Gevalia Instant Gold

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Gevalia Instant Gold

Postby GoogaMooga » 20 Mar 2020, 17:10

I am taking a drastic step today, switching to coffee. Cup of kworfee. Tastes awful, but Pepsi makes me fall asleep all the time, when my blood sugar level plummets. I'll reserve the Pepsi-Cola for special occasions, festive moments. It is a necessary step, I wasn't getting any work done, slept through all the movies, enough of that now. I am drinking medium roasted Gevalia Instant Gold ("round and mild"), with two teaspoonfuls of sugar and some milk. Tomorrow I will get coffee cream to make it even milder. With renewed energy, I will move mountains, as we say in Danish.

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Flower

Re: Gevalia Instant Gold

Postby Flower » 20 Mar 2020, 18:48

Don't drink bad coffee ..... if you can help it.

http://nordiccoffeeculture.com/black-coffee-in-denmark/

Coffee in Denmark has for a long time been synonymous with large quantities of filter coffee. There was practically not a household in Denmark without a filter coffee machine. Unfortunately, filter coffee has gotten a bad reputation in Denmark, despite the fact that it can actually be one of the most pleasant brewing methods.

There’s a tendency in Denmark for people, especially in the specialty coffee world, to look down on filter coffee as simply being synonymous with bad tasting or plain boring coffee.

But why? Simply because most of the coffee brewed this way was and is from very cheap commercial supermarket coffee, it often contains lots of lower quality coffees with many defects. the dominant flavours of which are quite unpleasant: bitter, burnt and rubbery are words that come to mind. Add to that the fact that the supermarket coffee is often ground very finely, to allow you to use a lower dose and still attain some strength in the brew, you end up with a really overextracted and bitter coffee.

Find a different brand of instant if you can't stand the brand that you are drinking.

Speak to your doctor. Find out if drinking orange juice or eating a banana would be better than drinking Pepsi. Ask his advice and for his recommendations.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 20 Mar 2020, 19:47

It's harsh and rough on the stomach, as if my stomach is tied into a knot. I'll see if the coffee cream will make it milder. Zilth Pilchards says maybe I'll get accustomed to it, get hardened over time.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Mar 2020, 20:42

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 Mar 2020, 03:51

I haven't slept a wink. Too coffee-sensitive, it's like speed. I'll try orange juice. That was good enough for me in high school.