Happy St. Patrick's Day!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Postby Flower » 17 Mar 2020, 11:17

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hope that things will be back to normal next year. I loved catching cabbages (and giving them away) on Magazine Street. I don't miss the "amateurs" getting drunk on green beer. I do miss going out for Irish Stew or Corned Beef and Cabbage. BUT I want to live to see future St. Patrick Days.

St. Patrick's Day revelers flouted instructions to stay at home during the outbreak of the new coronavirus, defiantly filling up bars in cities across the country and hopping between haunts.

Posts on social media revealed that many revelers were refusing to follow social distancing guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19 and stay in on Saturday, with bars reportedly "packed" in cities including New York, Chicago, New Orleans, and Washington, D.C.

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell tweeted a screenshot of a live video that showed police disbanding a crowd outside a bar called Tracey's on Saturday, just hours after the city announced its first COVID-19 death.

https://www.newsweek.com/st-patricks-fl ... rs-1492376
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Postby Jimbo » 17 Mar 2020, 13:06

Flower wrote: just hours after the city announced its first COVID-19 death.

— a 58-year-old with underlying health conditions

:roll:

Happy St. Pats Day everyone. Wish I were back in the states on one of the greatest American holidays.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

“The Man”

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Postby “The Man” » 18 Mar 2020, 10:32

Jimbo wrote:
Flower wrote: just hours after the city announced its first COVID-19 death.

— a 58-year-old with underlying health conditions

:roll:

Happy St. Pats Day everyone. Wish I were back in the states on one of the greatest American holidays.

Not just unthinking and uncaring, thick as mince