When you chip your brittle teeth

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

When you chip your brittle teeth

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Feb 2020, 13:18

I find it strange that when I chip a tooth from biting something crunchy or hard, I can immediately tell, because the chip is still rock hard if I bite any more. Which makes me wonder why the tooth even chips in the first place. Yes, I know it's because of age and the too-pronged attack from cola and cigs, but I am so addicted, I'd sooner end up with dentures than go without those stimulants. Crazy, absurd, stupid - I know.

So I am not really seeking advice here, I know what I am doing wrong, just addressing the paradox of the hard chip even breaking off in the first place. I mean, if it were really that brittle, why does it not crunch more with continued chewing. The only rational explanation must be that a large area breaks more easily, whereas a tiny chip won't break down any further.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: When you chip your brittle teeth

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Feb 2020, 13:48

You're not chewing hard enough. Just fuckin' give 'er and that little chip'll be ground up in no time.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Feb 2020, 16:34

harvey k-tel wrote:You're not chewing hard enough. Just fuckin' give 'er and that little chip'll be ground up in no time.

:lol:

Quickest way to dentures!
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 13 Feb 2020, 16:42

GoogaMooga wrote:
harvey k-tel wrote:You're not chewing hard enough. Just fuckin' give 'er and that little chip'll be ground up in no time.

:lol:

Quickest way to dentures!

Dentures! I eat the fucking things for breakfast!