in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Corona State of Mind

Postby Copehead » 27 Mar 2020, 12:49

Rorschach wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52056534

And I quote :

"Thursday saw a change in the way NHS England and the Department of Health are reporting deaths.

The latest figures are for a 24-hour period, but Wednesday's were not - they were only for eight hours - from 0900 to 1700 on Tuesday 24 March.

Thursday's figures are for a full 24-hour period, from 1700 on Tuesday 24 March to 1700 on Wednesday 25 March.

So Wednesday's rise of 28 reported deaths and the 107 reported deaths on Thursday cannot be directly compared."

In other words, Copehead was exactly correct.

Seems unlikely :?

I was always of the cock up persuasion on this one. Even Johnson and Cummings aren't batshit enough to start down playing the number of deaths.

But it was rank stupidity not to make everyone aware that this was happening to preempt the "VICTORY!!!!" headlines in the usual suspects that have statistically undoubtedly add a few more souls to the death list.

Once again there is no obvious intelligence guiding us at the top of all this, just a desire to spin it in their favour as they react to things that makes Blair and Campbell look like angels.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 27 Mar 2020, 12:50

The Prof wrote:Johnson tests positive

Fingers crossed

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 27 Mar 2020, 12:53

Diamond Dog wrote:
Deebank wrote:
The Prof wrote:Johnson tests positive

Queue media meltdown!

He's self isolating.

How will we tell?

Ever since his lying nonsense about shaking hands with Corona Virus victims in hospital at the start of all this he has been conspicuous by his absence from the front line.

Bar the hypocritical cunt clapping for NHS workers outside number 10 last night; this is the last time he was clapping and cheering something to do with nurses:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/watch-moment-tories-cheered-blocking-10707293

The man is completely shameless, completely without conscience and an absolute cunt. Who said about him the only people who like him are those who don't know him?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 27 Mar 2020, 13:10

Grace Dent in the Guardian:
I hope we remember how the supermarket staff really served us. It’s ironic how many of us slagged off these places for decades, told the masses to avoid them. Let’s all eat risottos of foraged acorns made with small-batch artisan butter from our bi-weekly farmers’ market! And then this happened, and the Aldi car park is full of Audis jam-packed with Super Noodles. It’s almost as if River Cottage never happened.
:lol:

Well I am not succumbing, I am doing Pan Fried Sea bass with Harissa and rose.

Only without the rose because Waitrose has run out of edible rose petals :o

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 27 Mar 2020, 15:42

Right Wing Dad just sent me a forward blaming "The Globalists" for the current "panic."

:(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 27 Mar 2020, 17:39

Count Machuki wrote:Right Wing Dad just sent me a forward blaming "The Globalists" for the current "panic."

Who are 'The Globalists'?
Bugger off.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 27 Mar 2020, 18:05

Rorschach wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:Right Wing Dad just sent me a forward blaming "The Globalists" for the current "panic."

Jews, but not Israel.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 27 Mar 2020, 18:09

I'm sorry, Count. What a nightmare.

Surely he's regretting the Republicans' systemic attack on the progress made from the 30s through the 70s and the . . . deep state, which has left the country ill-equipped to avoid widespread financial calamity and which will (ha ha!) lead to the resurrection of the New Deal and Great Society?
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 27 Mar 2020, 18:35

No, his wife's yoga class moved online and they had more people than ever!

I'm just off the phone with him. Don't know whether to spit or cry.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 27 Mar 2020, 19:18

Lord Rother wrote:Seriously though, it really is quite surprising how many previously anti Boris people are very impressed with his leadership and gravitas in this crisis.

"I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you'll be pleased to know and I continue to shake hands"
- Boris Johnson, Prime Minister and utter moron. March 2020

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Mar 2020, 19:39

I never knew you were married to Jimbo's daughter.
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Mar 2020, 19:40

The Prof wrote: - Boris Johnson, Prime Minister and utter moron. March 2020

:lol: :lol:
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 28 Mar 2020, 00:00

The Prof wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Seriously though, it really is quite surprising how many previously anti Boris people are very impressed with his leadership and gravitas in this crisis.

"I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you'll be pleased to know and I continue to shake hands"
- Boris Johnson, Prime Minister and utter moron. March 2020

Right that's the final straw.

The Prime Minister is a thoroughly decent man and works from home tirelessly for this country.

For shame.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 28 Mar 2020, 00:16

It is hard for me to assume the whole world (and my sports club) is shutting down (then getting sold off for pennies on the dollar) over what is basically a yearly bio-medical event. But that is what our media are telling us so it must be at least partly true. Smoke. Fire. However, I have shown you a few examples of things which contradict what our media are saying re Covid-19. The chart below is another example. It is a European mortality chart and the bottom most country is UK where you can see there were more deaths in Week 03 of 2118 than happening now during this fake IMO crisis. Were all the maddening measures of today taken in 2118? Don't thin' so, Lucy. If you can stop your eyes from rolling out of their sockets, look at the mortality rates in other places, especially at Europe's Ground Zero, Italy. Deaths were much higher in 2016 than now. I ain't buying it.

https://www.euromomo.eu/index.html

Intrepid Corona Cadets will click on the link and see this caveat re the current low-ish numbers of deaths and its implications.

Note concerning COVID-19 related mortality as part of the all-cause mortality figures reported by EuroMOMO

Over the past few days, the EuroMOMO hub has received many questions about the weekly all-cause mortality data and the possible contribution of any COVID-19 related mortality. Some wonder why no increased mortality is observed in the reported mortality figures for the COVID-19 affected countries.

The answer is that increased mortality that may occur primarily at subnational level or within smaller focal areas, and/or concentrated within smaller age groups, may not be detectable at the national level, even more so not in the pooled analysis at European level, given the large total population denominator. Furthermore, there is always a few weeks of delay in death registration and reporting. Hence, the EuroMOMO mortality figures for the most recent weeks must be interpreted with some caution.

Therefore, although increased mortality may not be immediately observable in the EuroMOMO figures, this does not mean that increased mortality does not occur in some areas or in some age groups, including mortality related to COVID-19.

Aside from the weaselly way the explanation is worded, even if all the data is not in, has that stopped our media from screaming the sky is falling?
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Mar 2020, 01:27

Cunt off, thicko.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 28 Mar 2020, 09:01

Nice.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Mar 2020, 10:34

Lord Rother wrote:Nice.

She has a point.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 28 Mar 2020, 22:19

Still Baron wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

Jews, but not Israel.

Ah. I hadn’t heard that one before. I guess it ‘makes sense’.

It’s not just that these things are vile, they’re also completely barmy.
Bugger off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 30 Mar 2020, 08:53

Never let it be said that I am not fair ... even to tories...

I got a press release from JCB this monrning saying that they were making housings for the Dyson ventilator at their cab plant in Staffs.

this is what they're making:

When they (or Dyson) get regulatory approval they go into full production (10,000 ordered).

I suppose it's a relatively straightforward design for their sheet metal shops. The complicated bits are inside of course.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Apr 2020, 22:15

France 1355 dead yesterday. :o

Maybe they decided to shoot them instead to free up some beds.