Corona State of Mind

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Re: Corona State of Mind

Postby Deebank » 04 Mar 2020, 20:44

We couldn’t afford Corona from the Corona lorry and then we got a fucking Sodastream :x
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Mar 2020, 20:46

I told Baron if the worst comes to the worst we just wipe our arses with towels, in the shower, then wash the towels. It’s no biggie.

He slowly unfurled his fingers from mine just at that moment!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 04 Mar 2020, 20:51

Get busy with the fizzy.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » 04 Mar 2020, 21:11

Deebank wrote:Get busy with the fizzy.

They're good if you just like fizzy water though. No one sells the gas refills now except Argos, and the fuckers are always sold out.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 04 Mar 2020, 21:18

Minnie the Minx wrote:Or a kettle.

Now THAT'S classy!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 04 Mar 2020, 21:40

Chuck wrote:

They're good if you just like fizzy water though. No one sells the gas refills now except Argos, and the fuckers are always sold out.

They still make them Chas.. an Israeli company in the occupied West Bank bought the rights.

So they’re not popular with lefty snowflakes like me.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » 04 Mar 2020, 22:24

Deebank wrote:
Chuck wrote:

They still make them Chas.. an Israeli company in the occupied West Bank bought the rights.

So they’re not popular with lefty snowflakes like me.

:) Fizzing Zion! I didn't know that.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » 05 Mar 2020, 05:58

Deebank wrote:So they’re not popular with lefty snowflakes like me.

Good news comrade - you can relax a little bit;

Until 2015, its principal manufacturing facility was located in the Mishor Adumim industrial park in the West Bank, creating controversy and a boycott campaign.[12][13][14] In October 2015, under pressure from BDS activists, SodaStream closed its factory in Ma'ale Adumim and moved to a new facility in Lehavim,[15] and was therefore forced to lay off more than 500 Palestinian workers.[16][17] This is now known as the Island of Peace and has both Jewish and Muslim workers, working side by side.

Phew.

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Mar 2020, 19:08

I've been to three different grocery stores this week and haven't seen any empty or even moderately depleted shelves being reported these days. These aren't big box stores and only one was part of a major chain so I don't know if that is a factor or not. Reading about the run on bottled water made me a little sad thinking of all the plastic.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 05 Mar 2020, 21:02

The shelves here have been depleted of toilet paper, rice and hand sanitizers. Woolworths announced it will now enforce a limit on the number of units people can purchase.
Crazy.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 05 Mar 2020, 23:02

never/ever wrote:The shelves here have been depleted of toilet paper, rice and hand sanitizers. Woolworths announced it will now enforce a limit on the number of units people can purchase.
Crazy.

We had a limit of two items only. 2 bags of toilet roll or 2 bags or rice or 1 toilet roll/1 rice.
The limit has been lifted now that stocks are back to normal.

Masks still sell at hugely inflated prices though.
Last edited by trans-chigley express on 06 Mar 2020, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Mar 2020, 06:24

On the news here was a report of someone on Amazon selling a pump of Purell for $43! A bar of soap is more effective and is super cheap. Tslk about poorly infomed. I don't like the feel of those hand sanitizers, at least the ones hospitals use. I always used soap instead of hand sanitizers when I worked unless there was no other way. Sometimes it is necessary but otherwise it was soap and water.

Much like hydration most people under perform. Common sense prevails (or not).

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 06 Mar 2020, 10:40

My advice would be to make sure you have plenty of paracetamol available, for basic symptom control.
Mortality is highest in the elderly, so avoid visiting elderly relatives-they are most vulnerable.
Children are relatively safe.

Hand hygiene appears to be very important. Contact with contaminated surfaces is unavoidable. Soap, sanitiser, whatever you've got available.
Get out of the habit of touching your face.

It's arrived, and the whatever healthcare system you have is likely to be overwhelmed. The best we can do is slow the spread so that the impact happens over a longer period of time.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Mar 2020, 17:15

It's so strange that within less than a month, the new normal on meeting new people in formal and business settings is not to shake hands.
In it's place the Namaste greeting or the hand on heart, as used in the hearing- impaired community seems to be gathering popularity.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Mar 2020, 21:16

Jimbo wrote:Fake news IMO.

Fake news is getting pretty effing real now that the National Guard has been deployed to a suburb 18 miles north of Midtown Manhattan.

We're being trained to work from home in the event of a "lockdown," and if they close the schools, I'm taking the family out of the city.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Mar 2020, 14:01

We were at the airport yesterday which at this time of year is normally teeming. It was surreal to see it so quiet.
In better news, the rodeo has been cancelled, so all the folk who were planning on going will have to go home and terrify, cattle prod and agitate their own pets instead.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 Mar 2020, 16:00

Last night only about six people showed for trivia at Two Rivers Cider so it was canceled. Jeff and I brought our instruments so we played music instead. We usually play a bit after trivia but we were able to get our playing in well before closing time.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 14 Mar 2020, 12:54

The petrol station was no more busy in car numbers than usual this morning but the queues moved very slowly as people were filling up jerry cans with fuel (one guy had three on the go) as well as their vehicles.

They were also unexpectedly selling 24 x multipacks of loo roll to drivers.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 14 Mar 2020, 17:54

Fonz wrote:Mortality is highest in the elderly, so avoid visiting elderly relatives-they are most vulnerable.

But...but...I want to see you one last time. :(
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 14 Mar 2020, 18:27