Critically thinking about the corona virus

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sam Stone

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Sam Stone » 17 Sep 2020, 11:09

The Prof wrote:
I think we can safely say we've found the source of the virus now. If not covid then certainly avian flu. They even call him 'Parrot Face', what could be a bigger clue?

SuperSpreader.

Very, very good in his straight role in Peter Chelsom's splendid Funny Bones and schthill going schtrong at the age of 83

But don't worry, the good old Daily Fail has news of a prophylactic that's even more efficacious than face masks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... ublic.html
Last edited by Sam Stone on 17 Sep 2020, 11:15, edited 2 times in total.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 17 Sep 2020, 11:13

Rorschach wrote:
Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Jimbo ruins everything in Nexdoorland with his endless nonsense. It seems impossible to discuss anything remotely interesting without him puking gibberish all over it. I have him on ignore, which is some help, but other people keep arguing with him (as, of course, they have every right to do) and so the threads rarely manage to get interesting; everyone's just shouting at Jimbo all the time.

Let's face it, he's never going to say anything of genuine interest to anyone with any critical intelligence, and he will never believe anything we or anyone else say that doesn't conform to his pre-held, barmpot position. He can't agree with a view held by any non-crazy person because that would make him not special; he'd just be part of the flock of sheeple; and that he could not abide.

So, listening to him or talking to him are a waste of time (unless you are enjoying the argument) and, I would say, very damaging to these boards.Just putting him on ignore individually is no more effective than being the only one to self-isolate. You may be free from coronajimbo but he still rages around you, making the outside world unsafe and never going away unless everyone else does it.

But theres a vaccine: put Jimbo on ignore.
Don't be an anti-vaxxer.

Then we can get back to fighting among ourselves...

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Sep 2020, 23:53

"Spineless people!"
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 01:22

"Ridiculous level of fear ...Why aren't they looking at the actual figures?"
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 01:52

"Absolute nonsense."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 05:58

"We are being controlled ..."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 06:12

"All this scaremongering done by media and government ... they're using these key phrases to keep you in fear ..."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 09:50

"It's sinister. It really is."

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 18 Sep 2020, 10:07

Rorschach wrote:
Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Jimbo ruins everything in Nexdoorland with his endless nonsense. It seems impossible to discuss anything remotely interesting without him puking gibberish all over it. I have him on ignore, which is some help, but other people keep arguing with him (as, of course, they have every right to do) and so the threads rarely manage to get interesting; everyone's just shouting at Jimbo all the time.

Let's face it, he's never going to say anything of genuine interest to anyone with any critical intelligence, and he will never believe anything we or anyone else say that doesn't conform to his pre-held, barmpot position. He can't agree with a view held by any non-crazy person because that would make him not special; he'd just be part of the flock of sheeple; and that he could not abide.

So, listening to him or talking to him are a waste of time (unless you are enjoying the argument) and, I would say, very damaging to these boards.Just putting him on ignore individually is no more effective than being the only one to self-isolate. You may be free from coronajimbo but he still rages around you, making the outside world unsafe and never going away unless everyone else does it.

But theres a vaccine: put Jimbo on ignore.
Don't be an anti-vaxxer.

Then we can get back to fighting among ourselves...

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 10:22

Sam Stone wrote:Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 13:16

"This lock down, social distancing and now this latest gift, this mask wearing, they've all been forced upon us because of a lie."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 13:30

"It's almost like 1984 where they have to show us there are four lights and then get us to publicly admit that there's five."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2020, 14:20

"I feel really strongly about the act of noncompliance."

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 Sep 2020, 16:03

Jimbo, yesterday:

I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 19 Sep 2020, 01:43

200,000 Americans DEAD

Congratulations Donald

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Sep 2020, 03:00

"They've got us by the balls."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Sep 2020, 03:07

"Failing to speak out is shameful."

Flower

Postby Flower » 24 Sep 2020, 11:58

I love Doug Ford ... Now it's up to our Code Enforcement people to start handing out the tough fines.

More lockdowns possible if Ontario’s coronavirus cases continue to increase, Doug Ford says

https://globalnews.ca/news/7333656/more ... ronavirus/

TORONTO — Parts of Ontario could see another lockdown if the province cannot get a handle on increasing rates of COVID-19, Premier Doug Ford warned Monday as the government reported a daily increase of new cases not seen since early June.

Ford said the recent spike in virus rates over the past two weeks has his government concerned, conceding in his daily media update that he is considering closing down hard-hit areas.

The premier said the lockdowns would be regional, and not mirror the broad approach taken during the first wave of the virus in March.

“We will take every step necessary including further shutdowns,” he said. “The second wave of COVID-19, it’s a scenario that we’ve been preparing for all summer long.”

YAY for Doug!!!
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 25 Sep 2020, 18:13

Is it time for another say 3 week complete lockdown I mean a total lockdown or is there another way?
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Sep 2020, 19:20

I an afraid we have completely blown the idea of getting this thing under some kind of control before flu season. The only thing that makes me feel safe is that I’ll be following the same practices this winter and I’ll have a flu shot circulating so I’m not more concerned about the winter than I am right now.