Surprise parties

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Surprise parties

Postby Jimbo » 31 Jan 2020, 12:04

Oh jeez, my friends have planned a surprise birthday party for my wife for tomorrow night and it is my job to bring her to a British pub restaurant near a station 30 minutes down the line where a number of other friends will be waiting to drop the "SURPRISE!" bomb on her. I caught a break tonight because on TV someone said something about fish and chips and my wife said she hadn't had fish and chips in a long time. I picked up that thread and said that coincidentally I had read in a What's Up in Tokyo magazine about a place that supposedly has the best in Tokyo but it is a little far. Did she want to go ... say tomorrow evening??? She didn't say no. Wish me luck.
Civilization can never be taken for granted. Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Re: Surprise parties

Postby Flower » 31 Jan 2020, 13:17

Good Luck!

Years ago, my friend and her two brothers decided to give their parents a surprise party for their 25th wedding anniversary. Very early in the planning process, her parents found out and took over the planning, ordered the catering and organized the guest list. Everyone, except the couple whom they let in on the plans, thought that is was a 'real' surprise party.

After all the guests arrived, my friend called her parents while they were having cocktails at their co-conspirators and told them that the toilets were all overflowing. The two couples rushed to the house, commenting as they walked up to the front door that someone must having a party on the block and then everyone jumped out and yelled surprise. i don't believe that anyone caught on that it wasn't a real surprise.

P.S. Are you sure that your lovely wife isn't in on the surprise? :)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Flower

Postby Flower » 01 Feb 2020, 12:52

What happened????

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 01 Feb 2020, 15:20

Flower wrote:What happened????

Just back and the surprise was a surprise. I lied and lied but somehow she bought my BS and actually believed I was taking her on a dinner date. (She always chooses the restaurant.) But waiting at the restaurant were our friends and we all had a great time. :D

Carlsson
Robust

Postby Carlsson » 01 Feb 2020, 15:30

Splendid!

This wasn't a conspiracy after all.

Phew....!

x
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

Flower

Postby Flower » 01 Feb 2020, 17:40

I'm glad that it all went well. I was thinking that maybe since your wife was so willing to go along with your plans that maybe the party was for you. :)

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Feb 2020, 10:10

C wrote:Splendid!

This wasn't a conspiracy after all.

Phew....!

Actually, it was the definition of a conspiracy. I and a couple of other friends - the masterminds - colluded, plotted, planned, lied and sneaked about to produce something which had it not been a surprise party could have been a surprise attack. And a good number of others knew it was going to happen but kept quiet. :?