people realize they can't trust her... that she will turn on a fucquin dime and post private stuff whenever it suits her... if people are more careful sending her stuff and they watch their backs a lil more... i consider that mission accomplished. mwwhaha.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 16 Oct 2020, 09:08

kath wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:
Man, do I have to start reading every thread on BCB? The circle jerk about this conversation on Preludin is hilarious!

mwhaha.

...regular asshole...

After the kicking I doubtless got (and am probably still getting on from Coan, Skope et al
over at Deludin), I was rather hoping that BCB might offer me some kind of safe space!

Absolutely devastated to wake up and discover I'm being dissed over here, too

kath

Postby kath » 16 Oct 2020, 09:16

Sam Stone wrote:
kath wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:

mwhaha.

...regular asshole...

After the kicking I doubtless got (and am probably still getting on from Coan, Skope et al
over at Deludin), I was rather hoping that BCB might offer me some kind of safe space!

Absolutely devastated to wake up and discover I'm being dissed over here, too

here. have a cinnamon roll.

i have decided the only food group i'm gonna eat from here on out is cinnamon rolls.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 16 Oct 2020, 15:55

That's too bad. I've found over the last four years with Trump in office that I really don't like Republicans. Now you saw how I worded that. I didn't state I don't like Trump-supporting Republicans, I didn't say I don't like radical-right "Christian" Republicans, no - I really can't stand those either - I think I don't like Republicans period. Probably a flaw in my character (What?! Bet you didn't know I had one of those!), and I'm not proud of it, but there ya go. They bug me. In 2020, it's not just a difference in political opinion, it's a deficit of morals, of character, if you will.

So I avoid those threads. I know they're gonna bug me, and I don't want to read Jimbo's rants. To me, he's still the guy who likes Sons of Champlin and lives in Japan. I understand he's pissed everybody off and everything, but I still figure we could probably have a beer or seven and just not talk politics or conspiracy theories. Or maybe we couldn't, I don't know. Maybe he'd still bring it up because he couldn't help himself. I don't really know him.

I don't really know Flower either. She seems nice from what I've read. Doesn't seem the type to start fights, but that's the thing about these Nextdoorland discussions which aren't about music, they're about things we take personally (not that we don't take music personally), and can always take a detour into areas which are sensitive. So again, it's too bad there's all this bickering about stupid stuff. But I understand how it's bound to happen. Ya hang around here every day and shoot the shit about all kinds of topics and naturally it's gonna go off course now and again.

Maybe it's time for some people to take a break for a week or so.
"The reason I say Trump won is that he came across as more confident, quicker-witted."
-John Coan on the Presidential debate

Phenomenal Cat
death on four legs

Postby Phenomenal Cat » 16 Oct 2020, 19:18

Matt Wilson wrote:Maybe it's time for some people to take a break for a week or so.

You first :lol:
kath wrote:i will make it my mission to nail you.

But somehow when you smile, I can brave bad weather.