Which do you choose?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rorschach

Which do you choose?

Postby Rorschach » 29 Jan 2020, 13:15

You can either have €1,000,000 (no tax to pay, you're free to do what you want with it) or your 26-year-old body back (including your brain but with all your current memories and knowledge). You would not go back in time but you'd just be rejuvenated overnight.

Which do you choose, and why?
Last edited by Rorschach on 29 Jan 2020, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Bugger off.

Flower

Re: Which do you choose?

Postby Flower » 29 Jan 2020, 13:32

Rorschach wrote:You can either have €1,000,000 (no tax to pay, you're free to do what you want with it) or your 26-year-old body back (including your brain but with all your current memories and knowledge).

Which do you choose, and why?

Question .. Is the second choice to go back in time to when I was 26 with today's memories and brain? If so, I would pick that option. Why? I would love to not make some mistakes, to be able to "fix" things, to be able to stop some bad things from happening.

Also, when I was 26 years old, there were still family members, including my grandmother and some of my grandfather's siblings who could fill me in on our family history.

If it's just to have the body (not so different from today's body) or the cash. I would take the cash to do some renovations, travel more and to be able to donate more to worthy causes.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 29 Jan 2020, 13:46

Tough call!

I could go back to being 26 and invent Google or Facebook, or settle for a million pounds right now, and still probably not have to worry about retirement. I'll take the money now, because let's face it, I wouldn't have the faintest clue how to invent Google or Facebook.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Jan 2020, 13:54

The money. I am obsessed with money and if I am not otherwise distracted by music or a podcast I am fantasizing about getting a lot of money by winning the lottery or finding a suitcase full of cash. (Ooh, the things I'd do ...) And yes I know the end is near but I can't help it. I wish I were rich. As far as being young and fit again it is ironic that you should ask this now because at 68 in 2020 I may be in the best shape of my life - - - except for this bum leg. When I left the hospital after four months of treatment and rehab somehow or other I found the willpower to diet, exercise and quit smoking/vaping. I haven't even vaped once in ten months. Nonetheless, If I weren't so money hungry I'd be more grateful for this gift of good health but I'd rather be fat and unfit again and have that money.
Civilization can never be taken for granted. Thierry Meyssan

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 29 Jan 2020, 13:58

My body is in better shape now than it was when I was 26 so I'll take the money

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 29 Jan 2020, 14:05

So - If you go back to being 26 with all the knowledge, you'd also know who won the FA cup every year, horse races, lottery numbers or even which shares to buy (apple & google). I'll have a bit of that I think.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 29 Jan 2020, 14:32

Easy - I would take the 26 year old. While I've enjoyed my life and what I've achieved and accomplished. However, my late 20's were a disaster and set me back in so many ways(job,friends, live quarters,relationships, no children, spending habits, bad choices). With the knowledge today it would have been much different. That being said - if we are talking going back to 26 but in 2020 I would have a concern about what the environment would be like, although I would like to see what happens.

A million isn't a lot of money these days all it would do is make me retire and travel which I would love but will be doing that in the not too far future anyway. Problem is my body isn't what it once was hence I would rather go back to my 26 year old body. Now if you were saying $10,000,000 then I might have a different thought.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 29 Jan 2020, 14:35

Sigh.

I've edited the first post to clarify things, i.e. you would have your 26 year old body NOW, instead of the knackered and decrepit hulk some of us are dragging towards the grave.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 29 Jan 2020, 14:38

trans-chigley express wrote:My body is in better shape now than it was when I was 26 so I'll take the money

I have no idea how old you are but, regardless of what shape my body as in then, I'd have 36 years of ageing to cut out so I'd at least have the potential to be much better off.
Bugger off.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Jan 2020, 14:44

The Prof wrote:So - If you go back to being 26 with all the knowledge, you'd also know who won the FA cup every year, horse races, lottery numbers or even which shares to buy (apple & google). I'll have a bit of that I think.

But then you would have to live with the knowledge of all the shit that’s going to happen too! You’d be perpetually worried! No thanks.
A million quid for me please!

Though my baps were ace when I was 26. Like something from Henry Moore’s Sculpture Park!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Jan 2020, 14:45

Rorschach wrote:Sigh.

I've edited the first post to clarify things, i.e. you would have your 26 year old body NOW, instead of the knackered and decrepit hulk some of us are dragging towards the grave.

Ah.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 29 Jan 2020, 15:16

Rorschach wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:My body is in better shape now than it was when I was 26 so I'll take the money

I have no idea how old you are but, regardless of what shape my body as in then, I'd have 36 years of ageing to cut out so I'd at least have the potential to be much better off.

I'm 52, but I get your point. With my 26 year old body I could spend the next 26 years getting into better shape than i already am, but I was a lazy twat back then so I'd definitely need my 52 year old brain and attitude in order to get off my lazy ass and do that.

Flower

Postby Flower » 29 Jan 2020, 15:38

Thanks ... the money would be the only option in that case. In the very least, I would also purchase some barren acreage, plant an huge pollinator garden to invite bees, butterflies and hummingbirds to enjoy a better life. I would still travel and donate more.

PS ~ When are you dispersing your gifts? ;)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 29 Jan 2020, 15:49

Minnie the Minx wrote:But then you would have to live with the knowledge of all the shit that’s going to happen too! You’d be perpetually worried! No thanks.

Yeh - but you could do something about it. Stop 9/11, invent Facebook years earlier, kill Nigel Farage etc.

Ah.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 29 Jan 2020, 16:42

I thought it was pretty clear, for what it’s worth.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Jan 2020, 16:58

Still Baron wrote:

I thought it was pretty clear, for what it’s worth.

:x

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Jan 2020, 17:21

For all my "knowledge and experience" I'm not sure I'd know how to be a 26 year old nowadays. I work with people around that age, and they inhabit a very different world from the one I knew at 26. I like them and get along well with them but I don't know what they're talking about much of the time. And when I do, I'm often glad I'm not them.

I'll take the dough.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 29 Jan 2020, 19:38

I'd take the million and buy a house. Round here, that wouldn't leave me much left but we'd have a big garden, a big enough study and a gaming room. That'll do me - I'd be happy to chunter along until I die with that.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Jan 2020, 19:50

I'm 58 years old. I probably don;t have that much long left. If I got to 70 I'd have had a decent innings.

If I had the million, I could give buy my house and give my two girls (23 & 21) £300k each or so. Now.

It's a no brainer. Give me the money so they could live the life I want for them.
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
This is where we walked,This is where we swam, Take a picture here,Take a souvenir

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 29 Jan 2020, 20:47

The idea of being given another fucking 50 years to live fills me with dread. What on earth is there to look forward to. Global destruction, Increasing stupid population, and it is hard enough to park now, so what will it be like when the Uk has 100 million gurning fucking half wits self obsessing all over the place.

No . I will take the money. Add it to my pile and continue living the high life thanks. I do take cash.
You don't like me...do you?