Megxit

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
bobzilla77

Megxit

Postby bobzilla77 » 09 Jan 2020, 23:43

I'm not sure I totally comprehend what's going on here. Im aware the right wing press don't like her. In that case, shouldn't they be pleased Meg and Harry
are getting out of the crown game? Were those people just assholes who were going to bag on her no matter what they did?

I find it hard to summon any feelings at all about English royals. But I kind of like it that someone is turning their back on the idea without their hand bring forced by scandal.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Six String

Re: Megxit

Postby Six String » 10 Jan 2020, 06:19

I find it all strange too but like you I live in the U.S. and not the U.K. so there's no tradition. I know they aren't the only royals in the world but it still seems a bit anachronistic to me.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 10 Jan 2020, 07:59

I wish they'd all go. At the very least, don't be on my TV every time I switch on.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Jan 2020, 19:27

It’s in all the shop windows - here - in Tallinn! Extraordinary
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 10 Jan 2020, 20:09

I think what I'm getting is that the constant harassment was indeed intended to drive her out of England but they didn't think her husband would stand by her. One article compared it to a wife abuser bring shocked and horrified that his wife left him.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 11 Jan 2020, 10:43

bobzilla77 wrote:I think what I'm getting is that the constant harassment was indeed intended to drive her out of England but they didn't think her husband would stand by her. One article compared it to a wife abuser bring shocked and horrified that his wife left him.

I think you're over-egging the pudding there a bit, BZ.

Ginge and Whinge seem perfectly happy to suck on the royal teat while money is gushing out (UK£2,400,000 of taxpayers' dosh to tart up Frogmore Cottage, some UK£630,000 annually to keep them safe from the gullible masses who adore them so much, sending security officers to stop people taking pictures on the Centre Court at Wimbledon, the list goes on (and on)).

Sadly, they're not quite so happy to return the favour when it comes to throwing sops to hoi polloi whose hard-earned cash funds their lavish lifestyles (a virtual news blackout on the birth of their contribution to the bloated ranks of the House of Windsor, yada, yada, yada). Nor do they seem to understand how it is that people who are lucky to fly somewhere once a year on holidays might resent their flying here, there and everywhere on private jet to lecture the rest of us about the environment. Worse still, any time someone questions this, they're dissed as being somehow racist. This from a couple who stood in one of the most wretched parts of one of the world's poorest countries and bleated how hard their lives were! Pass the sick bag, Alice

If Preach and Leach are really serious about going it alone - and let's face it they'll make squillions on the US lecture circuit and from shilling products on QVC like the appalling Fergie - they should refuse all public funding and refrain from using the term "Royal Sussex" from this point on.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 11 Jan 2020, 13:17

It'll all end in a hot mess.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 11 Jan 2020, 15:30

bobzilla77 wrote:I'm not sure I totally comprehend what's going on here. Im aware the right wing press don't like her. In that case, shouldn't they be pleased Meg and Harry
are getting out of the crown game? Were those people just assholes who were going to bag on her no matter what they did?

Basically yes. She's disliked for being non English, non white and an independent career women. It's all pretty unedifying.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 11 Jan 2020, 15:35

Powehi wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote:I think what I'm getting is that the constant harassment was indeed intended to drive her out of England but they didn't think her husband would stand by her. One article compared it to a wife abuser bring shocked and horrified that his wife left him.

Ginge and Whinge seem perfectly happy to suck on the royal teat while money is gushing out (UK£2,400,000 of taxpayers' dosh to tart up Frogmore Cottage, some UK£630,000 annually to keep them safe from the gullible masses who adore them so much, sending security officers to stop people taking pictures on the Centre Court at Wimbledon, the list goes on (and on)).

Sadly, they're not quite so happy to return the favour when it comes to throwing sops to hoi polloi whose hard-earned cash funds their lavish lifestyles (a virtual news blackout on the birth of their contribution to the bloated ranks of the House of Windsor, yada, yada, yada). Nor do they seem to understand how it is that people who are lucky to fly somewhere once a year on holidays might resent their flying here, there and everywhere on private jet to lecture the rest of us about the environment. Worse still, any time someone questions this, they're dissed as being somehow racist. This from a couple who stood in one of the most wretched parts of one of the world's poorest countries and bleated how hard their lives were! Pass the sick bag, Alice

If Preach and Leach are really serious about going it alone - and let's face it they'll make squillions on the US lecture circuit and from shilling products on QVC like the appalling Fergie - they should refuse all public funding and refrain from using the term "Royal Sussex" from this point on.

I don't think BZ is.
Nice rant..but all of that could be applied to Kate and William, yet the right wing press love them. See the difference?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 11 Jan 2020, 15:59

She causes a lot of :roll: with many of her serious (and less important) life choices which may come across as almost perversely contrary.
The insistence on a home birth and engaging a doula all went not as planned when she was whisked off up to London at speed to the hospital the royals use for birthing their babies.
If I was great with child at her age, I wouldn't want to be Anywhere except in a hospital.

I think being a princess in Python land where there are no sacred cows was always going to be challenging for an American.
Her ethnicity is and was not an issue, as I see it (except if you wander into Twitter land and it's ilk).

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 12 Jan 2020, 11:21

The Modernist wrote:
Powehi wrote:

I don't think BZ is.
Nice rant..but all of that could be applied to Kate and William, yet the right wing press love them. See the difference?

Sorry, Moddie, but the points I've raised about P & L (news blackout on birth of brat, private flights to lecture the rest of us about the need to conserve resources, sending flunkies to tell people in public places to refrain from taking pictures that may - and eventually didn't - have you in them, being just three examples) don't apply to Baldy Bill and Waity Katie. I'll be happy to stand corrected if you can post examples of occasions where they do.

Brenda Love-Heart

Postby Brenda Love-Heart » 12 Jan 2020, 11:30

Powehi wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Powehi wrote:

I don't think BZ is.

Sorry, Moddie, but the points I've raised about P & L (news blackout on birth of brat, private flights to lecture the rest of us about the need to conserve resources, sending flunkies to tell people in public places to refrain from taking pictures that may - and eventually didn't - have you in them, being just three examples) don't apply to Baldy Bill and Waity Katie. I'll be happy to stand corrected if you can post examples of occasions where they do.

Try listening to music once in a while - helps with all the hate.
C wrote:
I remember some of them when they were nice boys - G for example.

But Coan has changed them

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 13 Jan 2020, 09:19

Bun-Da-Da wrote:
Try listening to music once in a while - helps with all the hate.

But the only "hate" here is the self-loathing you regularly bring over from Preludin during your increasingly pathetic attempts to keep your doomed board alive by trying to cosy up to BCBers you've long made it clear you detest.
Last edited by Sam Stone on 13 Jan 2020, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 13 Jan 2020, 11:31

Yep, G's correct. There are dozens of spoilt, demanding, entitled minor royals the media could have been picking on for decades but they choose Megan for their most extreme hatred (did you see that Eamon Homes outburst for example?).

I wonder why? :?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 13 Jan 2020, 11:44

It all started when they started banging on about climate change and became overtly political.

The Royals don't do politics. That's not their job. They are public servants who carry out roles - but not political ones. William and Kate shut their traps like his Grandmother does.

The press have a lot of time and sympathy for Harry and I think they do for Meghan too. There is needling without doubt, but it is nothing on the scale that some people suggest.

Personally I think it'll end in tears.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 13 Jan 2020, 11:55

Deebank wrote:(did you see that Eamon Homes outburst for example?).

such a vile human being.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 13 Jan 2020, 11:56

Deebank wrote:Yep, G's correct. There are dozens of spoilt, demanding, entitled minor royals the media could have been picking on for decades but they choose Megan for their most extreme hatred (did you see that Eamon Homes outburst for example?).

But G wasn't talking about the minor royals (whom even Liz, Phil the Greek and Chazza want to yank forcibly off the public teat), he expressly mentioned Baldy Bill and Waity Katie.

If you really think the likes of Andy's brats, Eugenie and Beatrice, are getting an easy ride off the UK redtops then you obviously haven't opened a tabloid paper these last few years.

Nope, I didn't see EH's outburst. The day I start watching/listening to that particular fat opinionated fuck is the day I commit an act of self-abasement so wretched I can't even begin to imagine just how unimaginably depraved it might be.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 13 Jan 2020, 11:59

KeithPratt wrote:
The Royals don't do politics. That's not their job. They are public servants who carry out roles - but not political ones.

Yeah Diana was such a royal b&tch,.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Jan 2020, 12:25

Deebank wrote:

Why do you think it is?

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Jan 2020, 12:31

I was listening to woman’s hour on radio 4 this morning which had a whole programme devoted to this. It was genuinely fascinating to listen to the views - one bloke in his seventies called up spitting venom because Meghan didn’t shake the hands of people in the order she was supposed to - he was going mental! Most fascinating of all was two women of mixed heritage who had completely opposing views as to whether Meghan was the subject of racism - in all of these cases I couldn’t help but be reminded of how little I care what happens to the royal family one way or another.

Dr Markus wrote: