Carlos Ghosn: Are you following this story?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Carlos Ghosn: Are you following this story?

Postby Jimbo » 13 Jan 2020, 14:42

FYI, his last name is pronounced "gone" as in Ghosn is gone. Which he is - from the clutches of the Japanese justice system that is. He, his arrest and escape are popular discussion topics here, but IMO not examined as thoroughly by the media as it should. While Ghosn himself is indicting the system safely from no-extradition-agreement-with-Japan Lebanon, the cowardly media are not questioning the fairness or the structure of Japan's justice system. And if you ever get caught in its clutches there is a crazy high 90s percent chance you will be found guilty. And it is that crazy number which has most Japanese convinced of his guilt. If the prosecutor arrested him then he must be guilty! But if you watched his self made news conference from Lebanon maybe you'd think differently. Call me naive but he made me think he is not the criminal they say he is. But most Japanese think otherwise. Is anyone following this case?
Mentally replace all the doofy company logos on people’s cars and clothing with the word “CAPITALISM”. C. Johnstone

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Carlos Ghosn: Are you following this story?

Postby Lord Rother » 13 Jan 2020, 17:59

Well, I read about it over the weekend and I would tend to agree with you.

It’s a 99.5% conviction rate I believe lathough some commentators are suggesting it’s a shame he has cut and run as they think he actually had a good chance of winning, which might have gone some way to exposing the issues in the Japanese legal system.