Who is ruining BCB?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Who is ruining BCB?

Postby Jimbo » 13 Jan 2020, 04:33

Is it Facebook, Twitter, Predulin, me? It's not like there aren't enough topics to argue about, I mean discuss. But jeez, it's like an upstate New York town here. "Oops, there goes the pizza shop!" Does anyone have any ideas how to get back to some vital state? Get some new members? Because I really love BCB and hate to see it die - or so sickly.
Mentally replace all the doofy company logos on people’s cars and clothing with the word “CAPITALISM”. C. Johnstone

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: Who is ruining BCB?

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Jan 2020, 08:05

Nobody in particular. It's just general atrophy or whatever it is called.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Jan 2020, 11:18

GoogaMooga wrote: It's just general atrophy or whatever it is called.

Do you mean entropy....?

Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 13 Jan 2020, 11:59

C wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote: It's just general atrophy or whatever it is called.

Do you mean entropy....?

I was going to post the word you're both searching for but I simply can't be bothered

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Jan 2020, 12:53

Atrophy is a better choice than entropy.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Jan 2020, 13:17

Jimbo wrote:Is it Facebook, Twitter, Predulin, me? It's not like there aren't enough topics to argue about, I mean discuss. But jeez, it's like an upstate New York town here. "Oops, there goes the pizza shop!" Does anyone have any ideas how to get back to some vital state? Get some new members? Because I really love BCB and hate to see it die - or so sickly.

How about ... NONE OF THE ABOVE.

All forums have an ebb and flow. Yes, an expanded population would be nice but I've found on this and other forums that too many people complain about a forum being slow, dead, etc but do nothing (this does NOT apply to you Jimbo) to come up with a solution.

Members just need to start a few more threads, invite friends and try to respond in a positive manner a bit more. Being nasty and thread crapping is what turns people off and stops them from posting.

When the other place started, much of the negative energy that was haunting this place left. BCB is a much nicer, friendlier place (for the most part) now that most of the negative beings have left to post elsewhere.

If I don't like a person or thread, I just ignore them or the thread. No harm, no foul, no creating a hostile environment. Look at the "Word Association" thread. It is dead now but generated so much "hate" or negative feelings. It would be easy to ignore it and not cause issues where no issue exists.

My theory .. others are welcome.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 13 Jan 2020, 13:59

GoogaMooga wrote:Atrophy is a better choice than entropy.

See my rather heavy-handed attempt at a witticism immediately above your post

Samoan

Re: What is ruining BCB?

Postby Samoan » 13 Jan 2020, 14:13

Facebook-type threads need to be left alone to wither on the vine and sink into oblivion.

For one thing, in my opinion they are utter drivel but most importantly, they propel ZERO further discussion, interaction, chat, debate or interest.

Words that just sound good
The image association thread
Answer with chick bait
Phuck dat shit
Answer with click bait
Charlie O. wrote: Do you have to be high, or something?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 17 Jan 2020, 13:53

Jimbo wrote:Is it Facebook, Twitter, Predulin, me? It's not like there aren't enough topics to argue about, I mean discuss. But jeez, it's like an upstate New York town here. "Oops, there goes the pizza shop!" Does anyone have any ideas how to get back to some vital state? Get some new members? Because I really love BCB and hate to see it die - or so sickly

Facebook-type threads, such as below, need to be left alone to wither on the vine and sink into oblivion but some are intent on feeding them.
I think they are Preludin Agitants :lol:
For one thing, in my opinion these threads are self-indulgent twaddle but crucially, they propel ZERO further discussion, interaction, chat, debate or interest.

Answer with chick bait
Phuck dat shit
Answer with click bait
Charlie O. wrote: Do you have to be high, or something?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 17 Jan 2020, 14:04

Greta Thumberg wrote:For one thing, in my opinion these threads are self-indulgent twaddle but crucially, they propel ZERO further discussion, interaction, chat, debate or interest.

Answer with chick bait
Phuck dat shit
Answer with click bait

I disagree. Not that these are the greatest thread ideas ever. I think of them as a kind of improvisational poetry, not to mention place holders until you or I can come up with more viral topics. But nothing seems to be catching on. The old town is dying. "Wasn't there a barber shop on this corner?"
Mentally replace all the doofy company logos on people’s cars and clothing with the word “CAPITALISM”. C. Johnstone

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 17 Jan 2020, 15:13

Posts that needlessly parrot the same OP's earlier post immediately above it

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 17 Jan 2020, 15:19

Jimbo wrote:

The old town is dying. "Wasn't there a barber shop on this corner?"

Aye, used to be run by a young whippersnapper name of John Coan. Couldn't cut hair worth a damn and kept rubbing his customers up the wrong way. Happily, now set up shop in the ghost town on the wrong side of the tracks.

C
Robust

Postby C » 17 Jan 2020, 16:39

Powehi wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

The old town is dying. "Wasn't there a barber shop on this corner?"

Aye, used to be run by a young whippersnapper name of John Coan. Couldn't cut hair worth a damn and kept rubbing his customers up the wrong way. Happily, now set up shop in the ghost town on the wrong side of the tracks.

:lol:

Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

Flower

Postby Flower » 17 Jan 2020, 19:02

It would be nice if the ghosts rested in peace, enjoyed their graveyard and didn't envy the living. Unfortunately, they don't realize that they are ghosts and don't tread among the living.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.