Corona kind of Life.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Lord Rother » 08 Jan 2021, 14:10

After much talk recently about the level of bureaucracy that was getting in the way of a speedy vaccination programme it was nice to hear a little positive anecdote from my Mum yesterday.

She has had her "invitation" to get the vaccine - when the caller gave her details they indicated she would need to go to a location about 12 miles away - being 87 she expressed concern about how she would get there. She then mentioned a friend (also elderly but "only" in his late 70s and still a driver) who might be able to give her a lift.

The lady on the line said if she could give her his details she could arrange an appointment for him to have his dose at the same time.

And that was all sorted within the next few minutes.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 Jan 2021, 17:09

Lord Rother wrote:After much talk recently about the level of bureaucracy that was getting in the way of a speedy vaccination programme it was nice to hear a little positive anecdote from my Mum yesterday.

She has had her "invitation" to get the vaccine - when the caller gave her details they indicated she would need to go to a location about 12 miles away - being 87 she expressed concern about how she would get there. She then mentioned a friend (also elderly but "only" in his late 70s and still a driver) who might be able to give her a lift.

The lady on the line said if she could give her his details she could arrange an appointment for him to have his dose at the same time.

Well, here's something nice to read this morning. Good for them.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Jan 2021, 17:59

Indeed!

This is a very, very very long read and is one of the best articles I have read about the year gone by and Trump’s role in it. There is some wonderful detail and I can’t recommend it highly enough.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021 ... lague-year
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 09 Jan 2021, 00:36

Lord Rother wrote:After much talk recently about the level of bureaucracy that was getting in the way of a speedy vaccination programme it was nice to hear a little positive anecdote from my Mum yesterday.

Good.

Hope you and your family are still OK.

Pleasingly, my mother received her first vaccination yesterday, sounds as if the procedure was well organised. I hadn't known that she would have to stay under observation for 15 mins after the jab in case of a severe reaction. She didn't sleep that well last night due to the soreness in her arm but that has passed. The programme seems to be rolling out smoothly so far.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Jan 2021, 00:54

An overdue update on my family: Dad is now covid-free and only ever had relatively mild symptoms - and he has received his first vaccine shot; brother and his wife (and her parents) DIDN'T catch it; one nephew got it, as did his (significantly older) wife's son-in-law (you guys keeping all this straight?), but they're both okay now and didn't suffer much more than a wracking cough.

LR, here's hoping your wife and kid fare at least as well!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Jan 2021, 01:16

Charlie O. wrote:An overdue update on my family: Dad is now covid-free and only ever had relatively mild symptoms - and he has received his first vaccine shot; brother and his wife (and her parents) DIDN'T catch it; one nephew got it, as did his (significantly older) wife's son-in-law (you guys keeping all this straight?), but they're both okay now and didn't suffer much more than a wracking cough.

LR, here's hoping your wife and kid fare at least as well!

Good news Charlie.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 09 Jan 2021, 10:57

Thank you Charlie O. All good.

Wife and daughter are both fine (having had no escalation of very mild symptoms) and out of isolation period, and I tested negative yesterday.

On another forum I have frequented for 20 years a couple of regular posters who I have come to “know” and respect over the years due to a common interest in football, have stopped posting in recent weeks.

It leaves an odd empty helpless feeling.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 09 Jan 2021, 11:30

Great news Roth and Chas.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Jan 2021, 13:01

Very heartening to hear this news.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.