Sanders
30%
Biden
70%

Total votes: 10

“The Man”

Re: Who beats Trump best Bernie or Joe?

Postby “The Man” » 12 Mar 2020, 09:43

Serious question: What on earth has happened to all the younger. more passionate/inspirational politicians in their 40s and 50s - the JFKs, the Obamas? Jesus, even Dubya - hardly a beacon of liberalism - was only 54 when he took office.

While Pete B made a good showing and is one to watch for the future, almost everyone else in a race to lead the world's largest democracy at a time when energetic, positive leadership would seem to be vital are tired old men in their mid- to late-70s.

It's getting to be like the USSR or China in the 70s when each new geriatric octogenarian who assumed high office was described as a "young, forward-thinking reformer."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Mar 2020, 13:10

You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Mar 2020, 16:58

Wow, Consortium News is just making shit up now! Cool.

The notion that Biden's and Trump's policies or record are identical on any of those subjects is absolutely laughable.

And again, this is no defense of Biden, but it basically amounts to Trump apologia on the "Obama also put kids in cages" level. No he didn't, at least not on any vaguely equivalent level.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Mar 2020, 20:39

Making shit up “now?” As opposed to when?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Mar 2020, 05:24

An exaggeration? Sure, but as usual you Hillary-bots purposefully miss the larger point which is that Biden and Trump are politically closer than Bernie. If you want a continuation - more or less - of Trump, vote for Biden.
Last edited by Jimbo on 13 Mar 2020, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Mar 2020, 06:03

Jimbo wrote:An exaggeration? Sure, but as usual you Hillary-bots purposefully miss the larger point which is that Biden and Trump are politically closer than Bernie. If you want a continuation - more or less - of Trump vote for Biden.

Which makes your championing of Sanders even more bizarre, considering how you blew smoke up Trump's arse throughout the whole of 2016 and have basically continued to do so the following four years.
I still think almost everyone is wrong and I am right.
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
As silver tears they weave and lace, Sad patterns upon her face

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Mar 2020, 08:56

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:An exaggeration? Sure, but as usual you Hillary-bots purposefully miss the larger point which is that Biden and Trump are politically closer than Bernie. If you want a continuation - more or less - of Trump vote for Biden.

Which makes your championing of Sanders even more bizarre, considering how you blew smoke up Trump's arse throughout the whole of 2016 and have basically continued to do so the following four years.

Me Wuv Twump! :D

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 Mar 2020, 19:11

Jimbo wrote:Biden and Trump are politically closer than Bernie. If you want a continuation - more or less - of Trump, vote for Biden.

A) Bullshit.
B) Even if true, there are issues with Trump that are not political. Such as the fact that he's completely selfish and putting his personal needs ahead of the country's. Repeatedly. Openly.

I can say with complete confidence that anyone - be it Biden, Hillary, Obama, George W. or the ghost of Richard Nixon - would have actually paid attention to the WHO without going maverick and risking American lives.

Seriously, time to drop the bullshit.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Mar 2020, 20:24

Jimbo wrote:Image

“The Man”

!

Postby “The Man” » 14 Mar 2020, 10:16

If Covid is still hanging around come November or starts showing signs of returning with an even deadlier second wave a la Asian Flu in 1918, It'll be interesting to see if Orangey attempts (decides even!) to delay the Presidential election. Fuck, he might even do it if he gets voted out and Covid is still with us when it's time to hand over to POTUS 46

Jimbo

Re: !

Postby Jimbo » 14 Mar 2020, 10:53

“The Man” wrote:If Covid is still hanging around come November or starts showing signs of returning with an even deadlier second wave a la Asian Flu in 1918, It'll be interesting to see if Orangey attempts (decides even!) to delay the Presidential election. Fuck, he might even do it if he gets voted out and Covid is still with us when it's time to hand over to POTUS 46

If ... starts showing signs ... It'll ... he might even ...

Not defending Trump but I am asking for honesty. Speculation and fretting about what might happen is what is at the core of this mess, much more than any real virus. What has Trump actually done and/or actually not done re the virus?

Diamond Dog

Re: !

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Mar 2020, 11:02

Jimbo wrote:Not defending Trump but I.....

...am just about to do so, as I have now for the best part of four/five years. Without question or conscience, generally.

“The Man”

Postby “The Man” » 14 Mar 2020, 12:28

“The Man” wrote:
If Covid is still hanging around come November or starts showing signs of returning with an even deadlier second wave a la Asian Flu in 1918, It'll be interesting to see if Orangey attempts (decides even!) to delay the Presidential election. Fuck, he might even do it if he gets voted out and Covid is still with us when it's time to hand over to POTUS 46

Jimbo wrote:
Not defending Trump but I am asking for honesty. Speculation and fretting about what might happen is what is at the core of this mess, much more than any real virus. What has Trump actually done and/or actually not done re the virus?

Bit rich coming from someone who has spent the last god-knows-how-many years speculating and fretting about some vast imagined global conspiracy.

Is it really only a few hours since you were defending your latest crackpot theory that a virus that is almost certainly going to kill vast numbers of people and throw millions more out of work had been engineered by "Big Pharma" to make a few bucks?

The key word you missed in my post about Orangey was "attempt(ed)".

Given the egregious greed and arrogance of a man you have consistently defended these last four years, my point was a perfectly valid one.

Having seen what Xi has done in China and Putin is in the process of doing in Russia, only someone as adrift from reality as yourself could seriously suggest the thought of making himself POTUS for life hasn't crossed his mind.

Ironic, isn't it, that the real crimes and disasters that are taking place in this world are the ones that you instantly dismiss.
Last edited by “The Man” on 14 Mar 2020, 16:52, edited 3 times in total.

“The Man”

Re:Who beats Trump best Bernie or Joe?

Postby “The Man” » 14 Mar 2020, 16:42

sorry, DP