Page 1 of 1

Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 04:33
by Jimbo
Is it Facebook, Twitter, Predulin, me? It's not like there aren't enough topics to argue about, I mean discuss. But jeez, it's like an upstate New York town here. "Oops, there goes the pizza shop!" Does anyone have any ideas how to get back to some vital state? Get some new members? Because I really love BCB and hate to see it die - or so sickly.

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 08:05
by GoogaMooga
Nobody in particular. It's just general atrophy or whatever it is called.

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 11:18
by Carlsson
GoogaMooga wrote: It's just general atrophy or whatever it is called.


Do you mean entropy....?




.

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 11:59
by “The Man”
C wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote: It's just general atrophy or whatever it is called.






Do you mean entropy....?




.


I was going to post the word you're both searching for but I simply can't be bothered

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 12:53
by GoogaMooga
Atrophy is a better choice than entropy.

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 13:17
by Flower
Jimbo wrote:Is it Facebook, Twitter, Predulin, me? It's not like there aren't enough topics to argue about, I mean discuss. But jeez, it's like an upstate New York town here. "Oops, there goes the pizza shop!" Does anyone have any ideas how to get back to some vital state? Get some new members? Because I really love BCB and hate to see it die - or so sickly.


How about ... NONE OF THE ABOVE.

All forums have an ebb and flow. Yes, an expanded population would be nice but I've found on this and other forums that too many people complain about a forum being slow, dead, etc but do nothing (this does NOT apply to you Jimbo) to come up with a solution.

Members just need to start a few more threads, invite friends and try to respond in a positive manner a bit more. Being nasty and thread crapping is what turns people off and stops them from posting.

When the other place started, much of the negative energy that was haunting this place left. BCB is a much nicer, friendlier place (for the most part) now that most of the negative beings have left to post elsewhere.

If I don't like a person or thread, I just ignore them or the thread. No harm, no foul, no creating a hostile environment. Look at the "Word Association" thread. It is dead now but generated so much "hate" or negative feelings. It would be easy to ignore it and not cause issues where no issue exists.

My theory .. others are welcome.

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 13:59
by “The Man”
GoogaMooga wrote:Atrophy is a better choice than entropy.


See my rather heavy-handed attempt at a witticism immediately above your post

Re: What is ruining BCB?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 14:13
by Samoan
Facebook-type threads need to be left alone to wither on the vine and sink into oblivion.

For one thing, in my opinion they are utter drivel but most importantly, they propel ZERO further discussion, interaction, chat, debate or interest.

Words that just sound good
The image association thread
Answer with chick bait
Phuck dat shit
Answer with click bait

Re: What is ruining BCB?

Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 13:53
by Samoan
Jimbo wrote:Is it Facebook, Twitter, Predulin, me? It's not like there aren't enough topics to argue about, I mean discuss. But jeez, it's like an upstate New York town here. "Oops, there goes the pizza shop!" Does anyone have any ideas how to get back to some vital state? Get some new members? Because I really love BCB and hate to see it die - or so sickly


Facebook-type threads, such as below, need to be left alone to wither on the vine and sink into oblivion but some are intent on feeding them.
I think they are Preludin Agitants :lol:
For one thing, in my opinion these threads are self-indulgent twaddle but crucially, they propel ZERO further discussion, interaction, chat, debate or interest.


Words that just sound good
The image association thread
Answer with chick bait
Phuck dat shit
Answer with click bait

Re: What is ruining BCB?

Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 14:04
by Jimbo
Greta Thumberg wrote:For one thing, in my opinion these threads are self-indulgent twaddle but crucially, they propel ZERO further discussion, interaction, chat, debate or interest.


Words that just sound good
The image association thread
Answer with chick bait
Phuck dat shit
Answer with click bait


I disagree. Not that these are the greatest thread ideas ever. I think of them as a kind of improvisational poetry, not to mention place holders until you or I can come up with more viral topics. But nothing seems to be catching on. The old town is dying. "Wasn't there a barber shop on this corner?"

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 15:13
by “The Man”
Posts that needlessly parrot the same OP's earlier post immediately above it

Re: What is ruining BCB?

Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 15:19
by “The Man”
Jimbo wrote:

The old town is dying. "Wasn't there a barber shop on this corner?"




Aye, used to be run by a young whippersnapper name of John Coan. Couldn't cut hair worth a damn and kept rubbing his customers up the wrong way. Happily, now set up shop in the ghost town on the wrong side of the tracks.

Re: What is ruining BCB?

Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 16:39
by Carlsson
Powehi wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

The old town is dying. "Wasn't there a barber shop on this corner?"




Aye, used to be run by a young whippersnapper name of John Coan. Couldn't cut hair worth a damn and kept rubbing his customers up the wrong way. Happily, now set up shop in the ghost town on the wrong side of the tracks.


:lol:






.

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 19:02
by Flower
It would be nice if the ghosts rested in peace, enjoyed their graveyard and didn't envy the living. Unfortunately, they don't realize that they are ghosts and don't tread among the living.