in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Save Julian Assange's Life Please

Postby Jimbo » 21 Feb 2020, 13:56

February 17, 2020
John Pilger: It is time for Julian Assange to be saved, not betrayed

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/02/17/john ... -betrayed/

Pilger says what is needed here so please, please, please heed his words.

There is to be a march this Saturday in London. I'd surely be there to save this free speech hero from an ignominious imprisonment in a US super-max penitentiary. The march is on Saturday, 22 February. It begins at Australia House in Aldwych, London WC2B 4LA, at 12.30pm: assemble at 11.30pm.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Flower

Re: Save Julian Assange's Life Please

Postby Flower » 22 Feb 2020, 13:29

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 22 Feb 2020, 13:53

Flower wrote:I hope that things go well.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/01/18/world/ju ... index.html

Holy shit, Flower. CNN. Really? "Rape, rape, rape, rape, rape ..." Think they're trying to plant something in your brain about Julian? And then, easy to miss, with with no link or explanation ...

May 19, 2017 - Swedish prosecutors drop their investigation of rape allegations against Assange, ending a nearly seven-year legal impasse.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/assa ... 5e47a1f0f0

Read what a real journalist has to say. My go-to girl, Caitlin Johnstone. Gives a speech and quotes Julian himself,

if wars are started by lies, then they can be stopped by truth

Did CNN give any indication what kind of mench Julian is? Fuckkkkk CNN!
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Flower

Postby Flower » 22 Feb 2020, 14:17

Jimbo ~ I liked the concept of a timeline. Feel free to do what you do.

Psssss ... too many Pam Anderson videos on Julian .. be wary.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 23 Feb 2020, 16:02

Flower wrote:Jimbo ~ I liked the concept of a timeline. Feel free to do what you do.

Timelines are fine and it isn't just you who disappoint, God no. But it is time for you to realize that CNN and so many other "trusted names in news" are full of shit and have agendas which serve "the man". Laugh if you like at the quaintness of "the man" but it encompasses what I mean about a power that doesn't serve you or anybody else less than a millionaire. It serves the rich who make money off war. No war no money for them. They no likee. If "the man" posted in "Phuck Dat Shit" he'd write Julian Assange.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 24 Feb 2020, 09:40

I can think of few people who have fallen further in my esteem - I thought pretty much everything he and Wikileaks was doing was important, critical and brave. But look at him now - a cowardly rapist who has thrown his life and those of his victims away. What a horrible human being, who deserves nothing but contempt, and if he dies so be it. Anyone who "saves" him is saving an unrepentant rapist.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 24 Feb 2020, 10:33

With charges dropped and no evidence against him that's possibly a libellous statement.

I'm in 2 minds. Governments do need to have secrets but coverups need to be investigated and we wouldn't know about them without Wikileaks hacking activities.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 24 Feb 2020, 11:29

Anyone who is too cowardly to stand trial loses their presumption of innocence, to my mind, in the mind of common decency and basic rationality. If it was some kangaroo court in god-knows-where, perhaps he has more of a case - but his reasons for fleeing a modern democracy like Sweden with a highly developed justice system are pathetic and insulting. He is as guilty as hell.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 24 Feb 2020, 12:37

Geezee wrote:Anyone who is too cowardly to stand trial loses their presumption of innocence, to my mind, in the mind of common decency and basic rationality. If it was some kangaroo court in god-knows-where, perhaps he has more of a case - but his reasons for fleeing a modern democracy like Sweden with a highly developed justice system are pathetic and insulting. He is as guilty as hell.

Ha!
I'm ashamed of my own country
We just did what the USA ask us to!
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 24 Feb 2020, 13:16

Geezee wrote:Anyone who is too cowardly to stand trial loses their presumption of innocence, to my mind

Really? You think a court will determine with 100% accuracy the guilt or innocence of people called before it? Come on!!

If anyone "knows something we don't know"...it would be Julian Assange.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 24 Feb 2020, 20:03

The Prof wrote:
Geezee wrote:Anyone who is too cowardly to stand trial loses their presumption of innocence, to my mind

Really? You think a court will determine with 100% accuracy the guilt or innocence of people called before it? Come on!!

If anyone "knows something we don't know"...it would be Julian Assange.

I’m not sure I follow - for me it’s fairly self evident that there is very little reason why anyone would flee the courts unless he is guilty - particularly since his stated reason for doing so (some spurious notion of being extradited) made no sense either in the Swedish court system, or in the context of then locking himself in an embassy. Whether or not courts will have a 100% success rate has nothing to do with anything - there is zero reason to believe he would not have a fair trial, in the same way that hundreds of offenders - and innocents - whether they are a senior member of the Nobel Prize committee or a common man on the street - face trials every day in Sweden.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 24 Feb 2020, 21:26

Geezee wrote:Whether or not courts will have a 100% success rate has nothing to do with anything .

It has everything to do with everything. If their prosecution is better than your defence then you can lose. You can be innocent and lose. Absconding doesn’t prove guilt.
And the case was dropped anyway

Geezee wrote: there is zero reason to believe he would not have a fair trial.

It would be nice to think that but I wouldn’t trust the CIA, and I’m not even Jimbo.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 25 Feb 2020, 07:30

The Prof wrote:
Geezee wrote:Whether or not courts will have a 100% success rate has nothing to do with anything .

It has everything to do with everything. If their prosecution is better than your defence then you can lose. You can be innocent and lose.

So in effect what you are saying is that anyone can go out and rape someone, in any country, and then be justified in fleeing because they can say “oh i don’t feel like facing the courts today because god knows whether I’ll get a fair trial or not”. Is there any country where you feel the justice system is up to the task of judging the innocence or guilt of the accused?

Geezee wrote: there is zero reason to believe he would not have a fair trial.

It would be nice to think that but I wouldn’t trust the CIA, and I’m not even Jimbo. [/quote]

It doesn’t excuse anything. Polanski thought there was a witch hunt against him. And that may or may not have been the case - it still doesn’t justify fleeing. The common black man, or Muslim, on the street who feels he is being racially profiled - still doesn’t justify fleeing the courts - and of course they rarely do. If Julian Assange is justified in fleeing rape charges, in effect you are saying there is no point in having a justice system.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 25 Feb 2020, 11:02

Polanski was tried, pleaded guilty and was found guilty - so there is a bit of a difference.
Assange has not been found guilty and there isn't a case against anymore so I don't think can't legally call him a "rapist". (We'll have to ask the BCB legal team!)
I'm not saying it's justified but I am saying he's got lots of reasons to be frightened by America for his information leaks and they are quite determined to put him behind bars for the rest of his life using whatever means they can. He's probably become quite paranoid so I can say I understand if not necessarily agree with him

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 25 Feb 2020, 14:27

The Prof wrote:Polanski was tried, pleaded guilty and was found guilty - so there is a bit of a difference.

But you are saying that the courts are all a fraud anyway so what's the difference? You can't have it both ways.
I'm fully aware - of course - that legally speaking Assange is innocent, and from his, and his followers', perspective that's all that matters.
But it's as obvious as anything that he's as guilty as hell. Even if these girls - whose lives, by all accounts, have been entirely destroyed by this process - are somehow "CIA agents", or you dispute Sweden's definition of rape, or everything was somehow a set-up - you face your day in court. Innocent people don't run.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 26 Feb 2020, 10:09

Geezee wrote:look at him now - a cowardly rapist.

Geezee wrote:I'm fully aware - of course - that legally speaking Assange is innocent

That's really what I was taking you up on

Geezee wrote: Innocent people don't run.

Actually they do, and you can't automatically assume guilt.

Have you never watched The A Team?!

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 26 Feb 2020, 11:59

The Prof wrote:
Geezee wrote:look at him now - a cowardly rapist.

Geezee wrote:I'm fully aware - of course - that legally speaking Assange is innocent

That's really what I was taking you up on

And he is still a rapist.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 26 Feb 2020, 13:31

Geezee wrote: a cowardly rapist..

Geezee wrote:legally speaking Assange is innocent.

Geezee wrote: And he is still a rapist.

Whatevvaas.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 27 Feb 2020, 11:53

The Prof wrote:
Geezee wrote: a cowardly rapist..

Geezee wrote:legally speaking Assange is innocent.

Geezee wrote: And he is still a rapist.

Whatevvaas.

Yes, rape is a subject that deserves such flippancy.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Feb 2020, 12:47