Critically thinking about the corona virus

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2020, 02:36

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’m at work and can’t post specific things from this but this doctor writes really well and her articles are spot on

https://www.google.com/amp/s/drbartlett ... ry-11/amp/


Thanks for that. It is an interesting blog and normally I would go along because I follow the writer's reasoning - if not for what I'd heard in the alternative news and then confirmed in the New Your Times that the current covid tests are horseshit. I posted it earlier and obviously you missed it so here it is again.

Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

The usual diagnostic tests may simply be too sensitive and too slow to contain the spread of the virus.

In three sets of testing data that include cycle thresholds, compiled by officials in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada, up to 90 percent of people testing positive carried barely any virus, a review by The Times found.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/heal ... sting.html

With a confirmation like this out here how is it that one can conclude with confidence that covid-19 was at the root of anyone's death or illness?
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2020, 04:03

Whoops!

Joe Biden Admits His National Mask Mandate Idea Is Unconstitutional

On Monday, 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden admitted that his proposal to implement a national mask mandate is unconstitutional.

Time and again, Biden has called for a federal mandate and often points out how such an action was a prime example of how he would handle the coronavirus pandemic differently as president than Donald Trump has.

Biden has repeatedly said Trump “failed to act,” but also admitted to CBS 5 in Arizona, “There’s a constitutional issue whether the federal government can issue such a mandate.” https://theunionjournal.com/joe-biden-a ... itutional/
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

User avatar
Sam Stone
Posts: 2149
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Sam Stone » 09 Sep 2020, 09:47

Jimbo wrote:
Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

The usual diagnostic tests may simply be too sensitive and too slow to contain the spread of the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/heal ... sting.html




If only you'd broken your lifelong habit of lazily posting links whose headlines vaguely reflect your twisted views
and actually read the article you are citing.


In para three it clearly states:


Instead, new data underscore the need for more widespread use of rapid tests, even if they are less sensitive.


Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2020, 09:59

Sam Stone wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

The usual diagnostic tests may simply be too sensitive and too slow to contain the spread of the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/heal ... sting.html




If only you'd broken your lifelong habit of lazily posting links whose headlines vaguely reflect your twisted views
and actually read the article you are citing.


In para three it clearly states:


Instead, new data underscore the need for more widespread use of rapid tests, even if they are less sensitive.



Which is meaningless. Or maybe you can explain how while these nonexistent rapid tests are "less sensitive" we need more of them.

While I credit the NYT for pointing out that the tests are generally shit they are still the NEW YORK TIMES and so need to hew to the mainstream narrative even as they debunk it.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2020, 10:22

Coronavirus: Social gatherings of more than six people to be banned in England from Monday

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... y-12066910

And you approve of this horseshit? If you don't, next time there's a Trafalgar, or wherever else there's a demonstration, go.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

User avatar
Sam Stone
Posts: 2149
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Sam Stone » 09 Sep 2020, 10:28

Jimbo wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
If only you'd broken your lifelong habit of lazily posting links whose headlines vaguely reflect your twisted views
and actually read the article you are citing.


In para three it clearly states:


Instead, new data underscore the need for more widespread use of rapid tests, even if they are less sensitive.



Which is meaningless. Or maybe you can explain how while these nonexistent rapid tests are "less sensitive" we need more of them.

.


Nice try, J, but not my job to justify the contents of the articles you cite without bothering to read.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2020, 10:36

The 16 symptoms of 'long COVID' as study reveals 60,000 people have been ill for three months
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/symptoms-long ... 40083.html


:lol:

Long COVID? That is one wily motherfuckin' virus, man.

Ya see how they keep ramping up the fear, adding symptoms, new terms, piling on more and more and more horseshit.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 24073
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: Insanity filled foxhole

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Deebank » 09 Sep 2020, 11:22

Who are 'they'?

I have a friend who got Covid early on and he now suffers from a bunch of things - shortness of breath being the major one. He was complaining about this before they coined the twerm 'Long Covid'.

Is he one of 'Them'?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12645
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Geezee » 09 Sep 2020, 11:35

Jimbo wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

The usual diagnostic tests may simply be too sensitive and too slow to contain the spread of the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/heal ... sting.html




If only you'd broken your lifelong habit of lazily posting links whose headlines vaguely reflect your twisted views
and actually read the article you are citing.


In para three it clearly states:


Instead, new data underscore the need for more widespread use of rapid tests, even if they are less sensitive.



Which is meaningless. Or maybe you can explain how while these nonexistent rapid tests are "less sensitive" we need more of them.

While I credit the NYT for pointing out that the tests are generally shit they are still the NEW YORK TIMES and so need to hew to the mainstream narrative even as they debunk it.



Yes and most importantly while we are it we need to get rid of pregnancy tests. This is critical. I can't stress that enough. Like the COVID19 antigen tests, they are not 100% so why would taking 2-3 tests make any difference? In doing so we can also hope to remove the scourge of abortions, while simultaneously increasing risks to women's health all around the world, which brings with it obvious benefits for all to see. Keep fighting the good fight.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12645
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Geezee » 09 Sep 2020, 11:40

Jimbo wrote:
The 16 symptoms of 'long COVID' as study reveals 60,000 people have been ill for three months
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/symptoms-long ... 40083.html


:lol:

Long COVID? That is one wily motherfuckin' virus, man.

Ya see how they keep ramping up the fear, adding symptoms, new terms, piling on more and more and more horseshit.


Indeed and although one could be under the mistaken impression that the fear is mainly felt by conspiracy theorists, the ignorant masses somehow believe that this actually leads to compassion which in turn leads to providing improved and adequate care for all victims. Plain for everyone to see that this gets us nowhere and only leads to people getting better treatment and leading longer, ignorant lives.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28801
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Sep 2020, 20:37

Yeah, yeah...CNN, fake news, etc.

Nonetheless, this is President Virus, in his own words, publicly downplaying the seriousness of something he's privately admitted to recognizing.

Not that it'll make a bit of difference to his supporters, but maybe things might have gone a little differently had his ego not been priority #1?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... -politics/
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 69077
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Sep 2020, 21:56

Biden's response to the admission by Trump (above). That's your President, Jimbo. Happy?

On the day that we hit 190,000 dead in the United States because of Covid-19, we just learned from the Washington Post columnist Bob Woodward that the president of the United States admitted, on tape, in February he knew about Covid-19. That it passed through the air. He knew how deadly it was. It was much more deadly than the flu. He knew and purposely played it down.

Worse, he lied to the American people. He knowingly and willingly lied about the threat it posed to the country, for months. He had the information. He knew how dangerous it was, and while this deadly disease ripped through our nation, he failed to do his job — on purpose. It was a life and death betrayal of the American people. Experts say that if he had acted just just one week sooner, 36,000 people would have been saved. If he acted two weeks sooner, back in March, 54,000 lives would have been spared, in March and April alone.

You know, his failure has not only costs lives, it has sent our economy into a tailspin. It cost millions more in American livelihoods. This is a recession created by Donald Trump’s negligence. And he is unfit for this job as a consequence of it.

How many schools aren’t open right now? How many kids are starting a new school year the same way they ended the last one — at home. How many parents feel abandoned and overwhelmed? How many frontline workers are exhausted and pushed to the limits? And how many families are missing loved ones at their dinner table tonight because of his failures?

It’s beyond despicable. It’s a dereliction of duty. It’s a disgrace.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Six String
Posts: 21033
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Six String » 10 Sep 2020, 00:02

He should be put in stocks on the WH lawn so people could slap him, spit on him and other horrid things before being led off to prison for the rest of his life.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 10 Sep 2020, 01:15

Re: "Fake News"

Quote

Postby toomanyhatz » Yesterday, 19:05
From the Biden thread:

Jimbo wrote:

Mike Boom wrote:
Misrepresenting the numbers of people dead from the virus



Yeah how? I heard about this and the newest CDC death numbers are waaaaay down and waaaay different than they have been portrayed on the panicky lying media. But because Trump retweeted the it immediately is made moot, a misrepresentation. I need you to back up this claim.



And this, friends, is the very definition of "Fake News."

https://www.nny360.com/communitynews/he ... e9098.html


Indeed, Hatz's citation is fake news. Looks like a real newspaper, etc., but is full of shit.

The headline:
CDC data: Experts say new COVID death toll report widely misinterpreted
Not wrong but "misinterpreted." Was the data misinterpreted? I guess that depends on your interpretation. Whatever, the CDC info is sloppily presented. At least Minnie's blog refuting this same "misinterpretation" had the guts to say doctors were too lazy to properly fill out the death certificates.

And then there is this fake news.
The posts, which have been shared by supporters of the pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy theory
And no one else? Did this piece of crap, clearly anti-Trump newspaper do a survey to see who exactly misinterpreted the data? Looks that way. Gee, only Trump and QAnon followers.

And then there is the lying by omission when the newspaper dives in for its interpretation of the data. Died with COVID/ of Covid, they had health problems and the COVID made them worse blah blah blah, but what were the ages of those who died? Know what kills a lot of people? Old age. Old age and co-morbidities, forget about it. Tomato-tomaaaato, call it COVID and the hospital gets a big bonus! :roll:

And lastly, they are ignoring the best data for my side since it was gifted to us from on high, from the New York Times.
Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.
THE TESTS ARE HORSESHIT.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28801
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Sep 2020, 01:50

Jimbo wrote:
The posts, which have been shared by supporters of the pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy theory
And no one else? Did this piece of crap, clearly anti-Trump newspaper do a survey to see who exactly misinterpreted the data? Looks that way. Gee, only Trump and QAnon followers.


Yep. Absofuckinglootely. Or conspiracy nitwits like you. Everyone else is smart enough to see through the bullshit. Find me a non-Trump or conspiracy nut quoting it as fact if you doubt it. Just one.

THE TESTS ARE HORSESHIT.


Yes, we know you think this. You can shut the fuck up about it already.

Every single person here but you - yes, EVERY SINGLE ONE - is going to look to medical professionals for the truth, not you or your basement-dwelling "sources."

I keep waiting for you to keep your promise of leaving the subject alone. But I guess you don't have much else to do.

Maybe try a music thread? You at least sometimes know your ass from a hole in the ground on that subject.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 10 Sep 2020, 02:37

Image

Chill out dude. Just having a discussion of a topic which is undoubtedly out here and effecting many peoples lives and livelihoods. I happen to think it is horseshit and you don't.

I mean, think about it. It wasn't long ago (but it feels like ages) when I could go to a concert and yell and whoop and sing along with some hundreds of fellow whoopers while all of us were packed like sardines in some hot shitty space. Never once had I left a place like that with even a cold or a sniffle. Never once was I warned of any danger. None. Never. And now, it really is Brave New World and I really don't like it.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28801
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Sep 2020, 03:08

Jimbo wrote:Just having a discussion


Now that's what I call some grade-A, prime horseshit.

I mean, think about it. It wasn't long ago (but it feels like ages) when I could go to a concert and yell and whoop and sing along with some hundreds of fellow whoopers while all of us were packed like sardines in some hot shitty space. Never once had I left a place like that with even a cold or a sniffle. Never once was I warned of any danger. None. Never. And now, it really is Brave New World and I really don't like it.


"So therefore, I conclude that I have to blame a worldwide conspiracy for the fact that I no longer have the privileges I used to have."

Yep, I totally get your...um...logic.

It's only when you say you're doing it out of compassion for anyone or any interest in the truth (which you wouldn't know if it bit you in the ass anyway) that I feel the need to call you out. Maybe if you'd just admit that you're a selfish bastard mainly interested in serving your own ego (who does that remind me of?) I might be able to default to 'two civilized adults having a debate.'

Not sure why I keep trying, but we all have our little eccentricities...
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 10 Sep 2020, 03:34

toomanyhatz wrote: Maybe if you'd just admit that you're a selfish bastard mainly interested in serving your own ego ...


Guilty! I am selfish. I eat well, live in a nice apartment, sleep with the air conditioner on ... And people are dying somewhere.

I was thinking about this accusation you make every once in a while :roll: and thought about how Tip O'Neil had said something like all politics are local. He meant I think that if you the politician don't first satisfy your local constituency you surely won't satisfy the much larger national group. But then I thought - and maybe it is a sign of the times - that all politics are personal. I am selfish and I want what I want so, Mr/Ms politician, gimme my stuff or I won't support you.

But not you Hatz. You are an Albert Schweitzer compared to a selfish Trumpian like me. I truly am not worthy to discuss this with you. (Exits bowing)
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead
Posts: 18043
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 10 Sep 2020, 03:59

JOLT!

Know the flu-COVID comparisons are a doomer no-go zone but ...

Sep 9, 2020

Flu is killing more people than Covid19, and has been for months


I like this bit.

“Ah”, some of your may be saying, “this is just evidence that the lockdown, social distancing and masks have worked.”

But that is obviously not the case. Clearly, if these measures did anything to halt viral transmission, the flu deaths would have gone down as well. They have not. They are right in line with the five-year average.


So ... what? Is the author wrong?

https://off-guardian.org/2020/09/09/flu ... or-months/
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28801
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Sep 2020, 04:27

Jimbo wrote:I like this bit.


No kidding.

“Ah”, some of your may be saying, “this is just evidence that the lockdown, social distancing and masks have worked.”

But that is obviously not the case. Clearly, if these measures did anything to halt viral transmission, the flu deaths would have gone down as well. They have not. They are right in line with the five-year average.


So ... what? Is the author wrong?


Wrong is not a strong enough word.

"It doesn't work for what you don't say it works for, so it obviously doesn't work for what you do say it works for."

They should hire you as a writer. That is the Jimboest thing I've ever heard in my life.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?