Roddy Lumsden

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Butch Manly » 09 Feb 2020, 16:13

Sadly, I cannot now make this. I've been booked to teach tomorrow and I can't afford to turn work down at the moment. Sorry, Mark - hope you and Martin both make it.

I shall certainly be thinking of Roddy tomorrow.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Feb 2020, 22:04

echolalia wrote:Just a reminder before I fly up to Blighty: Roddy's funeral is at Honor Oak Crematorium, 1:45 pm, Monday 10 February. Try to be there!

Are you flying in just for this? Good on you. I hope it's as good a day as it can be.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 10 Feb 2020, 21:29

Minnie the Minx wrote:
echolalia wrote:Just a reminder before I fly up to Blighty: Roddy's funeral is at Honor Oak Crematorium, 1:45 pm, Monday 10 February. Try to be there!

Are you flying in just for this? Good on you. I hope it's as good a day as it can be.

Thanks! I tried, but both flights were cancelled because of the weather. They kept us waiting six hours before they cancelled the second flight too :evil:

So I missed Roddy's funeral, which I'm pretty upset about. I'll visit our home town in spring and work out some way of holding a private ceremony in his honour.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 11 Feb 2020, 00:07

Oh man
:(
I'm really sorry you didn't manage to make it
The Complete Slade Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Feb 2020, 12:12

echolalia wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:

Thanks! I tried, but both flights were cancelled because of the weather. They kept us waiting six hours before they cancelled the second flight too :evil:

So I missed Roddy's funeral, which I'm pretty upset about. I'll visit our home town in spring and work out some way of holding a private ceremony in his honour.

Oh Jesus. I’m so sorry.
I look forward to hearing about whatever it is that you get to do eventually.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 11 Feb 2020, 12:15

Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.