in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Coffee???

I love it, even instant!
26%
I am fussy about my coffee!
41%
I can take it or leave it!
4%
Coffee? Phuck dat shit! Gimme a good cup of tea anytime!
19%
Coffee dates are the only dates that I can get. It's great!
No votes
Other
11%

Total votes: 27

Flower

A Coffee Poll!

Postby Flower » 21 Jan 2020, 16:27

I am fussy about my coffee. It has to be freshly brewed and be strong without being bitter.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: A Coffee Poll!

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 Jan 2020, 16:59

English breakfast tea, 1/5 milk, no sugar
Pepsi-Cola
Royal Crown Cola
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 21 Jan 2020, 18:15

Has to be ground from beans when you are having a pot. Burr grinder essential. Ethically sourced beans, light to medium roast, black, no sugar. I get a delivery of beans every 2 weeks from pactcoffee.com.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jan 2020, 19:27

I like to experiment. I buy my my coffee from among the cheapest packs, bags and cans of ground coffee there are in the supermarket in order to learn which cheap coffee tastes okay-est. You know what? They all taste okay to me. And it makes me happy to hear my wife say "Oishii" when she sips my coffee, which she almost never does, but sometimes I fool her into thinking it's quality coffee. But if my cheap-o coffee goes down together with my morning eggs and gives me a caffeine boost at the gym, that's okay by me!
Last edited by Jimbo on 21 Jan 2020, 19:39, edited 2 times in total.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 21 Jan 2020, 19:38

Latte from the £1 Bakery most mornings.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Jan 2020, 21:22

*surprise* I'm a fussy coffee drnker though I only drnk it about once a week now. I go to my neighborhood Peet's coffe house and have a French press of one of their African coffees. They make it the same way I used to do it at home, grinding the beans and using good water at the proper temp. One of the things I like about tea is not having to worry about buying it every week as I did with coffee. I also like the more gentle caffeine hit over coffee. I don't like being that jacked up anymore.

I'm even fussier about my tea. :D

Flower

Postby Flower » 22 Jan 2020, 13:40

While I'm fussy about coffee, I'm at the point where I mainly drink one large mug in the morning as if I have coffee too much later in the day, I can't fall asleep.

I go through cycles where I pick up premium blends of beans, use our burr grinder and the distilled water to having lazy cycles of using Maxwell House's Rich Dark Blend or Flogers Black Silk Blend. There are times when just brewed that the Maxwell House and/or Flogers are "prefect" and other times when they are just good or good enough.

While I don't like instant coffee, I know several people who can create a very decent cup of coffee using instant. Go figure.

My favorite coffee is cafe au lait .. especially from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans.

Flower

Postby Flower » 22 Jan 2020, 13:55

Growing up in NYC, the Chinese Restaurants always served a pot of tea. It was almost always the Sweet Touch-Nee brand, which my parents always had at home. We basically had tea when we had colds.

I've always thought of Sweet Touch-Nee as being a Chinese blend and this morning, I've found that it's a Russian blend.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 22 Jan 2020, 14:11

Jumper K wrote:Has to be ground from beans when you are having a pot. Burr grinder essential. Ethically sourced beans, light to medium roast, black, no sugar. I get a delivery of beans every 2 weeks from pactcoffee.com.

Similar for me, except dark roast with a bit of milk.

"Grizzly Claw" blend from the Kicking Horse Coffee Co. is my go-to, ground slightly finer than necessary for a French press to extract maximum flavour.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Jan 2020, 14:18

I like the ones made by my Dad- a flat teaspoon of Co-op own brand instant in a tiny cup, thrust under my nose as he mumbles ‘fresh coffee is overrated fucking bollocks’
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 22 Jan 2020, 15:04

Sort of fussy about my coffee. I buy beans from various speciality food stores. I then grind my beans every few days and drink about a cup(little more on weekends) with a drop of some sort of milk. However on vacation or traveling I’ll drink just about any coffee. Also like to try the local coffee of the place in. New Orleans coffee with chicory, Greek and turkish coffees. Currently drinking organic Peruvian coffee. Favorite is Kona from Kauai.

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Jan 2020, 12:29

I love Kona! It doesn't seem to be as popular as it once was, thanks for reminding me, it is now on my shopping list. :)

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 23 Jan 2020, 13:41

I love good coffee but I can't drink it any more.
One cup and I can hardly sleep for a couple of days and I become aggressive and paranoid.
Bugger off.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 23 Jan 2020, 19:15

I love coffee, but these days it is some fair trade decaff. When the school hols come round again I'll maybe get some proper beans.
I had some beans from Kuranda in Queensland last year- fantastic coffee.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 24 Jan 2020, 02:22

I’m fussy enough to have a burr grinder, buy fresh(ish) beans, and weigh it out by gram before I make in in the press, but I’ll happily drink any old shit and I’m not neurotic enough to make my own espresso (apart from the stovetop way).

Rules for public consumption: tea in the uk, coffee in the us.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jan 2020, 05:32

Still Baron wrote: Rules for public consumption: tea in the uk, coffee in the us.

US diner/sit down restaurant = all the coffee you can drink.
Japanese sushi/tempura/happy bowl, etc. = all the tea you can drink.

Actually if you're coming to Japan you may want to know the places where you can get free coffee refills: Denny's, Mr. Donuts, Skylark, Gusto, Jonathans,
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 24 Jan 2020, 05:50

Jimbo wrote:
Still Baron wrote: Rules for public consumption: tea in the uk, coffee in the us.

US diner/sit down restaurant = all the coffee you can drink.
Japanese sushi/tempura/happy bowl, etc. = all the tea you can drink.

England -£2.50 a cup.

Flower

Postby Flower » 24 Jan 2020, 10:51

Things have really changed, prices of both coffee and tea have shot up. Also, growing up in New York, all the Chinese restaurants that we went to would always have all the pots of tea that you could drink included in the price of the meal which is no longer true. :(

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Jan 2020, 12:04

I realized this morning that since starting this poll that I haven't produced a very great cup of coffee. SCREAM!! :lol:

C
Robust

Postby C » 25 Jan 2020, 12:17

'Other'

I don't drink hot drinks - I've never drank tea or coffee

John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.