Critically thinking about the corona virus

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Sep 2020, 21:44

Noel Gallagher: musician, songwriter, and now, scientist.

Is there anything he can't do?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... te-uk-laws

And in other news, Jimbo joins both the Oasis and Stone Roses fan clubs.

I try to avoid basing too much on "consider the source," but no accident that it's only the most annoying, egotistical, spoiled, self-righteous rock stars that are making a public statement of it.

Morrissey will be along in a minute, I'm sure...
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Sep 2020, 03:01

Samoan wrote:I'm just back from getting my Flu shot, administered by the pharmacist.

https://www.bmj.com/content/360/bmj.k15/rr

OFFICIAL DOUBLETALK HIDES SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH FLU SHOT SAFETY AND EFFECTIVENESS

After weeks of brooding about the Donahue article linking flu shots to miscarriages (Vaccine 2017;35:5314) it was with a sense of relief that I read Rob Wipond’s narrative of media attempts to sweep a serious vaccine safety issue under the rug….He points out the hypocrisy (his words were “double standard”) of authorities who dismissed the Donahue paper because it was an “observational study.” Year after year they have quoted observational studies to announce, “…80% vaccine effectiveness…60% effectiveness…40% effectiveness…” They do not mention that these studies make no effort to look for adverse vaccine effects (e.g. narcolepsy, seizures, high fever, oculorespiratory syndrome). They do not mention “negative vaccine effectiveness”, the increase in risk of illness from influenza and non-influenza viruses associated with (or caused by) the vaccines. (Cowling, Clin Inf Dis 2012;54:1778) They do not mention that a vaccine “effective” in one season may increase influenza risk in a subsequent season. (Read about “antibody-dependent enhancement” to understand one explanatory mechanism). They do not mention that the observational studies they refer to are likely to exaggerate vaccine effectiveness in the first place because of the “healthy user effect” well known to epidemiologists.

... the 2008-9 flu shot doubled the risk of illness from the 2009 H1N1 pandemic flu.

The flu season in North America officially began 5 weeks ago, and the vaccine publicity juggernaut is still picking up steam. Manufacturers are hoping to sell 166 million doses in the US this season. One business group predicts an $8 billion US influenza vaccine market by 2025. (Coherent Market Insights, 1/5/18) The 2016-17 vaccine increased the risk of H3N2 illness among UK elderly by 68%, and officials are calling for better vaccines. (Osterholm, NY Times, 1/8/18) Meanwhile, in the absence of any evidence that it would help, officials and ordinary citizens in the US and UK wrangle about flu shot mandates for healthcare workers.

Wipond’s article provided new insight for an old baby doctor who, at one time, was a wholehearted vaccine advocate, but lately has been exasperated by bullying and doubletalk from vaccine authorities. Let us hope that his article helps to sustain an honest discussion about the safety and effectiveness of influenza vaccines.

Allan S. Cunningham 1/9/18
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 16 Sep 2020, 07:43

Jimbo wrote:
Samoan wrote:I'm just back from getting my Flu shot, administered by the pharmacist.

https://www.bmj.com/content/360/bmj.k15/rr

OFFICIAL DOUBLETALK HIDES SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH FLU SHOT SAFETY AND EFFECTIVENESS

After weeks of brooding about the Donahue article linking flu shots to miscarriages (Vaccine 2017;35:5314) it was with a sense of relief that I read Rob Wipond’s narrative of media attempts to sweep a serious vaccine safety issue under the rug….He points out the hypocrisy (his words were “double standard”) of authorities who dismissed the Donahue paper because it was an “observational study.” Year after year they have quoted observational studies to announce, “…80% vaccine effectiveness…60% effectiveness…40% effectiveness…” They do not mention that these studies make no effort to look for adverse vaccine effects (e.g. narcolepsy, seizures, high fever, oculorespiratory syndrome). They do not mention “negative vaccine effectiveness”, the increase in risk of illness from influenza and non-influenza viruses associated with (or caused by) the vaccines. (Cowling, Clin Inf Dis 2012;54:1778) They do not mention that a vaccine “effective” in one season may increase influenza risk in a subsequent season. (Read about “antibody-dependent enhancement” to understand one explanatory mechanism). They do not mention that the observational studies they refer to are likely to exaggerate vaccine effectiveness in the first place because of the “healthy user effect” well known to epidemiologists.

... the 2008-9 flu shot doubled the risk of illness from the 2009 H1N1 pandemic flu.

The flu season in North America officially began 5 weeks ago, and the vaccine publicity juggernaut is still picking up steam. Manufacturers are hoping to sell 166 million doses in the US this season. One business group predicts an $8 billion US influenza vaccine market by 2025. (Coherent Market Insights, 1/5/18) The 2016-17 vaccine increased the risk of H3N2 illness among UK elderly by 68%, and officials are calling for better vaccines. (Osterholm, NY Times, 1/8/18) Meanwhile, in the absence of any evidence that it would help, officials and ordinary citizens in the US and UK wrangle about flu shot mandates for healthcare workers.

Wipond’s article provided new insight for an old baby doctor who, at one time, was a wholehearted vaccine advocate, but lately has been exasperated by bullying and doubletalk from vaccine authorities. Let us hope that his article helps to sustain an honest discussion about the safety and effectiveness of influenza vaccines.

Allan S. Cunningham 1/9/18

09 January 2018
Allan S. Cunningham
Retired pediatrician
Cooperstown NY 13326, USA

No, sorry Jimbo, not a relevant source.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

jimboo wrote:At the age of 57 I had my first pickled egg.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Sep 2020, 08:53

Feel more secure now?

“On at least 3 or 4 occasions in the past week we’ve had to smash the windows of people in cars and pull them out of there so they could provide their details – because they weren’t telling us where they were going; they weren’t adhering to the chief health officer’s guidelines, they weren’t providing their name and their address.”
Shane Patton, Victorian Chief Police Officer 04/08/2020

https://off-guardian.org/2020/09/16/fro ... -to-brown/
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 16 Sep 2020, 08:56

Rorschach wrote:
Re: Put Jimbo on ignore

Jimbo ruins everything in Nexdoorland with his endless nonsense. It seems impossible to discuss anything remotely interesting without him puking gibberish all over it. I have him on ignore, which is some help, but other people keep arguing with him (as, of course, they have every right to do) and so the threads rarely manage to get interesting; everyone's just shouting at Jimbo all the time.

Let's face it, he's never going to say anything of genuine interest to anyone with any critical intelligence, and he will never believe anything we or anyone else say that doesn't conform to his pre-held, barmpot position. He can't agree with a view held by any non-crazy person because that would make him not special; he'd just be part of the flock of sheeple; and that he could not abide.

So, listening to him or talking to him are a waste of time (unless you are enjoying the argument) and, I would say, very damaging to these boards.Just putting him on ignore individually is no more effective than being the only one to self-isolate. You may be free from coronajimbo but he still rages around you, making the outside world unsafe and never going away unless everyone else does it.

But theres a vaccine: put Jimbo on ignore.
Don't be an anti-vaxxer.

Then we can get back to fighting among ourselves...

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 16 Sep 2020, 09:00

Wow, there are violent, out of control cops everywhere! Why that proves...

Nothing. It proves precisely nothing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Sep 2020, 10:27

toomanyhatz wrote:Wow, there are violent, out of control cops everywhere!

To which you doomers placidly acquiesce along with what other inane and fascistic diktats come from the top.

Attention! Masks on! Thumbs up your butts! March!

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 16 Sep 2020, 10:35

excellent.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 16 Sep 2020, 10:37

wait... hatz? did you rename the toadstool?

mwhahahahahaaaa

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Sep 2020, 18:53

Could this get any dumber? Dumberer?

Why Speaking English May Spread More Coronavirus Than Other Languages

New research suggests that English speakers put more droplets into the air when they talk, which may make them more likely to spread COVID-19. Since the novel coronavirus is spread by droplets, how spitty a language is may contribute to different rates of the disease. It all comes down to something called aspirated consonants, the sounds we make that spray more droplets of saliva into the air.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisonesca ... 6896de6eea

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 16 Sep 2020, 19:03

Wow, that's an interesting article. Thanks! Science is fascinating, isn't it? I guess not to some people.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisonesca ... 03fdd6eeaa

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Sep 2020, 19:53

Be less afraid. Be less afraid.

Coronavirus: Real number of Covid patients in hospital in Scotland slashed to 48 after 'overcounting' controversy

THE number of patients in hospital with Covid in Scotland has been slashed from 262 to just 48 following an overhaul in how they are counted.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/187 ... ntroversy/

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Sep 2020, 19:54

From February 15th:

Jimbo wrote:You worried about an epidemic? Here's an epidemic our media don't want you to be worried about. From the Lancet ... okay?

http://biblioteca.asmn.re.it/allegati/l ... 093922.pdf

And this is why the corona virus story is utter horseshit. Even if they tell us 1000, 2000, 3000 people have died, that's nothing compared to a real threat like pneumonia - which kills millions every year. So don't believe the hype, please. I mean they're considering stopping the Tokyo Olympics over this media/pharma fake trifle.

Always worth re-posting it every month.

For info - 29.93 million cases of COVID 19 worldwide and 942,666 deaths up to yesterday.
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 17 Sep 2020, 05:36, edited 1 time in total.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Sep 2020, 02:49

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Sep 2020, 05:07

Ya fuckin' think? :roll:

COVID-19 has hammered home some uncomfortable truths about us as a people... In time it's a fair bet the cure will be seen by many as the real curse, as people whose lives have been destroyed seek retribution. ... the Victorian solution and internal border closures should be counted among those judged as doing much more harm than good ... while it is a serious illness, it is a whole lot less frightening than it is made out to be. ... No matter how hard the death of anyone under 50 is spun, it is so vanishingly rare among Australia's body count as to be close to zero. If you are a woman, it is zero. In Australia there is a far greater statistical chance that someone under 60 will die in a car accident....Of the 816 Australian deaths the vast majority, 606, were in residential aged care... This disease has revealed the character of our leaders and hammered home some uncomfortable truths about us as a people. As a nation we seem comfortable with authoritarianism and too many relish the role of prefect.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/covid-1 ... 55vrb.html

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Sep 2020, 05:27

12 Steps to Create Your Own Pandemic Or How to Turn a Harmless Virus into Boundless Profits for You and Your Friends

Imagine that you had the resources and influence sufficient to create a global pandemic, what would you need to do? How would you get started? And how best to turn it to your advantage and boost your profits?
We have the answers right here. A simple 12 step plan.
https://off-guardian.org/2020/09/17/12- ... -pandemic/

Can you smell the horseshit now?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Sep 2020, 05:33

First Covid Marshalls seen on UK streets in bid to stop the spread

Diamond Dog! Lookin' good bro.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/u ... k-18915588

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 17 Sep 2020, 07:34

Jimbo wrote:Can you smell the horseshit now?

Oh, yes. Very much so.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 17 Sep 2020, 10:24

sorry DP
Last edited by Sam Stone on 17 Sep 2020, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 17 Sep 2020, 10:41

Jimbo wrote:Could this get any dumber? Dumberer?

Why Speaking English May Spread More Coronavirus Than Other Languages

New research suggests that English speakers put more droplets into the air when they talk, which may make them more likely to spread COVID-19. Since the novel coronavirus is spread by droplets, how spitty a language is may contribute to different rates of the disease. It all comes down to something called aspirated consonants, the sounds we make that spray more droplets of saliva into the air.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisonesca ... 6896de6eea

I think we can safely say we've found the source of the virus now. If not covid then certainly avian flu. They even call him 'Parrot Face', what could be a bigger clue?

SuperSpreader.