Corona State of Mind

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Re: Corona State of Mind

Postby Deebank » 03 Apr 2020, 09:31

Jimbo wrote:It is hard for me to assume the whole world (and my sports club) is shutting down (then getting sold off for pennies on the dollar) over what is basically a yearly bio-medical event. But that is what our media are telling us so it must be at least partly true. Smoke. Fire. However, I have shown you a few examples of things which contradict what our media are saying re Covid-19. The chart below is another example. It is a European mortality chart and the bottom most country is UK where you can see there were more deaths in Week 03 of 2118 than happening now during this fake IMO crisis. Were all the maddening measures of today taken in 2118? Don't thin' so, Lucy. If you can stop your eyes from rolling out of their sockets, look at the mortality rates in other places, especially at Europe's Ground Zero, Italy. Deaths were much higher in 2016 than now. I ain't buying it.

Rush's robust Ayn Rand inspired sequel to 2112? :?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Apr 2020, 09:37

Lord Rother wrote:France 1355 dead yesterday. :o

Maybe they decided to shoot them instead to free up some beds.

Yes 'cos they shoot people in France don;t they. :roll:

I had a degree of sympathy with your criticism of my bro's crass enthusiasm for Prince Charles's infection. I've no great love for Charles but I wouldn't wish Covid-19 on anyone.

I never had you down as a gammon.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 03 Apr 2020, 11:36

Deebank wrote:

I had a degree of sympathy with your criticism of my bro's crass enthusiasm for Prince Charles's infection. I've no great love for Charles but I wouldn't wish Covid-19 on anyone.

Oh blimey. No idea what a gammon is, but that was just a WTF black humour / shock reaction. Not intended to be funny or serious, just “WTAF, that’s a huge number!”

Apologies if it offended anyone.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 03 Apr 2020, 11:51

Anyway, there’s an explanation....

NOTE ON FRANCE DATA:

On April 2, France reported 884 additional deaths that have occurred in nursing homes over the past days and weeks [source]. The French Government did not include these deaths in their official count, as their count only takes into consideration deaths of hospitalized patients. Following international standards of correct inclusion, our statistics will include these deaths, and will add them to the April 2, 2020 count following the attribution criteria of date of report.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Apr 2020, 11:54

Lord Rother wrote:
Deebank wrote:

Oh blimey. No idea what a gammon is, but that was just a WTF black humour / shock reaction. Not intended to be funny or serious, just “WTAF, that’s a huge number!”

My witchfinder general nose sniffed-out some Brexitty anti-Frenchness in there - apologies if it was not intended.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Apr 2020, 12:36

Deebank wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:
Deebank wrote:

My witchfinder general nose sniffed-out some Brexitty anti-Frenchness in there - apologies if it was not intended.

I got put on ignore for my bit of black humour :(
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 05 Apr 2020, 15:55

Someone wrote this BTL comment under Stuart Lee's column today:

“last month, he “was at a hospital where, I think, there were actually a few coronavirus cases and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know, and I continue to shake hands, and I think it’s very important that we do”.”

And yet real people, actual grown ups, still think our PM is not an idiot!

Vote Tory, then bang a pot for the NHS! BANG BANG BAN...cough....oh.

Indeed.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Apr 2020, 00:39

JOHN TAYLOR
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 06 Apr 2020, 07:13

Deebank wrote:Someone wrote this BTL comment under Stuart Lee's column today:

“last month, he “was at a hospital where, I think, there were actually a few coronavirus cases and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know, and I continue to shake hands, and I think it’s very important that we do”.”

And yet real people, actual grown ups, still think our PM is not an idiot!

Vote Tory, then bang a pot for the NHS! BANG BANG BAN...cough....oh.

Indeed.

Yeah, not his finest hour that.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 06 Apr 2020, 11:28

Well he is paying for it now.

What possible tests could they be running on him? They know he has Corvid what else can they be testing?

Things have obviously deteriorated in the Johnson household to the point he has to be hospitalised or he he is blocking a bed that is needed by someone else who may die.

If he really is that ill why are they still lying to us about him running the country, is it just because lying is their default mode.

I can only think most of the country would get a little boost at the thought of that idiot not being in charge of anything, until they realised that Dominic "who knew Dover was so important" Raab is next in line.

Perhaps having a brush with death and being cared for by the NHS will make Johnson a better person so he doesn't clap himself for blocking pay rises to nurses in the future, it's a long shot but look what happened to Scrooge!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Apr 2020, 11:32

Copehead wrote:Well he is paying for it now.

What possible tests could they be running on him? They know he has Corvid what else can they be testing?

Chest X rays for pneumonia for one.
Would not require an overnight stay though. I wouldn't have thought any tests would require an overnight stay.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Apr 2020, 12:49

According to the Telegraph:

Boris Johnson is likely to undergo several tests to check his oxygen levels, white blood cell count, and liver and kidney function before he is released from hospital.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 06 Apr 2020, 20:28

Boris in intensive care.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 06 Apr 2020, 20:29

Deebank wrote:According to the Telegraph:

Boris Johnson is likely to undergo several tests to check his oxygen levels, white blood cell count, and liver and kidney function before he is released from hospital.

Well he is in the ICU now.

Where I think, statistically speaking he has a 50:50 chance of coming out upright.

But as he has no underlying health conditions, other than being a loathsome, narcissistic, Tory slug, he should be in the lucky 50%

Because I am a nice person :| I wish everyone a swift recovery from the Corona virus, and I can't help hoping that a brush with death and being saved by the NHS may give hime a change of heart where he doesn't think applauding not giving nurses a pay rise is the right thing to do.

But having a disabled son treated by the NHS didn't stop Cameron from slowly undermining it so it seems a long shot

Robert

Postby Robert » 06 Apr 2020, 22:11

Copehead wrote:

Where I think, statistically speaking he has a 50:50 chance of coming out upright.

But as he has no underlying health conditions, other than being a loathsome, narcissistic, Tory slug, he should be in the lucky 50%

Because I am a nice person :| I wish everyone a swift recovery from the Corona virus, and I can't help hoping that a brush with death and being saved by the NHS may give hime a change of heart where he doesn't think applauding not giving nurses a pay rise is the right thing to do.

But having a disabled son treated by the NHS didn't stop Cameron from slowly undermining it so it seems a long shot

I am not so nice, I’m afraid: “last month, he “was at a hospital where, I think, there were actually a few coronavirus cases and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know, and I continue to shake hands, and I think it’s very important that we do”.”

So now it’s him. Just imagine anyone would have taken his
words seriously. He’s an idiot and just for saying/doing what he did, he deserves this.

Yes I know, I am no Jezus. Oh well.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 06 Apr 2020, 22:26

Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:

I am not so nice, I’m afraid: “last month, he “was at a hospital where, I think, there were actually a few coronavirus cases and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know, and I continue to shake hands, and I think it’s very important that we do”.”

So now it’s him. Just imagine anyone would have taken his
words seriously. He’s an idiot and just for saying/doing what he did, he deserves this.

Yes I know, I am no Jezus. Oh well.

We'll all get it, many of us may have already had it, I have had a persistent cough for 2 weeks now, but most of us will hardly notice because we are fit, youngish and healthy and we don't have a genetic propensity to be done in by it.

So yes he was stupid for saying what he did, but he thought he was saying ( lying probably ) the right thing to jolly every one along.

No one deserves to be on a ventilator in ICU wondering if they are going to die tonight, not even Boris Johnson.

Let's hope this has a profound effect on him although you wonder whether he has the wherewithal for the sort of reflection and self awareness that would need.

Robert

Postby Robert » 06 Apr 2020, 22:32

Copehead wrote:
Let's hope this has a profound effect on him although you wonder whether he has the wherewithal for the sort of reflection and self awareness that would need.

What do you think the odds on a bet he will see the light are?

Anything better than 1: 100 I’ll give a serous thought.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 06 Apr 2020, 22:37

Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:

What do you think the odds on a bet he will see the light are?

Anything better than 1: 100 I’ll give a serous thought.

I think the odds are probably longer than that, you don't be come a top Tory politician unless you are the owner of weapons grade hubris, narcissism and egotism.

But we can all keep that hope alive inside for a while, like when you have an Euromillions ticket for a £143 million jackpot and you haven't checked your numbers :)

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Apr 2020, 18:39

I'm not sure if you are able to get past the paywall from this link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... ood-clots/

This is an "interesting" turn, for want of a better word, about some medical issues that are arising from the disease. I have been emailing pals in the UK who have confirmed it is also part of the UK picture. It almost seems like DIC but not quite. This may account for some of the drastic and sudden deteriorations.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 24 Apr 2020, 12:40

It's readable. Very much so.

I could also access some other items including a 10 minute walk and talk filmed interview by a young doctor working in a hospital in Queens, New York City which I had to stop watching after about 4 minutes last evening.
(Unfortunately or maybe fortunately I can't seem to find it this morning)