Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia
Posts: 45803
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby The Prof » 19 Mar 2020, 15:52

Who's statement?

I was disagreeing with the statement.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68780
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Mar 2020, 16:02

The Prof wrote:Who's statement?

I was disagreeing with the statement.


I meant this, sorry John.

Robert wrote:As it stands now, the chance of anyone dying from this is as big as you winning the lottery. Get a fucking grip and grab a Cultcoke.
I still think almost everyone is wrong and I am right.
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
As silver tears they weave and lace, Sad patterns upon her face

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 7497
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Flower » 19 Mar 2020, 16:09

“The Man” wrote:If any of us is unfortunate enough to fall victim to Covid 19, let's all hope and pray we suffer the "mild" scratch card rather than the full-on El Gordo version.


Agreed.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia
Posts: 45803
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby The Prof » 19 Mar 2020, 16:25

Diamond Dog wrote:
The Prof wrote:Who's statement?

I was disagreeing with the statement.


I meant this, sorry John.

Robert wrote:As it stands now, the chance of anyone dying from this is as big as you winning the lottery. Get a fucking grip and grab a Cultcoke.


I thought so!

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 1254
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Robert » 19 Mar 2020, 20:55

Diamond Dog wrote:
The Prof wrote:1 in 45,057,474


Which is more than 20,167?

So, if we assume you meant 'first prize' in the lottery (whoever talks about winning the lottery and meaning fourth prize?) your statement was, factually, incorrect.

:lol: :lol:


Or let’s not assume anything and just practice some relativism.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 55506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby C » 19 Mar 2020, 21:46

Robert wrote:0.000495%, that is one in 20,167 people.
The odds to win the 4th price in the Swedish lottery are 1 : 847


It's not fair odds though

Age and infirmity are significant factors for the older BCB-ers amongst us

The severity of the dose can kill many of us elderly folk








.
Colin Occupants wrote:"Ooof! Tubs! etc"

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 1254
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Robert » 19 Mar 2020, 22:08

C wrote:
Robert wrote:0.000495%, that is one in 20,167 people.
The odds to win the 4th price in the Swedish lottery are 1 : 847


It's not fair odds though

Age and infirmity are significant factors for the older BCB-ers amongst us

The severity of the dose can kill many of us elderly folk








.


That’s taken on board. The average age of Italian deaths because of Corina is 79.5 years old. 95% had other illnesses.

User avatar
KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23796
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby KeithPratt » 20 Mar 2020, 07:52

Diamond Dog wrote:I'll be celebrating if certain people don't, if that helps?



That is pitifully heartless. Have a fucking word with yourself.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68780
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Mar 2020, 09:11

KeithPratt wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:I'll be celebrating if certain people don't, if that helps?



That is pitifully heartless. Have a fucking word with yourself.


You sanctimonious knob. Do you honestly think that was for real? Maybe I need to use those dumb emoji's for the more stupid members of the board.
I still think almost everyone is wrong and I am right.
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
As silver tears they weave and lace, Sad patterns upon her face

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 7214
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Darkness_Fish » 20 Mar 2020, 10:33

So, anyway, is winning the lottery contagious then? I'm willing to rub myself up and down against a lucky bastard. Which I guess means they've been doubly lucky.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 7497
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Flower » 20 Mar 2020, 11:13

Darkness_Fish wrote:So, anyway, is winning the lottery contagious then? I'm willing to rub myself up and down against a lucky bastard. Which I guess means they've been doubly lucky.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

“The Man”
Posts: 1489
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby “The Man” » 20 Mar 2020, 12:36

Robert wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
The Prof wrote:1 in 45,057,474


Which is more than 20,167?

So, if we assume you meant 'first prize' in the lottery (whoever talks about winning the lottery and meaning fourth prize?) your statement was, factually, incorrect.

:lol: :lol:


Or let’s not assume anything and just practice some relativism.



Fuck relativism.

The only things I'm practicing are sound personal hygiene and social distancing

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 55506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby C » 20 Mar 2020, 16:40

.
Last edited by C on 20 Mar 2020, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
Colin Occupants wrote:"Ooof! Tubs! etc"

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 55506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby C » 20 Mar 2020, 16:41

.
Colin Occupants wrote:"Ooof! Tubs! etc"

“The Man”
Posts: 1489
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby “The Man” » 20 Mar 2020, 17:00

You can say that again

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 7497
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Flower » 21 Mar 2020, 11:51

C wrote:.



C! The same thing happened to me. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 14377
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: Zummerzet
Contact:

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Rayge » 21 Mar 2020, 13:23

I'm not going to celebrate if I don't
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2247
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Rorschach » 22 Mar 2020, 16:46

Diamond Dog wrote:
KeithPratt wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:I'll be celebrating if certain people don't, if that helps?



That is pitifully heartless. Have a fucking word with yourself.


You sanctimonious knob. Do you honestly think that was for real? Maybe I need to use those dumb emoji's for the more stupid members of the board.


Well I really will celebrate if some people that I consider to be utter arseholes die of this virus. Or anything else. There are plenty of people I'd like to put up against a wall and have shot for that matter.

Maybe it's because I'm an idealist.

I don't understand this idea that you shouldn't wish death on people you hate. It's not like it's going to increase the chances of them dying, is it.
Unfortunately.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2247
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Rorschach » 22 Mar 2020, 16:47

Rayge wrote:I'm not going to celebrate if I don't


Good point.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez
Posts: 37580
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 20:02
Location: The Good, the Bad, both ugly
Contact:

Re: Are you going to celebrate if you come out of this crisis alive?

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 22 Mar 2020, 17:16

What is there to celebrate? If, and I say if, we survive we were probably just lucky.


Maybe I'll buy a scratch card then.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod


Image