Megxit

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sam Stone

Re: Megxit

Postby Sam Stone » 19 Jan 2020, 16:26

Jimbo wrote:On the treadmill today I determined that if we get a dog and it's a female we'll call her Duchess and if it's male he's gotta be Duke.

If the male dog is totally white, you could call him David Duke

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 19 Jan 2020, 20:38

Deebank wrote:
harvey k-tel wrote:Which one is he the duke of?

Good question!

I have lived in both and was never aware of being in a duchy.

Must be West Sussex. Because I heard he was passed the duchy on the left hand side.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 19 Jan 2020, 22:12

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Deebank wrote:
harvey k-tel wrote:Which one is he the duke of?

Good question!

I have lived in both and was never aware of being in a duchy.

Must be West Sussex. Because I heard he was passed the duchy on the left hand side.

Wait!

Viewed from the north - where I believe you live - the duchy would be on the right hand side tho surely?

Bing bang biddley biddley biddley biddley bong.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 20 Jan 2020, 15:37

I didn't quite realise that stepping back from their role meant literally resigning from it. Good on them, and a brave step. I have no perspective of them as people, but it's the right decision and one that I would wish every monarch around the world would take.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 20 Jan 2020, 16:08

Geezee wrote:I didn't quite realise that stepping back from their role meant literally resigning from it. . ... ....

Neither did they.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 20 Jan 2020, 16:15

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 20 Jan 2020, 17:10

I do think the press have relied a lot on whipping up the Mrs Simpson resonances. I honestly can’t make my mind up re the rascism claims, but the anti- American AND she’s a woman messages seem pretty clear a la the supposedly malign influence that was Wallace .

It’s very easy for the tabloids etc then to make out that Megan is domineering and is responsible for this disruption of the natural royal order.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 20 Jan 2020, 18:40

Samoan wrote:
Geezee wrote:I didn't quite realise that stepping back from their role meant literally resigning from it. . ... ....

Neither did they.

Nicolas Witchel for BBC News, Buckingham Palace.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 12 Feb 2020, 03:38

Minnie the Minx wrote:It’s in all the shop windows - here - in Tallinn! Extraordinary

Oh? Incidentally how are your Commie sympathies going over in Estonia?

:?:

"That government governs best that governs least."

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 12 Feb 2020, 03:44

soundchaser wrote:I wish they'd all go. At the very least, don't be on my TV every time I switch on.

So long as the Limey fops stay out of Canada I'm fine. Looks like I'm not getting my wishes in that regard either. Now one way or another it's most assuredly going to cost me tax money.

:x

"That government governs best that governs least."

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 19 Feb 2020, 12:52

More bad news for Ginge and Whinge - If Brenda's nixing their use of the name "Sussex Royal" wasn't bad enough, they've now learned their chosen alternative, H&M, is already taken