Corona State of Mind

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: Corona State of Mind

Postby Dr. Baron » 10 May 2020, 02:26

Wreckless Eric's got it, or something like it.

https://thedysfunctionalworldof.blogspo ... orona.html
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 May 2020, 15:33

Reports from pals back home of a lost member of our old nursing team - not someone I knew well at all, but always had a smile in the morning holding his cup of tea.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 15 May 2020, 14:31

I wonder about snarfyguy. I seem to remember that they bailed out of the city. I hope they are all ok.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 15 May 2020, 18:25

I’m wondering what the point of these daily press briefings is.

Sometimes journalists ask incisive and precise questions but all Raab and Hancock seem to hear is “waffle a bit about schools”, “waffle about care homes”, exaggerate about what the government has supposedly done and say you are being very clear about things you are waffling about.

Repeat daily.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 15 May 2020, 18:35

We get at least three daily ones here (Not even counting US-based ones). We get municipal, provincial and federal. All of them bilingual. If you're watching a French language station and they switch to English, usually just to repeat what was just said, the voiceover kicks in and that drives me nuts, being fully bilingual myself. I can hear both, slightly off-timed. Arrrrgggghhhh!
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 May 2020, 15:15

I’m back in the office today - by choice, we could have worked from home for ages, but my office is more than capable of facilitating social distancing. One of my other colleagues is in an office 30ft away and as he’s a doctor, we are both pretty confident in both our abilities to manage this safely.

Meanwhile back in the UK one of my old colleagues who died of covid was buried today. It was strange seeing so many familiar faces together in one place for such a sad event.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 20 May 2020, 16:44

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’m back in the office today - by choice, we could have worked from home for ages, but my office is more than capable of facilitating social distancing. One of my other colleagues is in an office 30ft away and as he’s a doctor, we are both pretty confident in both our abilities to manage this safely.

Meanwhile back in the UK one of my old colleagues who died of covid was buried today. It was strange seeing so many familiar faces together in one place for such a sad event.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm glad you're able to be back at work. I know you mentioned you like to keep work and home separate which I can understand. I, on the other hand, am so dreading commuting, that I'll probably work from home until they tell me to go in, and then I'll retire.
The crazy music drives you insane

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 May 2020, 18:17

To be honest, it’s the hospital’s loss. I really didn’t know them well at all, only that I saw them nearly every day and knew they were reliable, kind and devoted as their manager loved them as did the patients.

Rita, if I had your commute at the moment I would retire too. Bollocks to that!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 May 2020, 13:29

Weeks ago I was listening to a Swedish professor of public health being interviewed on Radio 4. She was appalled at the plans Sweden had for dealing with the virus and said it was going to be a shitshow. She was totally right.

Dr Markus wrote:

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 22 May 2020, 20:41

Minnie the Minx wrote:Weeks ago I was listening to a Swedish professor of public health being interviewed on Radio 4. She was appalled at the plans Sweden had for dealing with the virus and said it was going to be a shitshow. She was totally right.

No, It’s not quite that bad really.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 23 May 2020, 12:43

northernsky wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Weeks ago I was listening to a Swedish professor of public health being interviewed on Radio 4. She was appalled at the plans Sweden had for dealing with the virus and said it was going to be a shitshow. She was totally right.

No, It’s not quite that bad really.

far worse than Norway
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.