Which do you choose?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
John aka Josh

Re: Which do you choose?

Postby John aka Josh » 29 Jan 2020, 22:21

yomptepi wrote:The idea of being given another fucking 50 years to live fills me with dread. What on earth is there to look forward to?

A labour government?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 29 Jan 2020, 23:57

Well let's see, I've translated and it's £845,805.58 Pound sterling but where am I going to park that safely ? I'd only have FSCS £85K protection so if there's another global drain-circling sub-prime fandango and a run on the banks, that might put a dent in proceedings.

Anyway, Friend of All Martin Lewis says it's cool as at 7 Jan 2020- see Item 2. of link till I work out a plan.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/safe-savings/

I went for the money as I don't want my appendix taken out a second time (it was ready to blow when I was 38) and I don't want to put my new 26 year old body through that again in case I don't get so lucky. I think that makes sense :?
I'm overthinking this, aren't I.
Charlie O. wrote: Do you have to be high, or something?

Robert

Postby Robert » 30 Jan 2020, 11:11

Rorschach wrote:You can either have €1,000,000 (no tax to pay, you're free to do what you want with it) or your 26-year-old body back (including your brain but with all your current memories and knowledge). You would not go back in time but you'd just be rejuvenated overnight.

Which do you choose, and why?

I'll take the body back. I think it will be easy enough to make money with the new energy + current knowledge.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 30 Jan 2020, 13:21

Still Baron wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Sigh.

I've edited the first post to clarify things, i.e. you would have your 26 year old body NOW, instead of the knackered and decrepit hulk some of us are dragging towards the grave.

I thought it was pretty clear, for what it’s worth.

That's because you're CLEVER and they're all THICK!
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 30 Jan 2020, 13:27

Robert wrote:
I'll take the body back. I think it will be easy enough to make money with the new energy + current knowledge.

More or less the same here.
In fact, I really need a new body. Does anyone know any virgins with spare blood?
My arthritis is so bad I can't make a fist with either hand, I've got an enlarged prostate, and I need cortisone injections every 6 months to deal with a mysterious pain in my right thigh.
And there are other things of a more personal nature that my 26-year-old self never had to worry about...
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 30 Jan 2020, 13:29

yomptepi wrote:The idea of being given another fucking 50 years to live fills me with dread.

I can see that for the reasons you give, but I'd like to see my son grow up, and maybe have grandchildren
Bugger off.